Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   break indicator on when hit the gas paddle (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/break-indicator-when-hit-gas-paddle-87682/)

rangerc79 01-18-2007 03:34 PM

break indicator on when hit the gas paddle

Anyone know this issue for tC Scion 2005. I have this car over 2 years...mileage at close to 38k. Evertime during gear 1, 2 and /or 3 when you hit the gas paddle the break indicator is lit on. My hand break is all the way down and i make sure of it but it still lit on. It will go away few sec later. Anyone know what the problem is????

PhillyCamoBox 01-19-2007 12:12 AM

dude tese cars are stupid as ____ with their dummy lights. they come on if you cough even lol. sorry cant help. i have lights on on my dashbut i just said ____ it cause the car runs fine...

markymarc 01-19-2007 03:48 PM

your low on brake fluid...it just needs a refill..

falcon9094 01-20-2007 02:41 PM

thats not true marc mine just started doing this and i my brake fluid is full it was the first thing I checked

krdshrk 01-20-2007 02:42 PM

Your brakes are probably very worn - have you changed them recently?

markymarc 01-20-2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by falcon9094
thats not true marc mine just started doing this and i my brake fluid is full it was the first thing I checked

happend to me

heyitznosaj 01-20-2007 04:56 PM

Its your pads dude.

1SXETC 01-20-2007 04:59 PM

x2, its your pads. same thing happened to me at 17K on stock pads/rotors.

probably the fronts. since i changed my fronts and it stopped happening.

i'm not at 36K and front replacement pads (wagner ceramic) are still fine. Rears are still okay too. getting close though.

TC OE brake pads suck.

paul34 01-20-2007 06:14 PM

I vote for a sticky on this topic, seems we have one every week

If your brake fluid is low and you have around that mileage

replace your pads

don't add more fluid.

Originally Posted by 1SXETC
TC OE brake pads suck.

What led you to this conclusion? Maybe you just brake hard, or do you drive an auto? I think the stock pads are just fine for what they are - stock pads.

1SXETC 01-20-2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by paul34
I vote for a sticky on this topic, seems we have one every week

If your brake fluid is low and you have around that mileage

replace your pads

don't add more fluid.

TC OE brake pads suck.

What led you to this conclusion? Maybe you just brake hard, or do you drive an auto? I think the stock pads are just fine for what they are - stock pads.

uh, no i don't brake any harder than anyone else.

i concluded that the stock pads suck because:

1) they wore out at 17K (while my replacements have already lasted nearly 20K)

2) They don't have as high stopping power as my replacement pads

3) they cost more than my replacement pads.

just like the stock tires....are they total crap? No. Are they high quality. Not even close. And as we all know, in the world of automotives... If its not high quality, its crap. :)

falcon9094 01-21-2007 06:42 AM

my stock pads lasted for 50k before this started happening

JOEinSD 01-21-2007 02:48 PM

I've got this problem too. Only when I gun it from first though. It started at around 21k miles. And I haven't changed my brake pads. :crazy: :rofl:

1SXETC 01-21-2007 10:45 PM

50K!!!! thats unbelievable. 1, that you already have 50 k on a 05. 2 that your stock fronts lasted that long (are you SURE they've never been replaced???)

the only possible explanation for that is that you drive a HELLOVA lotta HIWAY miles everyday and are VERY easy on your brakes.

either than, or you are a 68 year old woman. :)

something doesn't sound right there. look at everyone else's mileage when their brakes wear out. Its usually around 20k, give or take a few thousand miles. The fact that yours lasted over TWICE that seems a bit funky.

paul34 01-22-2007 12:32 AM

Not really... just planning far in advance + driving manual can save a lot on your brakes :)

rangerc79 01-22-2007 11:48 AM

Thanks for all the advices, I did check the brake fluids which they are more than plentiful....also, my brake pads definitely has at least 1 more years left given that I just past 38k mileage. Yes I did do lots highway driving due to work commute and ski trip :) But I will change the front brake pads and see if this change the situation.

I did read some replys regards to "suckiness in the stock pads" any advice on which brand of brake pad for 05 tC Scion??

1SXETC 01-22-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by paul34
Not really... just planning far in advance + driving manual can save a lot on your brakes :)

i drive a manual.

my brakes started squealing and brake light flashed on at 17K.

paul34 01-22-2007 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by rangerc79
Thanks for all the advices, I did check the brake fluids which they are more than plentiful....also, my brake pads definitely has at least 1 more years left given that I just past 38k mileage. Yes I did do lots highway driving due to work commute and ski trip :) But I will change the front brake pads and see if this change the situation.

I did read some replys regards to "suckiness in the stock pads" any advice on which brand of brake pad for 05 tC Scion??

A lot of people seem to like Axxis Ultimates

captainlaziness 01-23-2007 07:02 AM

50K!!!! thats unbelievable. 1, that you already have 50 k on a 05. 2 that your stock fronts lasted that long (are you SURE they've never been replaced???)

the only possible explanation for that is that you drive a HELLOVA lotta HIWAY miles everyday and are VERY easy on your brakes.

either than, or you are a 68 year old woman. :)

something doesn't sound right there. look at everyone else's mileage when their brakes wear out. Its usually around 20k, give or take a few thousand miles. The fact that yours lasted over TWICE that seems a bit funky.

My '05 has over 36k miles and my pads are at about 40%