Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Replacement Part Availability

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default Replacement Part Availability

I hit a deer with my Tc last Tuesday. Major damage is to the hood, bumper, grill, and one headlight. Also radiator and support. The body shop that has my car is telling me that it is going to take weeks to get parts for it due to being a new car. This seems odd to me, as the Tc has been in the US since August and I can't be the only one to have an accident. I can understand them having to get inventory from Long Beach, but Japan seems like a stretch. Has anyone else had to replace any major parts? What was the turn around time? I plan to call a Toyota dealer tomorrow to get info, but thought I would aske here.

Thanks

Ross
Old 11-23-2004, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel you man -- just got my tC hit:

I've only found one dealer in my area that has a body shop onsite, they can't get me in until Dec. 6th, and said it'll be 2 weeks til the rear quarter panel comes in.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member

sorry to see that happen to your car!

i was wondering about the availability of replacement parts myself. i went today to toyota hoping they had some stabilizer bar links in stock or that they cross referenced to a toyota model. they didnt so i have to wait for them to order them. its gonna be a week or more b4 i get them. i hope they start stocking our parts soon so when we run into any unforeseeable problems we dont have to wait.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

took mine six weeks...the problem wasnt the fixing it was getting the parts in stock....hope its sooner for you.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tampa tC
took mine six weeks...the problem wasnt the fixing it was getting the parts in stock....hope its sooner for you.
what parts did you need?
Old 11-23-2004, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i needed two wheels/tires, front bumper, stuts, springs, steering column, and everything by or remotely near the front left wheel. Four thousand dollars worth of parts alone!
Old 11-23-2004, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tampa tC
i needed two wheels/tires, front bumper, stuts, springs, steering column, and everything by or remotely near the front left wheel. Four thousand dollars worth of parts alone!
Did you need the parts recently, or was this a few weeks/months ago? I hope and pray it is not 6 weeks, cause I am currently daily driving my FJ40 Land Cruiser instead of the Scion. Nothing like a long commute in the height of 1950s Toyota technology!
Old 11-23-2004, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ouch!

Old 11-23-2004, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude! i got in an accident and needed the exact same parts as you do!!!! EXACT same parts! i'd say it took about a month or so to get all the parts in, and then like 2 days for them to fix everything. god that month was hell for me! i was practically crying everyday!! lol
Old 11-23-2004, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Oh Deer

It is goingto take a LONG LONG time to get parts. Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Boom12V
Regional Sales Manager
Memphis Car Audio

Memphis Car Audio Dominates the 2004 IASCA/MECA combined World Finals, taking 55 trophies!
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would've gotten out of the car and beat that deer's head in with a shovel.

ok, probably not, but I'd be ____SED!! Hope everything is fixed till its 100%....
Old 11-24-2004, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Here is my accident:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...nwinter#314306

It was about $4,000 to get it fixed. It looks like your accident was a little bit worst than mine. But, if you want some good news, I have it. My parts only took a week to get in, and I live in Oklahoma. Granted, my dad owns the body shop that fixed it. I don't know if he called into any special favors or anything, but we ended up getting the parts quick. It didn't take but a couple of days to fix it as well. Trust me, I feel for ya.

Here is something that you might want to make sure that gets done correctly. Make sure that they check the frame and fix it. I'm sure if you know anything about cars, it is always very, very important to make sure the frame is straight. My greatest fear is that they might just end up not checking it for you. If, if they do check it, they will run into the same problem that my dad did. After putting the car up on the frame machine, the company that gives him the software with every car's frame specifications did not have a tC in there. So, my dad ended up calling the company, and got in touch with the guy who does all of the frame specifications. He personally then went out to the local dealer, borrowed a tC, and then sent the specifications to my dad after having to measure it all out.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my dealer told me 3 months for the back 2 little windows and they werent able to give me a price quote they got scratched when i took off some vynel for a car club i was in. if any one knows how to take scratches out of glass let me know i tried a glasses repair kit and that didnt work
Old 11-24-2004, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

damn I hit a dead dear in the road and got away with no damage
Old 11-25-2004, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i hate seeing smashed up TCs .... problem w/ havin accidents on a new are is that it will never be that new again ... lose some of the value .. that just really sucks .. info on availability would be nice tho ..
Old 11-25-2004, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to see that happen. animals can be pretty damn stupid.
like the squirels that stand beside the road eating thier nuts and just as your driving by try to cross the road before you. Never understood that! and dont even get me going on dogs!
Old 11-25-2004, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sigh, well this thread is disheartning... Someone pulled a hit and run on me in the mall parking lot, thing is, I park pretty far too. Minor damage though, just 2 distinct dents and 2 huge pressure dents in the front right fender.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Bummer

My wife drove my tc into a stoped F150 and it looked just like yours.

I had to wait 8 weeks for my car. At week seven the body shop hadn't recieved all the parts so I call Scion and complaigned and had the rest of the parts two days later.

After a few weeks I would call scion. They assigned someone to my "case" and he follwed up with me and the body shop on a daily basis till everything was done.

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member

I called Scion today, and was assigned a case number. Frankly I think it is rather rediculous that I have had to wait over three weeks now for parts to come in. I would have thought that a company like Toyota would have forthought to have an adequate number of spare parts for a new car roll out. Guess not.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by rustycruiser
I called Scion today, and was assigned a case number. Frankly I think it is rather rediculous that I have had to wait over three weeks now for parts to come in. I would have thought that a company like Toyota would have forthought to have an adequate number of spare parts for a new car roll out. Guess not.

In a perfect world, sure. As a new model, though, a smart company like Toyota wouldn't greatly overproduce parts until they knew that the model would succeed. Otherwise, the car would be more expensive from all the premature overhead. Then it still takes some time to up production -- it's not very easy to just open up another factory to make tCs or tC parts...

Quick Reply: Replacement Part Availability