Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

the xB has a "rear hatch door open" light, but the

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default the xB has a "rear hatch door open" light, but the

With my wife's xB, if you open the "trunk" hatch door, the little "open door" red light turns on. This prevents our alarm from arming because a door is open.

With the tC, on the other hand, when the "trunk" is open the car doesn't recognize a door being opened; so whenever we're taking groceries in and out of the house, the car's alarm will arm.

Does anybody else's tC's "open door" light in the dash turn on when the hatch is open?

Why does the xB have this feature but not the tC? (I've heard that theifs will break into a hatchback via the hatch because it won't set off the alarm... unless your motion sensor senses the movement, it'll set off the alarm)
Old 01-20-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well at least my tC does not arm the alarm automatically so I don't get what you're saying or is it that you have an aftermarket alarm?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when you open the hatch from my tc, the "open door light" does turn on on the dash. it won't let you activate the alarm or lock any doors. i noticed it several times when i open my hatch to get something and i close it, and when i try to lock my doors, it won't work because the hatch isn't closed all the way yet.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm a little confused, because if my hatch isn't shut, the open door light comes on. It's a third door, so that makes sense.

Saved me once when I started driving and noticed the hatch wasn't properly closed (only because of the light)... one of the few times I actually have passengers... and yes, they shut it improperly :sigh:
Old 01-20-2007, 02:22 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The "Door Open" indicator should come on if the tC hatch is not properly closed.

Tom
Old 01-20-2007, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmmmmmmm...... i'm gonna have to have it checked out then.

Thanks guys
Old 01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trdtcpr
well at least my tC does not arm the alarm automatically so I don't get what you're saying or is it that you have an aftermarket alarm?
Ya it's an aftermarket alarm.

What are the odds that the installers disabled my "open door" light function? Should I question them first or take it to the dealer and have them fix it? Advice?
Old 01-20-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcKing
Originally Posted by trdtcpr
Ya it's an aftermarket alarm.

What are the odds that the installers disabled my "open door" light function? Should I question them first or take it to the dealer and have them fix it? Advice?
that may be a posibility that it was set diferently.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:30 PM

where is the switch located for the rear hatch that sends the open door signal to the dash? I have a 2011 XB that had a left rear tail light and rear fender repaired. Shortly thereafter the open door signal began to light up. The shop said it is the sensor and wants to charge me for replacing it, even though it did not start till after they did the repairs.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:30 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

"where is the switch located for the rear hatch that sends the open door signal to the dash? I have a 2011 XB that had a left rear tail light and rear fender repaired. Shortly thereafter the open door signal began to light up. The shop said it is the sensor and wants to charge me for replacing it, even though it did not start till after they did the repairs"

I believe it is located in the Middle of the Rear Hatch Lift Gate under the Handle. At least that was where it was on my 2006 xB. On this pic, take a look at Part # 10:

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-10-2016 at 05:38 PM.