Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

adjusting ride height on tien coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default adjusting ride height on tien coilovers?

I am really considering getting the tien basic coilover kit but I have a few questions. How do you adjust the ride height on the coilovers? Is it simple or do I need to uninstall everything to do it? Also, I know that the tien SS lets you adjust the dampening and the tien basics don't. How is the ride quality of the tien basics compared to a stock tC suspension?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Banned
SL Member

i can answer all questions minus the ride quality.

you must relieve tension on the spring before making adjustments to the coilover height (meaning, lift the tire off the ground.

if room permits, you may not have to remove your wheel.. i guess it depends on what wheels you have.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes I had been asking James of C.C. this same question before ordering my Tein SS-P's... apparently you can jack the car up, remove the wheel and adjust the coilovers? You adjust the specific height by notches along the coilover, that way you can get them even on each side?

He also said something about compensating for driver's side weight by making the passenger side slightly lower.. or, I'm not sure I may be wrong about that.

A little clarification on this would be most appreciated.... not that I'd ever probably need to adjust the coilovers once I got them how I wanted them, but it'd be good to know.