Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

So is the HATCH RATTLE TSB something the dealer has to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SePaTc
UPDATE: I GOT RID OF THE LOUD HATCH RATTLE!!!! Well, kindof. I just took out the plastic trunk liner piece (with the handles) and Voila! 98% of the rattle(s) are gone. Now its just a question of how i get it back in without causing the rattle again.... and i broke at least one or two of the fastener clips in the process.

but honestly, i dont' even care if i have to keep the trim piece out, its worth its weight in gold for being able to drive without annoying rattles.
Hmm, that doesn't surprise me. I've had that piece taken out before and some of my rattles disappeared. It just looks like shít without the hatch liner, so I dunno what to do. It would be nice to know exactly where the sound is coming from.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
^^^^^^
Oh wait so you still have the tC???? Was the settlement then only regarding clutch repairs and getting reimbursed for that???? I thought at first that you meant that Toyota bought back your tC....
yeah, no i still have the car. i don't think toyota wanted it back, based on the issues i have with it.

yeah, the settlement was pretty much only regarding the clutch issues, how much its going to cost to replace the clutch, etc... depreciated value of the car, wasted time off work, etc...

Ohhh ok, I get it now-- Thanks for the clarification
hey, u mind if i ask how u got all those cars being only 22???? specially since one is a new lexus....
Old 12-03-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^
Oh wait so you still have the tC???? Was the settlement then only regarding clutch repairs and getting reimbursed for that???? I thought at first that you meant that Toyota bought back your tC....
yeah, no i still have the car. i don't think toyota wanted it back, based on the issues i have with it.

yeah, the settlement was pretty much only regarding the clutch issues, how much its going to cost to replace the clutch, etc... depreciated value of the car, wasted time off work, etc...

hey, u mind if i ask how u got all those cars being only 22???? specially since one is a new lexus....

Sure thing- I work for the company that makes them =) Toyota, well actually I work for Scion at TMS (Toyota Motor Sales, USA- in Torrance, CA)- being an employee at the corporate level, its very easy to get Toyota/Lexus and Scion vehicles Without working for Scion, I'd have a stock tC and my integra project car.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^

Sure thing- I work for the company that makes them =) Toyota, well actually I work for Scion at TMS (Toyota Motor Sales, USA- in Torrance, CA)- being an employee at the corporate level, its very easy to get Toyota/Lexus and Scion vehicles Without working for Scion, I'd have a stock tC and my integra project car.
so....you're 22 and work for TMS CORPORATE??? that doesn't sound right.... you mean, you answer phones for some kind of corporate exec??? because, i'm not sure when Toyota Motor Sales, a million dollar business, started hiring 22 year old corporate executives...... but anywhoo.

So, you work for Scion, so they give you a brand new lexus...... again, this isn't really making a whole lot of sense. please forgive my skepticism.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Hey you don't have to believe me, but I have the business cards to back up what I say-

as for being 22 and working for corporate, its very possible- Straight out of high school I went to USC (University of Southern California), finished in 4 years and graduated by 21- I turned 22 Nov 8- I started INTERNING at Toyota Motor Sales my JUNIOR year in COLLEGE, once I graduated this past May, I got hired on full time and landed my position in Scion- I don't answer phones for any execs- I work in the Customer Service department and I make decisions on behalf of Scion everyday-

I wasn't GIVEN a Lexus, or a tC, I PAY for them, let's just say at very nice employee discounts- my mommy and daddy do not work for Toyota, I got in on my own hard work and effort- Check Toyota.com and look under job postings- you'll find COLLEGE RECRUITING- thats how I got in. You can be skeptical all you want, but when it comes down to it, I have the badge, the business cards, the phone number, the email address and everything else to back up what I say-

Try me. jennifer_alvarado@scion.com?

yep, it works. and you won't be able to register for an email like that at scion.com or by googling for it; You have to work for the company to get that email.

I rest my case.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Hey you don't have to believe me, but I have the business cards to back up what I say-

as for being 22 and working for corporate, its very possible- Straight out of high school I went to USC (University of Southern California), finished in 4 years and graduated by 21- I turned 22 Nov 8- I started INTERNING at Toyota Motor Sales my JUNIOR year in COLLEGE, once I graduated this past May, I got hired on full time and landed my position in Scion- I don't answer phones for any execs- I work in the Customer Service department and I make decisions on behalf of Scion everyday-

I wasn't GIVEN a Lexus, or a tC, I PAY for them, let's just say at very nice employee discounts- my mommy and daddy do not work for Toyota, I got in on my own hard work and effort- Check Toyota.com and look under job postings- you'll find COLLEGE RECRUITING- thats how I got in. You can be skeptical all you want, but when it comes down to it, I have the badge, the business cards, the phone number, the email address and everything else to back up what I say-

Try me. jennifer_alvarado@scion.com?

yep, it works. and you won't be able to register for an email like that at scion.com or by googling for it; You have to work for the company to get that email.

I rest my case.
okay. i believe u. congrats. now maybe you can help me with my customer service issues.....?

1. My clutch makes about 10 different noises and feels sloppy as heck.
2. My hatch/trunk rattles constantly, so loud that i hear it above my stereo at a decent volume.

See, really only 2 things. But so far, no one in your company has been able to accomplish anything. lets see if you deserve your job, or just have it because you happen to live near the HQ.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha well, its not because I live next to hq, i live about 30miles from it actually-

When you pursued legal action did you call Scion?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha well, its not because I live next to hq, i live about 30miles from it actually-

When you pursued legal action did you call Scion?
YUP.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Were you issued a Case number?