Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

What is up with TC drivers.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I usually just nod to people in tC's. Sometimes people will be looking at my car since I have the body kit and exhaust, and other times no one pays attention, which of course is fine. But if someone is looking I will acknowledge them, just like I acknowledge people driving Scions that are modified that I like. I saw a sick ___ xA the other day, so I gave him that look like "hell ya, your ____ is dope!".
Old 06-07-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Hey Six3..........spent some time last year in your town of Baton Rouge, neat place, nice people!
layed back party place here... we're just a drinking town with a football problem.

GEAUX TIGERS!
Old 06-07-2005, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i have noticed, that a lot of the tC owners i see have the tC, for the sake of having a car, not too many a real scion enthusiasts, its becoming like a celica now, but most of the xA and xB owners honk or wave.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by metalranger33
Originally Posted by Setarcos4131
tru tru...well it seems that most of you guys/gals have it good wherever u are. the ONLY person in another tC that waved to me was when she was pulling her FMtC outta a parking spot at Outback and as i pulled up to take her spot (oddly enough), she waved to me and said "nice car" and blew me a kiss...thank God she was hot too. lol...well thats my experience....I'm trying to get my originality out ther with customizing it but all i got right now is the silverstars and short shifter when it gets delivered.
this is exactly why tc drivers are frowned at...look at this guys post here, which may be true, but also be a bunch of BS. The point is that most of the people that drive tcs are a bunch of horny Teenage boys thinking they have the baddest 16K that can outpower viders, and C6 vettes...or you can just call them ricers, and sadly a lot of them are on this board, but still...us older more mature people have to make up for these guys...i dont want my car to become the next honduhh civic...whos with me...
wow...i dont even want to start with this...I didn't even know the girl let alone im far from a horny teenage boy...im prolly more mature than most adults on this board to begin with...and hell yea i do think I do have the baddest car out there for 16 K <<<<yes this is exactly tru..100%..i'd rather have it over a civic anyday...and sure..if you say so...i think i can beat a viper anyday outta the week?.....Get ur "I'm mature and overpowering more reasonable' head outta ur a$$...u don't know me..u prolly will never know me..and thats ok..because if ur as ignorant as you seem..i wouldn't wanna be friends with you anyways.....on a side note..the whole reason why i posted wasn't to emphasize that a girl blew a kiss..yeah thats great...but i posted that because that was the ONLY tC person ever to say hello......and at the end of ur post u ask everyone who's with you..i would hope not many because your post was completely an irrelevant to my main idea...it may pertain to other horny teenage males...but..not this one buddy.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by barefootbilly
Originally Posted by NycMiner
Originally Posted by jasonbegin
near work today some dude, 25-ish, waved to me as if I knew him. I don't know you, don't act like you know me.
your from NY to right? lol
So, I'm driving around in the bronx one time, (on broadway) and I see this other black tC in my rearview. he decides that me doing 40 in a 30 is too slow for him, so he revvs up real high and passes me. i see this huge muscular guy with a really low yankee cap on, you know. i want to give him a wave, but he just gives me a dirty look. i think it was probably billy here.
lol, i'm in so cal, maybe a distant cousin.

