Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/)
-   -   Thread of tC FAIL! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-owners-lounge-1605/thread-tc-fail-169680/)

Checho 08-20-2009 05:19 PM

Thread of tC FAIL!

Lol Through a conversation on my picture thread I realized my car has FAILED quite a bit. So I thought, why not start a thread where people can share their fails.

If you have pics throw those up too!

List of my FAIL:

-2 Blown Superchargers

-My F&F V2 Coils weren't made properly so Pete had to notch the front 2 to fit

-Wilwood sent the wrong brake pads for my kit so I had to re-order them

-My car had a bunch of shattered glass when i took out my back row.

-Turns out my car's door was blue (found out when I switched out my door panels)

-Got a hit and run at work *the douche didn't even leave any contact info

-Had a flat that fcked up my time attack stripe on my Raderwerks.

-My brackets for my Recaro's came bent, so they had to be hammered into a position where they would fit with stock placement.

-When I got my gauges and HVAC done, the kid that helped me blew up my LCD screen, which I still haven't replaced.

-I've had the Gauge Pillar warp 3 times *before buying the Autometer one which has held up

-Had 2 loose control arms in the past year

-Currently have a blown Catalytic Converter

Firefightin_tC 08-20-2009 06:12 PM

Damn.

CarbonXe 08-20-2009 06:18 PM

My list of fail:
Hydrolocked 05 motor
Bought another tC

TCpete 08-20-2009 06:21 PM

lulz ill join....

1 exploded competition stage 4 clutch (im NA?!?) (2 clutch swaps in less then year fuuu)
1 fried maf sensor on fire!
2 different blocks 1 exploding on the palmetto expressway racing a Z
2 different heads
1 leaking tranny with busted oring seal on 1st clutch swap
1 busted fender (replaced)
1 cracked mmw spipe
1 cracked aftermarket exhuast
1 cracked BBS LM face (replaced with new one chea for free)
2 accidents both not my fault
2 hammer rigged seat bracket fixes
1 broken stock axle (racing with slicks)
1 broken side mirror (school bus drive by it was close!)
2 warped rotors with only 2k miles on the car
1 broken slave cyclinder @ 4k miles
1 rear 1/4 panel dent from a fat ___ fgt at a hang out who leaned on my car to hard

thats all i can think of for now lmao

mdaaboul313 08-20-2009 06:23 PM

wow thats alot...
sparked a wire and blew all the electrical in my car... dont know how it got fixed but i gave it to my girlfriends dad whos the service manager for nissan and he took it and got it fixed :)

rosedaleny806 08-20-2009 06:38 PM

damn lol hm idk where to start (not like I have many)

1. left car parked in gear on a cold day bc I didn't want my emergency brake to stay frozen in place (I'm an idiot) which led to me turning on my car and letting go of the clutch to be swiftly stopped by the back of a jeep grand cherokee with a tow hook (nothing happened to the jeep) but my car had a dented up hood that wouldn't close right, cracked dr I panel, cracked bumper and grill.

2. Parting out to trade in car, had everything sold and was suppose to go on saturday to trade it in and the thursday before I was suppose to trade it in a a-hole cut me off in the rain on a turn and my car spun out, did a 180 and hit the front driver side and then catapulted the rear end to the wall aswell. needless to say I couldn't trade the car in lol $7k worth of damage and had to basically start over with the car since I couldn't trade it in now :doh:

3. side swiped mirrors L & R.

4. New mirrors Had covers stolen (wtf!)

5. numerous Bald tires

6. Intake bracket, metal thing that holds it up? cracked bc my buddy forgot to install that rubber cushion for shock and stuff.

7. cracked windshield

8. after car getting fixed a week later it was minty and I go to a walmart and park FARRR away and when I come back I see a walmart cart laying on my driver side door, where there is now a dent.

9. numerous bullet belt/stud belt marks from when my friends and me were dirty punks lol.

