Small problem just gets bigger and bigger

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Small problem just gets bigger and bigger

I am so tired of what is happing to my car.
I took it in for the rattles and the dealer held on to it for 1 month, they replaced the sunroof glass and did the tsb on the hatch struts. Worked great
Then I got the car back with 70 miles more on the odm.
Well now the car has:
1.1 gauged rim and tire,
2.The Passenger A pillar has a scratch from when they stored the body panels.
3.Then the made a scratch on my paint. I took it in and they buffed out the scratch, as well as burned my paint. So now I have a 1/2 inch white mark over the tire.
What do I do? They mentioned taking it to the body shop but won't that ruin the value of the car?
I am so frustrated
HELP!
I really liked this dealership too, but now I don't know. They told me the service manager will be in Monday and it is up to him what to do.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ohh god that sucks... sorry to hear.. now that really scares me to bring my car in for anything even the oil change lol... daym i wouldn't take it to a body shop and make them do everything to fix it.. did they at least give u a loaner tc to use while its at the shop?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

When it was at the shop for a month they did. They told me it was up to the service manager to fix the rest or not. He is a nice guy but this is a lot of money for them so who knows.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do NOT let them get away with that. Nice or not, they damaged your car! Your car should absolutely NOT be in worse shape when you get it than when you turned it over to them, that's complete b.s.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You still like this dealership??? WTH....
If they did that to my car, I might burn down their building....

I agree, don't let them walk away, ask them to fix everything or else!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude u crazy or just stupid? That dealership needs to fix all the **** they did to your car and then some. And who the hell keeps a car for 1 month to fix rattles?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by aoshi12345
Dude u crazy or just stupid? That dealership needs to fix all the **** they did to your car and then some. And who the hell keeps a car for 1 month to fix rattles?

Agreed , I would be up there on the guys desk like

Demanding it get everything they screwed up repaired with nothing out of your pocket. Don't take any of there BS, remeber it is there job to get you to spend money in there. I would not take no for an answer
Old 11-24-2005, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member

Man that sucks...i dont know what you can do since you drove it off the lot. they can turn around and say "i think you did all this, its not our fault".
Old 11-24-2005, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like the others, make them fix what they screwed up. I have found in the past that NOBODY, especially the dealers, can fix rattles. Maybe 1% of people in this forum have had the dealer fix their rattles. The strut TSB is a joke. Does nothing....

If the service manager won't fix, then go above him to get resolution. Even see if they will throw in a couple of free oil changes for having the car for a month AND causing the problems.

Good luck.

Kevin
Old 11-24-2005, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man thats exactly what i hate about dealerships. Nobody seems to care anymore if its not thier own property. I agree with you guys i would be in thier faces and yelling. ...i get a lil worked up in situations.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

my rattle is comming back - i am waiting till it gets worse till i even call them back up. its not rattling in the same spot but its back more (by the rear glass). This is covered under the basic warranty for 60k miles right?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
my rattle is comming back - i am waiting till it gets worse till i even call them back up. its not rattling in the same spot but its back more (by the rear glass). This is covered under the basic warranty for 60k miles right?
Have you ridden in the car with their tech person? If not, make them ride in back so they can hear the rattle. You could try driving with the hatch up. If the rattle goes away, it could be just a matter of wrapping some electrical tape (maybe 5-6 wraps) around the hatch latch (where the hatch latches onto the base bar).

Good luck.

Kevin
Old 11-24-2005, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you gotta fight with them.. good luck.. dont be shy
Old 11-24-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Im going to do that - ride w/ the hatch up - thats a good idea. That should tell me if the problem is in the back glass or not. I had a big problem in the past where they replaced the entire glass roof ....and they did a real good job. I just need to know if i wait on this.... is this still going to be covered or do they call creaks normal abuse (and wont fix it)? .... its deff not normal abuse cause my car is my second girlfriend and gets taken care of very well. ...anyway.... i love this car but the darn creaks - i hope this is something they are going to fix in the future cause thats a major downfall.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

.... its deff not normal abuse cause my car is my second girlfriend and gets taken care of very well.
Man you aren't the only one who feels that way LOL !!!

The Tc is my GF's car & the xB is mine. I think of both of them as my second & third GF's. Try what fearturtle44 said. If no luck go back to them & tell them to fix it.

PS: They are responsible for
1.1 gauged rim and tire,
3.Then the made a scratch on my paint. I took it in and they buffed out the scratch, as well as burned my paint. So now I have a 1/2 inch white mark over the tire.

I would still make them repair that stuff either way. Just my $0.02
Old 11-24-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I know how you feel, I went through almost the same thing. I kept taking mine in for the sunroof rattles. I finally took it back in for like the 8th time and when I got it back from that visit, I had grease spots all over the headliner, a scratch on the side of the radio console and the thing still rattled. All I can say to do is b!tch. I was HOT! They finally fixed the grease spots and the scratch and just recenty I totaled my car so I dont have to worry about the rattle either lol..I even called Scion Headquarters cause I was tired of the running around and going back and forth I kept doing. Good Luck!
Old 11-25-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

what did Scion Headquarters have to say?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

what did Scion Headquarters have to say?

They started out being really nice. She would call me like every 2 days to check on the progress and follow up with the dealerships cause I was taking it to 2 different places. Eventually, I guess they got tired of handling the problem and she just stopped calling me and seeing how things were, so I had to finish what was started on my own, as far as calling to tell them I needed the things fixed and seeing when I could come in and then seeing how long it was gonna take to get the pieces in and why it was taking forever. The one dealership order my headliner 3 times before they got it right. I finally told them that I wanted it fixed NOW and I want it done RIGHT! I was fed up by then, cause like I said Scion stopped calling and taking care of me the customer so I became the one in charge, which I guess is what you have to do these days if you want something done right.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Small problem just gets bigger and bigger

Originally Posted by speddlysmitt
I am so tired of what is happing to my car.
I took it in for the rattles and the dealer held on to it for 1 month, they replaced the sunroof glass and did the tsb on the hatch struts. Worked great
Then I got the car back with 70 miles more on the odm.
Well now the car has:
1.1 gauged rim and tire,
What do I do? They mentioned taking it to the body shop but won't that ruin the value of the car?
I am so frustrated
HELP!
I really liked this dealership too, but now I don't know. They told me the service manager will be in Monday and it is up to him what to do.
Call Scion Customer Service. I know I say that all the time, but they really are helpful, and they really do want to see your car repaired, and you happy.

Trust me on this. I had a dealership scratch and chip up the interior of my car so badly that a Factory Service Tech and Service Representative had to come out and authorize repairs at a different dealership.

My dealership installed about $800.00 of new parts in my tC. They did such a nice job replacing the parts that I have all my aftermarket installs done there.

I know how frustrating it is to have to deal with things like this, especially when it's someone else's mistake. Just call Customer Service, be persistant, and you WILL get your car fixed.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Small problem just gets bigger and bigger

Originally Posted by speddlysmitt
I'd also watch out for that kind of talk from a dealership. At the dealership which destroyed the interior of my car, I was told by both the service manager and 'quality assurance' service manager that they were the final authorities, and they would decide how and "if" my car would be repaired.

Liars.