and I still don't understand the idea behind waving to someone I don't know. I may go sit on my porch and try waving to people as they walk by. Better yet, I think I'll sit in my car, and honk as people go by then wave to them while they go on thinking "do i know him?" So they drive the same car. In so cal, that could mean a wide range of people for the tc, and even moreso with the xb. So many scion's around here the novelty is wearing off. If I take my mom's sable to work, should I wave at the old people I don't know driving the same car? how about when i drive my brother's late 80's mr2, should I wave to all the others I see driving that car too? When I had my civic did I wave to everyone driving one of those? no. You know how many people that would be?! Did anyone else driving a civic wave to me? no, not unless I knew them personally which was a handful of people. It's not a concept I understand, maybe for bikers, but I'm driving a car as well as million other people on so cal's freeways, heck why not wave to them all for no reason!
You are either a kid with no friends or a prude adult... Make that rude.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tru tru...well it seems that most of you guys/gals have it good wherever u are. the ONLY person in another tC that waved to me was when she was pulling her FMtC outta a parking spot at Outback and as i pulled up to take her spot (oddly enough), she waved to me and said "nice car" and blew me a kiss...thank God she was hot too. lol...well thats my experience....I'm trying to get my originality out ther with customizing it but all i got right now is the silverstars and short shifter when it gets delivered.
this is exactly why tc drivers are frowned at...look at this guys post here, which may be true, but also be a bunch of BS. The point is that most of the people that drive tcs are a bunch of horny Teenage boys thinking they have the baddest 16K that can outpower viders, and C6 vettes...or you can just call them ricers, and sadly a lot of them are on this board, but still...us older more mature people have to make up for these guys...i dont want my car to become the next honduhh civic...whos with me...
wow...i dont even want to start with this...I didn't even know the girl let alone im far from a horny teenage boy...im prolly more mature than most adults on this board to begin with...and hell yea i do think I do have the baddest car out there for 16 K <<<<yes this is exactly tru..100%..i'd rather have it over a civic anyday...and sure..if you say so...i think i can beat a viper anyday outta the week?.....Get ur "I'm mature and overpowering more reasonable' head outta ur a$$...u don't know me..u prolly will never know me..and thats ok..because if ur as ignorant as you seem..i wouldn't wanna be friends with you anyways.....on a side note..the whole reason why i posted wasn't to emphasize that a girl blew a kiss..yeah thats great...but i posted that because that was the ONLY tC person ever to say hello......and at the end of ur post u ask everyone who's with you..i would hope not many because your post was completely an irrelevant to my main idea...it may pertain to other horny teenage males...but..not this one buddy.
Adults that think they are wiser and more intuitive then young people are ironically about as smart as poop... That is exactly what is wrong with 'older' people now a days.... They are arrogant and fail to realize that youth today has more access to knowledge and such that it scares me. What today's youth learns makes shadows on useless stuff I learned in high school. There was no internet or 500 channel cable TV when i went to school.... I think kids are pretty bright... Almost too bright for their own good. This is coming from a 30 year old.

Never judge the youth. They will run your nursing home one day....
Old 06-07-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

for me its not other tC drivers revving up on me its the civics and acuras, then they see I am a girl and they feel like they really have somehing to prove...its okay we all know whose car is cuter =)
Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ahhh cuter!!! Cuts to the core of me when you say that. The tC is a mean honda eating machine...

*phew* much better.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member

Damn this one is getting heated-
TRUTH, every1 is making valid points about the tC issue. It would be a great world if the tCrs, anf the xBrs, and xArs could come together on a united front-hell, we are a force to be reckin with. However, being from socal, I know that I live in the land of false ego's, and wether it is a tC, Audi or pinto, we all carry the King (as well as Queen) of the road mentality, so we tend to get caught up in our own fantasy! No excuse, that's just how it is. However, if I catch you on the streets, hopefully I will be on a good one, and I throw my head up.
By the way, what does FM refer to? PEACE
Old 06-07-2005, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^ Flint Mica
Old 06-07-2005, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sunkissted
for me its not other tC drivers revving up on me its the civics and acuras, then they see I am a girl and they feel like they really have somehing to prove...its okay we all know whose car is cuter =)
yeah same here, most of the people that rev on me are from honda/acura owners. most of them high school kids that think primering their car will add hp.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: What is up with TC drivers.

Originally Posted by speddlysmitt
Why is it when another Tc driver pulls up he acts like he has something to prove. I had one jerk today tailgating me and chirping his tires when he was behind me. I am not a slow driver either. Then the other day I was getting gas and this blue tC starts blaring his stock radio and reving his exhaust then peels out. What are they trying to prove. I know how the car drives and behaves since I have one. Ok I feel better now.
Where abouts was this, since i'm in the same area as u??

Certainly wasn't me, I'd most likely give ya the wave or something like that if I see another tC driver...
Old 06-07-2005, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont get mad at me because i speak the truth. Its just in poor taste to post somthing like that when we are out here trying to go against the "f@f" phase. looking that your response you clearly are a young teenage but the whole "mature and overpowering blah blah" comment. Futhermore my "irrelevant" ending to my post about how your a horny teenage was because you mentioned how she...blew you are kiss....and she was hot....etc...thus if you were not that (horny) you wouldnt have mentioned it. I dont want to be your friend, and i dont want to know you. i want you to know that YOU DRIVE A TC...and there is nothing to be cocky about that...you have a nice car fine..so do i...but dont make our car look bad by comments like that
Old 06-07-2005, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member

