Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:37 PM

Default Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???

Hey everyone. I'm seeking some advice on my wife's 2006 tC with 123K miles.
Back in February she slid on some ice while driving through a sloped parking lot and hit a little block wall at ~5-10mph. The impact was just enough to bust the bumper and push the left, front wheel back a couple of inches. The car still drives but, the steering rack rubs on an endlink and makes an awful racket. I had intended on replacing the lower control arm for a little bit of nothing and I assume the car would be good as new. At least I believe that's all that's wrong...see pictures below. The next weekend we got her a new car (it was already in the plans) so the tC has just been sitting collecting dust.
Race season has started back up for me so I really don't have the time to fool with it and I can't see paying someone to fix a car that isn't worth much. The car has a rebuilt Florida title and has been a solid runner for us for years. Just took a trip to Florida last summer and North Carolina for our honeymoon in January. Any suggestions on what to do with it?
I would prefer to sell it for $2K and let someone else fix it. Should be an easy fix and give someone a solid car; I just don't have the time or motivation to mess with it. May just post it up here and see if there are any bites. Any thoughts???
Attached Thumbnails Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-1.jpeg   Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-2.jpeg   Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-3.jpeg   Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-4.jpeg   Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-5.jpeg  

Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-6.jpeg   Suggestions on 2006 tC? Sell???-scion-7.jpeg  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:16 AM

Hm, is it black? Send me your spoiler before you sell it =[
Old 05-19-2016, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you sell it for very cheap, I can see people being interested