Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Pretty excited

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member

Default Pretty excited

Sup ya'll. Im new here.
Can't wait for the tC coming out. I like toyota's style of making a cheap nice looking car. I'm pretty stoked that my dad is the sales manger at Santa Maria Toyota, so i can get a killer deal on the tC.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome to the boards! Have you had a chance to see the tC in person yet? It's even better than the pictures!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member

Default na..

Nope not yet, but they might get one in earlier than June for a sneak peek to the costumers. So once it comes in I'll try to tape it and post it.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome
Old 01-25-2004, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i doubt you will get a discount on the scion because everyone i know that works at toyota can't get deals on them because of the pure pricing.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by ikonXone
i doubt you will get a discount on the scion because everyone i know that works at toyota can't get deals on them because of the pure pricing.
Damn, you sam, you stole my thunder...

Doc
Old 01-25-2004, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Hey, you may still have a chance on getting some kind of deal. I know i get the tC for somewhat of a deal. I'll get it for somewhere in between invoice and msrp. Helps when your dad works for corporate toyota...b.t.w. he got to drive the prototype...i hope i have his job someday.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member

Um, no i think your wrong man. I already got a price quote from them with my dad's discount for a scion xb, and xA. The price was knocked down by close to 800 to 1200 bucks. And on top of that, Toyota setup a new program for their costumer service for it to be improved, and the mangers get a brand new discount that is even better than invoice. So im looking for my new scion to be at a really low price.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vision
Um, no i think your wrong man. I already got a price quote from them with my dad's discount for a scion xb, and xA. The price was knocked down by close to 800 to 1200 bucks. And on top of that, Toyota setup a new program for their costumer service for it to be improved, and the mangers get a brand new discount that is even better than invoice. So im looking for my new scion to be at a really low price.
If you can get a discount, more power to you. You will be one of the lucky ones. But everyone else will pay invoice for these cars.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default that'd help

cool, lets see if you could be the first one to post what the actual price will be...
Old 01-25-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeh, im new too and am eagerly awaiting June. i am part of the T-TEN program (toyota's school for becoming a technician) so i work at a dealer. i'm hoping to get some kinda hook up on buying one. at least i will get parts cheap.

i'm very interested in these Knee Airbags the tC advertises. i'm tall and have wrecked a car before. my leg got jacked up for a while.

this board seems like good times.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm the Scion Manager for my dealership, and I didn't get a discount on my xB. The normal employee deal is $300 over invoice, and Scions at full sticker are already pretty close to that. I can't complain...pure pricing is fair enough for me.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DibujoB
I'm the Scion Manager for my dealership, and I didn't get a discount on my xB. The normal employee deal is $300 over invoice, and Scions at full sticker are already pretty close to that. I can't complain...pure pricing is fair enough for me.
my dad has been with toyota for over 20 years and even to this day no employees can get any discount on scion because of the pure pricing policy which is why i got a matrix instead of the xb. i got a xrs matrix for 18k (with a sunroof) instead of 21k while the scion was going to be about 15k.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member

Mmmm, I'm gonna have to call BS. And if your daddy really does work for Toyota corporate, you should be able to get us a price for the tC.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by SC Scion tC
Mmmm, I'm gonna have to call BS. And if your daddy really does work for Toyota corporate, you should be able to get us a price for the tC.
Who said corporate?

Doc
Old 01-26-2004, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Docsnuff
Who said corporate?

Doc
I swear I could have remembered seeing it mentioned in one of the posts above. Oh well.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

I swear I could have remembered seeing it mentioned in one of the posts above. Oh well.
That was how I felt when I looked in my wallet today,

"damn, I swear there was a million bucks in here yesterday. Honey have you seen my million bucks?"

Doc
Old 01-26-2004, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

:? My dad works for corporate, and he's trying to find out the price. No one knows yet exactly how much yet, and for the people who do know, they must be sworn to scilence or something. As soon as he finds out, i'll find out, and then i'll post it. Toyota is still telling their employees thats its "well under $20k"
Old 01-28-2004, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys i'm new here.......i'm also a member of the vvti.net forums and the newcelica.net forums......I heard about this car yesterday on the speed channel and i fell in love with it..i cant wait for it to come out......the only downside i can think of is the weight of the car but im sure ther'll be plenty of aftermarket support to overcome it...specially its low compression ratio compared to the gt-s engine which has given them problems with forced induction...........and the suspense is killing me, cant wait for the price and want to say hi to all!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

even with the pure pricing policy...they can still get u deal...like free spoiler, foglights

Quick Reply: Pretty excited