I would love a tC to race me when I'm not in mine and in my 91 SHO, they wouldn't try it again....
Old 06-07-2005, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

near work today some dude, 25-ish, waved to me as if I knew him. I don't know you, don't act like you know me.
So, I'm driving around in the bronx one time, (on broadway) and I see this other black tC in my rearview. he decides that me doing 40 in a 30 is too slow for him, so he revvs up real high and passes me. i see this huge muscular guy with a really low yankee cap on, you know. i want to give him a wave, but he just gives me a dirty look. i think it was probably billy here.

and I still don't understand the idea behind waving to someone I don't know. I may go sit on my porch and try waving to people as they walk by. Better yet, I think I'll sit in my car, and honk as people go by then wave to them while they go on thinking "do i know him?" So they drive the same car. In so cal, that could mean a wide range of people for the tc, and even moreso with the xb. So many scion's around here the novelty is wearing off. If I take my mom's sable to work, should I wave at the old people I don't know driving the same car? how about when i drive my brother's late 80's mr2, should I wave to all the others I see driving that car too? When I had my civic did I wave to everyone driving one of those? no. You know how many people that would be?! Did anyone else driving a civic wave to me? no, not unless I knew them personally which was a handful of people. It's not a concept I understand, maybe for bikers, but I'm driving a car as well as million other people on so cal's freeways, heck why not wave to them all for no reason!
lol well unlike you some of us have class, and respect for each other.. i dont care what you drive if u wave ill wave back..another classic example of a teenage riceboy thinking he can take srt4s and 350s with his all powerfull TC rofl
I'm 22, I drive a glorified civic that is still slow. Respect for others who drive tC's? Why? how is that person any more respectable than the lady in the next lane over driving a corolla? lol I don't get it
Old 06-07-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by motozen

You are either a kid with no friends or a prude adult... Make that rude.
how about rude adult?
Old 06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont get mad at me because i speak the truth. Its just in poor taste to post somthing like that when we are out here trying to go against the "f@f" phase. looking that your response you clearly are a young teenage but the whole "mature and overpowering blah blah" comment. Futhermore my "irrelevant" ending to my post about how your a horny teenage was because you mentioned how she...blew you are kiss....and she was hot....etc...thus if you were not that (horny) you wouldnt have mentioned it. I dont want to be your friend, and i dont want to know you. i want you to know that YOU DRIVE A TC...and there is nothing to be cocky about that...you have a nice car fine..so do i...but dont make our car look bad by comments like that
I'm sorry to have stirred the older much more mature beast within you

wtf? Fast and the Furious?? what does that even have to do about it? I've got my car out riced out clearly i guess...and because the movie came out..and its pertained to a younger audience..i clearly must accept it and become a egotistical teenager...yup...that MUST be it..
Old 06-07-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Adults that think they are wiser and more intuitive then young people are ironically about as smart as poop... That is exactly what is wrong with 'older' people now a days.... They are arrogant and fail to realize that youth today has more access to knowledge and such that it scares me. What today's youth learns makes shadows on useless stuff I learned in high school. There was no internet or 500 channel cable TV when i went to school.... I think kids are pretty bright... Almost too bright for their own good. This is coming from a 30 year old.

TRUE THAT.. I didn't graduate from High School with a 5.6 gpa and get into 4 well known colleges by being a typical immature F&F Teenager lol...I don't think those who are young who deserve credit...get it...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry to have stirred the older much more mature beast within you

wtf? Fast and the Furious?? what does that even have to do about it? I've got my car out riced out clearly i guess...and because the movie came out..and its pertained to a younger audience..i clearly must accept it and become a egotistical teenager...yup...that MUST be it..
F&F comment was directed to you because the movie had a bunch of women who loved cars and did stupid things (like what you wrote in your post)...i also never talked about your car being riced out...i called you a ricer because they way you act. I never once mentioned your car. Finally this is over this post was to talk about how some tc drivers think they are the coolest thing on 4 wheels, and how they act and post stupid things because they are just kids. and you proved me right so my job is done...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRUE THAT.. I didn't graduate from High School with a 5.6 gpa and get into 4 well known colleges by being a typical immature F&F Teenager lol...I don't think those who are young who deserve credit...get it...
rofl...ok just because your book smart doesnt mean you cant do stupid things.what does have a 5'6 gpa and gettign into college have anything to do with ricers. I know PLENTY of people how are just as smart as you how are extreamly inmature etc. That comment wasnt directed towards you i was just commenting on the other guy eariler

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is up with TC drivers.