Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Interior buttons, knobs, and switches...what are they?? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/interior-buttons-knobs-switches-what-they-6180/)

Gunner1 06-20-2004 03:43 AM

Interior buttons, knobs, and switches...what are they??

Was that tC manual ever posted online?

I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you Toyota people would know...

What's the button in the glove compartment for?

And what are the buttons in the mirror for? It seems like 3 of them are homelink, or whatever that garage door programming setup is. then i'm guessing the 4th one is auto-dimming and there's a 5th one....?

My fiance's Acura TSX has a button that dims headlights reflecting from cars behind you. It makes everything a dim green, I don't like it so I normally turn it off.

gwtc 06-20-2004 03:46 AM

Yeah! I was wondering what that button in the globe box did too.

tC4me 06-20-2004 07:20 AM

When its time for an oil change the MAINT REQD light comes on. After your oil is changed, you push that button and it resets! waa laa!

integsrtite 06-20-2004 07:23 AM

i didn't even see a picture of the button yet. lol. i've heard about it more than once though.

tC4me 06-20-2004 07:27 AM

hee hee, i'll take a picture for you then.

CuPoJava 06-20-2004 07:27 AM

It's the self-destruct button.

cornfield 06-20-2004 09:13 AM

voilą! :wink:

TRDtC 06-20-2004 09:15 AM

the button in the glove box has to do with a low tire pressure warning

sush1a 06-20-2004 12:36 PM

i also notice that button... and no idea what it is.... my guess would be for the hatch/trunk release lock... but then there isn't a trunk/hatch release lever on the side as other said. on my lexus that button would not let the valet key open the trunk and the push button for trunk release would not work.

JSVH 06-20-2004 03:13 PM

That button resets the low tire pressure warning system. If you get new tires then press that button so the system can recalibrate itself to the new tire pressure.

fearturtle44 06-20-2004 03:49 PM

So is the button in the glove box for resetting on oil changes or tire changes?

Kevin

gwtc 06-20-2004 04:03 PM

The car salesman said it had something todo with the tire preesure, but he wasn't sure.

bofa 06-20-2004 04:25 PM

well... don't know what it is.. know what it can become.. NOS! :lol:

Slide 06-21-2004 01:44 PM

Built-in sensors can detect headlight glare from behind and automatically dim the mirror to help keep glare out of the driver's eyes. The infrared map light can project colored light onto the center console. The mirror housing also incorporates Homelink, which allows you to program your garage door opener into the mirror.

djimpak 06-21-2004 05:55 PM

are you talking about the optional auto-dimming rear view mirror?

tC4me 06-21-2004 06:00 PM

hee hee, i was wrong. At least im admitting it! The button inside the glove box is for the tires. so where the hell did i read about the oil thing??

fearturtle44 06-21-2004 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by tC4me
hee hee, i was wrong. At least im admitting it! The button inside the glove box is for the tires. so where the hell did i read about the oil thing??

I agree. I thought I had read something about a notification for an oil change. Unless it is simply adjusting one of the trip meters.

Kevin

joshryn09 11-11-2006 01:35 AM

Re: Interior buttons, knobs, and switches...what are they??

Originally Posted by Gunner1
Was that tC manual ever posted online?

I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you Toyota people would know...

What's the button in the glove compartment for?

And what are the buttons in the mirror for? It seems like 3 of them are homelink, or whatever that garage door programming setup is. then i'm guessing the 4th one is auto-dimming and there's a 5th one....?

My fiance's Acura TSX has a button that dims headlights reflecting from cars behind you. It makes everything a dim green, I don't like it so I normally turn it off.

ok..
button in the glove box is for the tire pressure monitor reset button
to use it
fill tires with air
the corret PSI that is required and push it and it will reset the system
but when u push it drive around for about an hour

then...
the 5th button on the mirror is the maplight mirror
if u push it once it is a white light for maps and stuff
but if u hold it it changes from white to orange then to a teal

and the manual is posted somewhere
but im not sire exactly where at..

paul34 11-11-2006 03:12 AM

What? I thought that button was for actuating the SCION-COOL-KILL command, which will, upon pressing the button, cause the seat to fold forward with crushing force... allowing you to rid yourself of those pesky passengers!

joshryn09 11-11-2006 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by paul34
What? I thought that button was for actuating the SCION-COOL-KILL command, which will, upon pressing the button, cause the seat to fold forward with crushing force... allowing you to rid yourself of those pesky passengers!

No,
srry
buttons
1-3.homelink
4-autodim on/off
5- 3 color change light