Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Need Help Please!! (super long explanation)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

Default Need Help Please!! (super long explanation)

I've looked and never found a solid answer, and it seems the dealership doesn't know either. I have an 09 Scion, got it brand new in 2009, with like 4 miles on it. Never had an issue and regular maintenance....BUT...

So about 1 1/2 months ago, I went to go vacuum the inside of my car...As i got down to do under the mats, i noticed it was soaked. I always drink water and always had a bottle of 2 so i thought I may have spilled at some point. I swing around to the passenger, soaked as well. For ____s and giggles, I check the back seat area and under the mats were soaked as well, just not as much as the front. So at some point of discovering this...i thought to myself, "Hey, this ____ doesn't make any sense?" So the next day, I opened all my doors, the hatch...had it sitting in the sun for damn near the whole day...and it dried up. Something told me this had something to do with the AC, but I wasn't sure. About 2 days later (and using the AC)..i checked it again...soaked. I tried googling it but didn't really find anything but saw a couple things relating to the AC. I call the dealership, and explain to them my situation...set an appointment.....they charged me like 45 bucks because cleaning out the AC hose is considered a maintenance. And thats what they said was wrong...apparently there was a clog, and all the water thats suppose to come out under your car from using the AC, was going back into my car instead. So they said they "fixed the problem", i couldn't have been happier...i shop vac'd the ____ out of my car....made sure the carpets dried...made it look like the day i got it..got carpet cleaner,...the whole nine. After a couple days...i checked my carpets...Dry as a bone...a few more days go by...soaked again. I call the dealership and explain to them my situation and how I was just there the week before for the same issue and paid to get this fixed. They tell me to come in...they look at my car...guy comes and says, "We found a spiders nest in your AC hose...we cleared it out..your good to go." My first thought, "i ____ing HATE spiders." But i digress...it sounded weird to me....but whatever. And they did NOT charge me this time around.

So after a few weeks go by, i trusted the dealership and assumed they fixed the issue. But now, after i dried it and everything...it still gets damp every now and again. Im happy that its not as soaked as it use to get like it did in the beginning...i see the water dripping from under my car when the AC is on like it suppose too....but its still damp under the mats. I do not want to this to eventually start stinkin'...so i'm curious to know if anyone else experienced this. And I obviously just want to be dry like its suppose to. And something is telling me to stay the hell away from the dealership for this issue.....Sorry that this post is so long, i like to get as much details out in the beginning so you guys can see where Im coming from and be able to help a brother out. So anyone else experience this and can help me out?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

I've had the same problem. Every now and again i'll notice my car smells weird and the floor will be soaked! I thought it might of been rain water, but it happens even when its bright and sunny outside. I have no idea what the problem is.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It's most likely the condensation drain tube for the A/C. Pull back the carpeting under the glove box and you should see a tube. The tube should route somewhere in front of the passenger seat to a hole. Sometimes that tube gets plugged, or it could have come out of the hole.

I'd also check to make sure there isn't any damage to that hose. Might be time to replace it.