2005-2010 [ANT10]

Soon to be tC owner!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Soon to be tC owner!

Hi guys,

Just another boring introduction, don't waste too much time reading this...

Just wanted to drop by and say "Thank you" for such a great forum. I've learned a lot from here and this board was one of the deciding factors for my tC purchase. I've never seen such a popular car on an initial release. I've seen a lot of people on this board waiting for their cars! I live in Iowa and my local dealership is having the same issues, such a popular car, they have 18 coming in the end of this week and 14 are already spoken for!

I used to be a Saturn fan, I've had four Saturns total, a 91 SL, a 97 SL2, a 2002 L300, and my wife currently has a 2003 Ion 3. Needless to say Saturn is no longer a "different kind of car." It's been in the dealership more times than I can count and it's still having issues (with only 33,000 miles on it.) My wife's car is a little better but has still had it's fair share of problems.

So, that being one reason for my purchase, the other reason is I miss my coupes. I had a 97 Trans Am that I absolutely loved but had to sell in order to buy a house. At the time I also had the L300. I'm hoping the tC will be a good mix of both -- sporty, yet practical. After test driving the tC I knew I wanted it, especially with all the options and styling for such a low priced car. I also don't fit too well in a "luxury" car, I hate leather, no one watched DVD's in my back seat, and I'm not 50, I'm 25. Don't ask why I bought the L300, I still don't know.

So, to the point: I put down a deposit today at the Toyota dealership for a Flint Mica tC (AT.) With all the money I'm saving from selling the Saturn, I'll have plenty of money for some nice performance options as well. Now, the wait begins.. hopefully I'll have it here in the next month or so. I'm really looking forward to the Toyota reliability and the Scion personality.

Anyway, I look forward to contributing to the board, thanks for listening to my ramblings!

--Nick
Old 09-28-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on your TC