Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Remote Car Starter for tC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:24 PM

I recently had AutoPage installed in my 05 Tc with the keyless bypass. My car randomly won't start even with the key. Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like there might be a loose wire somewhere. one thing to check to make sure is that the cables are securly connected to the battery as it may not have power if all wires are connected properly
Old 05-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by GQQSE13
sounds like there might be a loose wire somewhere. one thing to check to make sure is that the cables are securly connected to the battery as it may not have power if all wires are connected properly
Cool Thanks GQQSE! I did bring it back to the install place so hopefully they checked that.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 PM

Oh I did forget to add that the alarm and power are working fine the car just won't turn over.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm sounds like an ignition wire/s might be loose or maybe not getting enough power to kick it over
Old 05-13-2008, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I got this done through Circuit City
Old 05-14-2008, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the replies GQQSE. The shop was able to figure it out. It was the relay to the clutch. They put a new connector on the relay just in case and made sure it was snug. 1st time the shop had an issue w/ a Scion.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:05 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by farberio
Originally Posted by x219c
This isn't true. You don't lose your immobilizer. The devices only send the "chip" code to the ignition when it is remote started. It is not sent at any other time. Yes, it's true a theif could trick the unit into sending the code when it's not supposed to, but by the time they've found it, they could take the key and start your car... With the xk05, there's hardly any chance they'll figure out how to get by the immobilizer through that. It'd just be a mess of wires, then three that go to the vehicle for the bypass.
I doubt this 100% until you show me proof.
the transponder bypass is nothing more then a relay. granted, your car can be hot wired with a cut key, but someone would have to REALLY know alarms/hot wiring to hot wire the transponder bypass in.

im an installer...
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Default Just need clarification on remote start and keys

Hi newbie here. I've been searching all over the site but am confused by all of the different ideas and comments.
I just got an 06 TC with only 1 key (gray key with lock/unlock/panic) on it. There's no manual with the car, so I've been searching around the site for answers to my questions (ie tire pressure light) I just want to know if the xk05 will give me the ability to have a cheap hardware key work in the vehicle. Also can someone tell me how to do the remote start with my key (if I can do it), I'm trying to stay out of a dealer as I'm tapped after getting the car. (I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN CAR!!!) This is a great site and is a wealth of info. Just trying to get some clarification.
THX
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Hi newbie here. I've been searching all over the site but am confused by all of the different ideas and comments.
I just got an 06 TC with only 1 key (gray key with lock/unlock/panic) on it. There's no manual with the car, so I've been searching around the site for answers to my questions (ie tire pressure light) I just want to know if the xk05 will give me the ability to have a cheap hardware key work in the vehicle. Also can someone tell me how to do the remote start with my key (if I can do it), I'm trying to stay out of a dealer as I'm tapped after getting the car. (I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN CAR!!!) This is a great site and is a wealth of info. Just trying to get some clarification.
THX
Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 PM

THX
Old 06-17-2008, 05:29 PM

sorry about the multiple inputs. didn't seem like my question was going in.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome to SL! Why did the previous owner give you only 1 key? I'd be worried if the other keys fall into the wrong hands. Clearly now they can open and start your car and drive it. Or worse.
I believe you have to get a new set from the dealer w/ new/re-programmed chip inside. I haven't heard of a hardware key that work in our cars for that matter, unless you remove the immobilizer (risky).
As for remote start, you have to get an aftermarket alarm with that feature, and a bypass for the immobilizer. It will come w/ a separate remote. The stock key won't have that feature. Check out www.Directed.com.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:51 PM

thx for the input. It was a used car that a friend of m ine had bought at an auction. (had a dented front bumper and quarter) so I doubt (and hope) noone has the extra keys. Can I get the keys with the chip on ebay and have the dealer (ugh!) program it? Do you think it would be cheaper to just buy another one of the keys that have the unlock/lock/panic feature or buy a key with chip and a keyfob? bein broke sux, but I got a great car! Just need an extra key and door opener.
thx
Old 12-25-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

old topic sorry, but thought i'd clear a few things up....

What kind of IMMOBILIZER's do you make? do you make beer? that would immobilize things.......

you have no clue as to what you are talking about,.....

As far as the topic:

I used the ultra start u1271m and a dei 556u..... didn't feel the need for alarm if people want the stuff bad enough they can have it.... I will hunt them down and take it out on them,....

It's quite simple to install really,.... get the pinouts from a trusted source.
connect all wires and your set, This model protects from people from themselves which seems alot of people on here need since they don't inform themselves. You have to set the ebrake while the car is running, push a button, turn the car off get out lock the door and then push same button again, this lets the car know your out of it and its out of gear.

then and only then you can remote start it. All said and done for 80 bucks you can do a starter in a manual tc.

I cut my factory key fob off since the buttons are junk, and I don't want the fob and a remote, so I will go get a transponder key for a toyota, get it cut and attach my remote. then I will have a normal key and a remote not 2 remotes.

Originally Posted by farberio
Like I said, show me proof. Not tell me to do something.
Fact is...I MAKE IMMOBILIZER systems at work. I have no clue what your 'more complicated as its duplicating the "chip" at another level' even means. You just sound stupid. So got some real information from whoever make this xk05.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a viper remote paging alarm 5901 with digital tilt sensor for 480$ installed! now question is i dnt wanny carry my old remote key.. is it possible if i get this key and get the transponder programmed??? i know you can just double checkin! and how much you guys thnk to get the transponder programmed by a local locksmith coz i dnt wana get ripped by my stealership! hahaha

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-09...#ht_1209wt_939
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$70 for me to make you a key at the local hardware store. That's including the price of the key fob w/transponder chip and programming charge.

Hit up your local Ace hardware for more detials.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by scioncraze05
you don't need to leave the key in the car anymore, there is a module out there that does not need the key, its called the XK05 and all you do is program it with your key and thats it, no key left in the car or in a module.

Now a remote start can be done on a tC manual or auto, but you will need 3 extra relays on a manual and 2 extra relays on an auto. The extra relays are for the 2nd ignition wire and 2nd starter wire and the the 3rd for a manual only, is for the clutch bypass.

I would personally recommend a Compustar alarm/remote start system since they have a good rep. and also are legal to put on a manual transmission car.

If you have nay questions I can help, I installed mine myself.
So if I install it this way will I need the module (XK05) as well as a remote start, or does the module double as a remote start as well.