10. Interior painting gone horrribly wrong twice.

thats all I can remember :doh:

Checho 08-20-2009 07:19 PM

Damn Rosedale!!! I thought i had it bad ?!?!

rosedaleny806 08-20-2009 07:22 PM

yeah ive had it pretty bad lol those accidents are the worst, me and my fiance have the worst luck lol

Jon 08-20-2009 07:25 PM

1) Water pump

:)

203superwhitetC 08-20-2009 07:45 PM

Blown H&R Coilover after 3 months of ownership
Dent in driver side quarter panel
HUGE scuff mark in paint on rear bumper (passenger side)

NYNCTC 08-20-2009 07:45 PM

2 chips in my windshield at the moment

but *knocks on wood* nothing major.

Checho 08-20-2009 08:14 PM

Lol sounds like you and Jon got it good for now :P

rangerryda 08-20-2009 08:41 PM

Ever leave your hatch open and close the garage? That results in a nice scratch on the hatch... I hate myself

kuo34 08-20-2009 08:48 PM

Let's take a trip down memory lane -

Bolt threads sheared off into header from overtorquing to fit a bent Megan s-pipe to it
boot on front shock twisted and torn during spring installation
steering rack bolts loose from improper reinstall from front sway bar install
upper rear sway bar bracket bolt improperly installed (not cross threaded, just not torqued down)
passenger front brake line not secured to bracket on shock
MAF sensor left unplugged after cleaning (why's it throwing a CEL!?)
after installing lowering springs, jack didn't have enough clearance to come off of the car
dropped a nut into the big hole under the shifter cage during bushing/short shifter install
reusing the manifold gasket on a header install (and then manifold reinstall and subsequent header reinstall)
forgetting the metal gasket on the drain plug of the transmission after changing fluids
dropping one of the upper mount nuts of the front shock into the engine bay and unable to find it for 3 days

That's all I can recall at the moment. I'm sure there's more back there. Funny because I was thinking of starting a thread like this. It's therapeutic.

Checho 08-20-2009 08:48 PM

ohhh lmao having technical issues is bad enough, but when something like that happens I just want to kick myself!

Checho 08-20-2009 09:07 PM

LMAO how could I forget! When I bought my falkens 912's they sent me a 3 912's and a Kumho Ecsta...WTF!?!?

o8tC 08-20-2009 09:22 PM

damn...some of you have had it bad.

here's mine...

1. ALL windows broken including sunroof few months after i got the car.

2. Got the car back from the shop after being fixed and all windows put on, then the windows werent on correctly, they would come out of the door towards the outside of the car. they wouldn't go up or down sometimes. i had to take the car back twice.

3. Two rock chips on my windshield.

4. Finding shattered glass inside the trunk after it had been repaired months back.

5. nail that went from the bottom of the tire in diagonal and almost went through the rim.

6. HVAC LCD broken when doing LED swap

7. Dropped a bulb inside the headlight. took forever to get out. i'm talking months but then again i was lazy to take it out. lol

8. I have bought at least 3-4 pairs of bulbs for my fogs because they burn all the time. now they're sealed though.

9. Driver side HID turns off from time to time because a fuse is lose and not touching with the wire. no matter how many times i fix it. it always happens a few months/weeks later.

holy poop...after writing mine down. its been quite 2 years with the car.

youngflyer 08-20-2009 09:23 PM

i might top the chart

1. Hit a HUGE pothole and bent two rims

2. first day on new job someone hits my car and doesnt leave info...insurance paid and i got a kaminari kit

3. was delivering pizzas and i accidentally clipped a curb in a neighbor hood and ripped the kami bumper off

4. drive to NY to pick up the bumper, pay to get it painted, and it didnt fit at all

5. Same guy who painted the bumper painted my dash two-tones of nautical blue lol

6. Was teaching someone to drive stick so they could buy my car and that night someone ran a red light and t-bonned me

7. car was in the shop and needed new wheels so i had to buy a set of volks, little did i know the volks needed special lugs and i had to again pay outta pocket for em

8. car was in the shop for 2.5 months and got it back on a monday after 6500 in damage

9. Saturday of the same week, three of my studs sheered off and i had to get the car towed

10. I just brought the car back to the body shop to get the alignment wet sand and buff done and after the car has been there for a week, they find out my car has a bent subframe and the car might now be totaled!

11. my hids went out after a month

12. sunroof almost never closes

Checho 08-20-2009 09:31 PM

lmao WTF!?! ^

NYNCTC 08-20-2009 09:35 PM

seriously, what the efffff.