Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   tc 2nd moonroof open? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/tc-2nd-moonroof-open-11034/)

Pisan 10-08-2004 11:13 PM

tc 2nd moonroof open?

I just got my tc and was wondering if the 2nd moonroof opened fully or just opened as a vent. Im too lazy to check myself or read the manual and Im having too much fun driving it

ChefRaekwon 10-08-2004 11:25 PM

The second moonroof does not open what so ever. Its just there for backseat people to look out of.

LucidBD 10-09-2004 12:29 AM

do i sence a bit of sarcasim?

chucksu 10-09-2004 01:07 AM

I dont think much. The rear does not look like it will open.

Pisan 10-09-2004 02:37 AM

idk i was just driving around today and glanced and noticed there was tracks on the 2nd moonroof. i'm going to tinker with it a little later

chris0 10-09-2004 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pisan
idk i was just driving around today and glanced and noticed there was tracks on the 2nd moonroof. i'm going to tinker with it a little later

dude, tinker all you want but it ain't gonna open.

Rivulent 10-09-2004 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by chris0

it just might.. with a hammer :wink:

k_splay 10-09-2004 05:54 AM

take a sec to imagine if it did open completely in a hypethetical worst case scenario...

I can't believe I'm out here cruising with three hot chicks in my new tC! OH, and you know they loved it when I opened up that second moonroof! -- uhoh, what's this? the tire pressure warning is flashing.. dammit, why now!? okok, no prob, I'll have this flat changed in no time.. crap, now I'll be driving with that f*ckin yellow retard wheel.. oh well, we'll still be moving.. better pop this hatch and get busy changin that flat... *click..*POW!* WTF???

j/k.. but seriously... unless you could make the glass slide forward, or just pop open (which might be doable) it would just spell disaster for some body.

-K

Shadow_tC 10-09-2004 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rivulent

Originally Posted by chris0

it just might.. with a hammer :wink:

Or if you screw with it enough it might open (break)...but getting it to close again is gonna be another story!

Be sure to post pics of it when you open it. :lol:

- Desi

komik 10-09-2004 07:16 AM

idk i was just driving around today and glanced and noticed there was tracks on the 2nd moonroof.

Well you are right about that. There are tracks on the second moon roof, the sunshade slides on them.

eeyoredragon 10-09-2004 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by k_splay
take a sec to imagine if it did open completely ...

And that pretty much answers the question. Where exactly would it be going if it opened? Forward? Into the .... front roof? Back into.... open air? Or over the back window?

chris0 10-09-2004 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Blue tC
Be sure to post pics of it when you open it. :lol:

- Desi

lol

LucidBD 10-09-2004 12:45 PM

i thought it did open up...kinda like the pontiac g6's roof does

Milhamscion 10-09-2004 01:50 PM

The rear glass is just a skylight.

JasonH 10-09-2004 02:57 PM

The big roof on the Mini doesn't have an opening rear section either.

Cybergypsy 10-09-2004 03:36 PM

Why are TC owners never happy?

Kaeon 10-09-2004 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kaeon
1. Put on steeltoe's
2. Put foot threw window
3. Clean up glass on the floor
4. Enjoy your new sunroof!

Via
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...hlight=sunroof