Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Unable to Close Sunroof...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 PM

Default Unable to Close Sunroof...

Hi, my name is Nathan and I am New to the Forums. I joined up because I might need some technical help. But wanted to intro myself.

I have a First Gen 2007 tC with literally 5,600K on the ODO that is Full Show. There literally is nothing not modified on my car, Excluding the Engine. lol

My Sunroof in my tC is no shutting anymore. It will move about an inch then start to grind then stop. I can go backwards to full open but I can't close it.
This is on an 07 tC that is Full Show so taking it to a dealership it out of the question.

Wanted to know if anyone knew how to remove it so I can just replace it?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-26-2019 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Created Thread for New Member in Correct Forum
Old 03-21-2018, 12:11 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

I do not know if anyone here has a solution for you as far as experience in 'How to Replace your Sunroof'
Outside of a Dealership or a Automotive Repair Shop.

Your Best Bet is to try a

Sticky How To Advanced Search on Scion Life

If you haven't already, try Google, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit...

Last edited by MR_LUV; 03-21-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:39 PM

Nathan, I believe in another post you mention having to disconnect the battery for your car on a regular basis. If this is correct, you might be having issues with the window calibration. Any time the battery is disconnected the car has to be retaught how to open and close the sunroof, and the driver/passenger window. I believe if you disconnect your battery for about 5 minutes, and then close the sunroof and hold the close button down for 5 seconds after the roof has closed. Hopefully that fixes the issue. Good luck!

-Drew
Old 04-20-2018, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by immacbignate
Hi, my name is Nathan and I am New to the Forums. I joined up because I might need some technical help. But wanted to intro myself.

I have a First Gen 2007 tC with literally 5,600K on the ODO that is Full Show. There literally is nothing not modified on my car, Excluding the Engine. lol

My Sunroof in my tC is no shutting anymore. It will move about an inch then start to grind then stop. I can go backwards to full open but I can't close it.
This is on an 07 tC that is Full Show so taking it to a dealership it out of the question.

Wanted to know if anyone knew how to remove it so I can just replace it?
Nathan most likely the sliding mechanism, that pops up the wind deflector, needs to be re-lubricated as this is what causes it to bind and stop sliding forward. Until you can re-lubricate it, for the mean time. When closing the sunroof, with your hand through the opening. Manually pull down the wind deflector that pops up while at the same time closing the sunroof. This will bring down the side hinges/brackets that pop up the wind deflector and allow the sunroof to slide smoothly forward without obstruction. Be ready to remove your hand so that you don't hurt yourself and pinch it when its almost closed.