Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Issues with build (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/issues-build-230746/)

djcezile 04-15-2015 01:25 PM

Issues with build

Hey what's going on guys. I've been a member of this forum ever since I started modding my 2007 Scion tC about a year ago. I decided to go ahead and yank out my original motor at 140k miles and drop in a new one freshly built, with a fully built head as I was planning on using the trd supercharger with gompka's shaft, upgraded bearings, 14psi pulley from Nst and a front mount to keep everything as cool as possible without going methanol, as I really don't mind a 2-4psi drop across the intercooler. With everything completed and the car sitting pretty, I'm having issues getting any spark from cylinder 1 and 2, but I'm getting spark from 3 and 4. I swapped the coils and same thing, no avail. That seemed like a very odd problem to me since our ignition system share the same power and ground but different signal wires. At first I thought it was timing but once I double checked everything was fine. An ohms continuity test across the signal wires showed that there isn't an open. I even had a spare ecu lying around so I thought maybe during my build I crossed some wires and burned some ecu resistors, but that was not the case as even with another ecu, I'm having the same issue. I've even tried it with the Unichip piggyback and same results, no spark on 1 and 2, but spark on 3 and 4. And by the way, no codes stored in the system.
Has anyone ever come across this issue before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

criminaltc 04-16-2015 12:18 AM

1. There is something clogging your intake manifold & runners to cylinders 1 & 2, preventing the fuel from getting to those cylinders.
2. Something is wrong with the valve adjustments on cylinders 1 & 2.
3. Something is mechanically wrong with the cylinder head on cylinders 1 & 2.
4. If everything up to this point is fine...then the most obvious answer is that something was done incorrectly during the rebuild

djcezile 04-16-2015 02:18 AM

Everything you said has valid points. But mind you I'm saying I'm not getting any sparking those two cylinders. Even if I take out the coil and ground the sparkplug it doesn't spark, but it will spark On cylinder 3 and 4. I know its getting fuel because when I took the valve cover off to recheck timing I smelled the unburned fuel .

criminaltc 04-16-2015 02:39 AM

Wowza, I read that wayyyy wrong. Okay.. dang. Umm... It's gotta be your injectors in those cylinders. Have you tried moving those to 3 and 4? You definitely should. Otherwise, crank sensor and cam senor need replacing. Need to make sure they are good and in proper sync. After that, it's your fuel pump/fuel pressure.

djcezile 04-16-2015 03:20 AM

I'll check the injector suggestion. But wouldn't the sensors being bad throw some sort of code?

criminaltc 04-16-2015 03:29 AM

You would hope they would. Haha. But yes, they 99% would throw a code. Check injectors. I'm sure they're clogged or something.

cmcpride 04-19-2015 07:57 PM

I'm sorry but , I still don't think you understand the statement no spark. Injectors deliver fuel not spark.. I would think if you just finished rebuild and it started after assembly, , possible installed crank sprocket incorrectly. It's the a plate located on the your crank . There's a letter F stamped on it . That Letter SHOULD Be facing crank pulley

cmcpride 04-19-2015 08:03 PM

You need to remove timing cover in order to flip over and make sure letter F is facing crank pulley

cmcpride 04-19-2015 08:05 PM

But I'll make sure everything else is ok. Cause its a big job

VitaminE 04-19-2015 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by cmcpride (Post 4167493)
I'm sorry but , I still don't think you understand the statement no spark. Injectors deliver fuel not spark.

:rofl:

cmcpride 04-23-2015 06:46 PM

any update