Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Remote Car Starter for tC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup, $250 for install and $300 for Matrix alarm is what I was charged.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

yup its a PITA to install it on manual.. They have to do extra work to get it working plus installing safety bypass
Old 02-21-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

found out that my insurance will discount price for having an alarm
Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blazeplacid
200 JUST for install sounds about right

500 with alarm is about resonable
oh ok i thought you meant total. its funny cuz they sell and install hornet at CC but yet the remotestart/alarm i found online by hornet that i liked they wouldn't install since they dont carry it and wouldnt have bought it there. that's what sucks is finding a place that will do just installs w/o buying their stuff.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by farberio
I doubt this 100% until you show me proof.
Okay, find someone with a remote start in their vehicle, get a copy of their key made WITHOUT the chip. Try to start the car... It won't start unless the module is being told to send the "chip" signal. With the xk05, it's even more complicated as it's duplicating the "chip" at another level, not just re-sending it. It is actually overriding the immobilizer through the data bus system. Again, if you can find a vehicle with this type of override, the same thing applies... try to start it without a chipped key, and you'll get the same result. Granted, there are ways to trick these units into overriding the immobilizer without remote starting, but it's more trouble than it's worth and you have to have quite a bit of time or be very familiar with that particular car's install... Even then, you'd still have the steering wheel lock to deal with. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by x219c
Originally Posted by farberio
I doubt this 100% until you show me proof.
Okay, find someone with a remote start in their vehicle, get a copy of their key made WITHOUT the chip. Try to start the car... It won't start unless the module is being told to send the "chip" signal. With the xk05, it's even more complicated as it's duplicating the "chip" at another level, not just re-sending it. It is actually overriding the immobilizer through the data bus system. Again, if you can find a vehicle with this type of override, the same thing applies... try to start it without a chipped key, and you'll get the same result. Granted, there are ways to trick these units into overriding the immobilizer without remote starting, but it's more trouble than it's worth and you have to have quite a bit of time or be very familiar with that particular car's install... Even then, you'd still have the steering wheel lock to deal with. Good luck.
Like I said, show me proof. Not tell me to do something.
Fact is...I MAKE IMMOBILIZER systems at work. I have no clue what your 'more complicated as its duplicating the "chip" at another level' even means. You just sound stupid. So got some real information from whoever make this xk05.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Here you go, straight from the manufacturer:

XK05 Programmable Immobilizer Data Override interface is preloaded with upgradeable firmware for late model Toyota/Lexus vehicles including Smart-Key Push-to-Start type ignition systems-'07 Camry. XK05 temporarily overrides the factory immobilizer when remote starting while maintaining the integrity of the manufacturer's anti-theft system. *Programmable firmwares available for Honda/Acura, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan/Infiniti & GM.
Features:

Xpresskit includes Free and unlimited access to updates and new firmware solutions as new vehicle platforms are released. Xpresskits are user programmable and upgradeable, making obsolete and excess inventory a thing of the past, plus you don’t have the expense of stocking as many parts.

Every XPRESSKIT is shipped preloaded with default firmware that provides the most comprehensive combination of valued features, functions and vehicle coverage. For this reason even if you do not have a computer you can still benefit from the best technology has to offer, right out of the box.

Tomorrows’ technology is just a click away, however still the most valuable reason for choosing XPRESSKIT are the PRELOADED features that provide right out of the box functionality. Local manufacturing allows each XPRESSKIT to be flashed with the absolute latest firmware just prior to shipping ensuring that you have compatibility with the latest vehicle releases.
XPRESSKIT interfaces the past, present and future whether you have a computer or not.

Preloaded with the latest firmware covering the most popular vehicles.
Pack full of the primary features and functions you need most.
Built in D2D port (data to data) for easy upgrades and programming.
Dual purpose D2D communication port also connects with D2D enabled remote start systems.
Upgradeable via PC / Internet / Handheld.
Enhanced security when using D2D secure single wire data override.
Wire to Wire compatible with any brand remote start & security system (W2W).
Compatible with manufacturer's Factory On Board anti-theft & content theft security system.
Secure data transfer maintains integrity of factory anti-theft & alarm system.
Compact, durable design is easy to mount and built for extreme weather.
NKR - No Key Required for operation means vehicle owner does not have to give up a key.
Simple, straight forward instructions and programming means time saving installs.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The engine immobilizer is just a 1st line defense anyway. The alarm itself will disable the engine unless it is disabled so it is a second line defense. Even if you have the key you can not take off with the car until you disable the alarm. All of this will take some time while the alarm is going off. I love the two way pager feature of my Viper even if someone was to pop the hood and disable the speaker I would still know something was going on as long as I was in range.

Nothing is 100% if someone wants your car they will get it. The new thing up here in WA is to hook it up to a vehicle and tow the car away.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by MoScion
Nothing is 100% if someone wants your car they will get it. The new thing up here in WA is to hook it up to a vehicle and tow the car away.
Thats new???? They have been doing that for a long time in NY. Plus putting it on blocks or rocks to take your wheels!!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much are XK05 units? I'm planning to get an alarm system with remote start soon but I don't really want to give up a key. Though I guess I could just have the valet key cut haha
Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

go to www.bypasskits.com and check it out.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

no prob
Old 03-03-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my xk05 for my 08 tc for around $50 shipped on ebay... not too hard to install either. You need to hook it up directly to the ecu.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

got mine installed and works good.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I HAVE MY CAR SET UP WITH A PYTHON 990 ALARM AND REMOTE START.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO DO A REMOTE START ON A STICK, HOWEVER IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. i'VE SEEN AND HEARD OF TOO MANY HORROR STORIES.

MINE CAR IS A STICK, AND I HAVE SET UP WHERE IT WILL NOT START UNLESS THE PARKING BREAK IS UP AND THE GEARS IN NUETRAL. ALL POSSIBLE BY USING A RELAY AND A MAGNETIC SWITCH.

I ACTUALLY HAD TO GIVE UP MY VALET KEY TO A UNIVERSAL TRANSPONDER (555UW BY DEI). THE NEW TRANSPONDER BY BYPASSKITS IS FOR REAL. I PLAN ON SWITCHING MINE OUT.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

shut the f up or stop typing in all caps.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Scikotics
Team ScioNRG

Wow, Farberio is kind of a D-Bag! Can't we all just get along???
Old 03-30-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got my remote starter for my manual from http://thesoundsource.us/ and i am MORE than happy with their work and how the system works.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChodeyTC
Wow, Farberio is kind of a D-Bag! Can't we all just get along???
No, we can't. If you type in all caps you are not following Internet forum etiquette and don't deserve to have access to it.

As far as asking for proof? There is a lot of disinformation spread about keyfobs and keys and frankly, without proof why do you even post? I shouldn't even have to ask for it. All you have to do is link to the site and I will read it myself.

Quick Reply: Remote Car Starter for tC?