Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

suckered into getting extended warrenty. . raise your hands.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default suckered into getting extended warrenty. . raise your hands.

my hands are raised. thank my freaken sister for saying yeah go get it ...

i hate how dealers play with your mind n make you get things you wish u dint in the end .. after the hours of waiting and hunger n anxiousness your mind wonders a bit... what even more amazing is that when i calculated how much everything costs.. i seee an extra 1300 added.. n i talked to my finance manager and he said he conviniently doenst have my file on hand and we will discuss it when i pick up the car .. hudson toyota... kiss my @....
Old 07-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Nope not here...someone with ***** walks.....because you can get a 100K warranty for half of what dealers charge....
Old 07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am wondering if it is not too late to back out of the warranty. Will let someone else post a comment. But since it is so recent, you might be able to change your mind and get it back.

Others have posted on the warranties and for me, I opted to NOT get as majority of the "experts" say to NOT buy. But if you do buy you really need to check on some items which is discussed in detail at Edmunds.com.

Good luck..... and you made a wise decision at least on the tC purchase.

Kevin
Old 07-23-2004, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn dude.. did you read any of these forums about the warranties, fees, etc on this site?

Eh.. don't worry.. maybe you'll blow your engine and make them pay. :D
Old 07-23-2004, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope. I got nothing I didn't want. In fact, I got only the car and floor mats (oh, and the wheel locks that happened to be on the car but they didn't charge me for.) And on top of taxes and tags, the only fee from the dealer was their $98 doc fee, which is pretty normal around here, and much less than some places.

I declined all the extra insurance, warranties and everything else they offered.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't "suckered" into getting an extended warranty. I made a conscious decision to get it for the peace of mind. Although it's a Toyota, I was worried that things might break prematurely seeing as it's a new car brand. It was worth it to me.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rounder
I wasn't "suckered" into getting an extended warranty. I made a conscious decision to get it for the peace of mind. Although it's a Toyota, I was worried that things might break prematurely seeing as it's a new car brand. It was worth it to me.
Same here, I actually decided to get it. The extra $800 doesn't seem that much when you have peace of mind. Considering that I already used the factory warranty within the first week of having the car (sunroof)...I don't think it was a bad idea.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whatever they offered, i said "NO!"...i felt very powerful...the sales guy was good tho :D
Old 07-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoohay
Whatever they offered, i said "NO!"...i felt very powerful...the sales guy was good tho :D

Congrats your not a sucker....a better warranty is sooooo much cheaper....Toyota suckers!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Cybergypsy
Congrats your not a sucker....a better warranty is sooooo much cheaper....Toyota suckers!!!!!!
Where do we get this other warranty?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TokyoRaver

Yeah... I know I've heard this and that about getting an "aftermarket" warranty, but who does one go to for such a thing? I think I heard that the same people that finance (credit unions, etc.) might do that. But are there downsides? I assume you'd have to pay for repairs and then get reimbursed, things like that. I've never had a new car, but I'm going to get a tC soon and I'd appreciate your advice. I've learned a whole lot through this forum. I like it when the dealer starts talking bull____ right away and I can see it coming.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doc fee in the good ol midwest is $548 .
Old 07-23-2004, 10:04 PM
S3X
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can't you not cancel that warranty??? its ony a few days so I guess you can do that....
Old 07-23-2004, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Yes you can cancel a warranty... and if you change your mind again you can purchase an extended warranty after the fact as long as the vehicle is still within it's 3/36
Old 07-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by iowagary
Originally Posted by TokyoRaver

Yeah... I know I've heard this and that about getting an "aftermarket" warranty, but who does one go to for such a thing? I think I heard that the same people that finance (credit unions, etc.) might do that. But are there downsides? I assume you'd have to pay for repairs and then get reimbursed, things like that. I've never had a new car, but I'm going to get a tC soon and I'd appreciate your advice. I've learned a whole lot through this forum. I like it when the dealer starts talking bull____ right away and I can see it coming.
you take it to a toyota dealer, they call the dealer and you leave...you don't have to pay a dime.....and less the 50% of the cost...i saved lots of cash on my vette that way...
Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

American warranty is a good one...but there are others they always have be upfront to me
Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The powertrain warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles which is good enough for me.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Dealers can offer their own aftermarket warranties. They are badass. When I bought my 2000 Civic SI from a dealer, it has 80K miles on it. It was equipped with a DC 4-1 header, AEM cold-air intake, Skunk2 intake manifold, and they were still willing to warranty it as it was. They sold me an aftermarket powertrain warranty that was 6 years/100,000 miles. After reading the fine print, it was able to verify that was from the time that I bought the car. So, I had the powertrain warrantied up to 180K. It was awesome. The bad part was the car got stolen and stripped three months later...
Old 07-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Sin
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never let the dealer Tea bag my nutz; they will almost do anything to get me to buy that dumbass warranty!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait .. so i can still cancel the warrenty ? .. although that 6 years sounds good considering "potential" problems with the roof .. but the fact was i got suckered (*head down in shame*) .. now i know (never go to HUDSON TOYOTA)

Quick Reply: suckered into getting extended warrenty. . raise your hands.