Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   Hotchkis Sway Bars..... (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/hotchkis-sway-bars-38424/)

BlkSandPrlTurbotC 11-03-2005 08:01 PM

Hotchkis Sway Bars.....

Who has them. I know this is a repost, but quite frankly I do not feel like looking through 3,230,233 posts to find it.

I also notice in the set you get a front sway bar....well what if i just want the rear??

jrv2000 11-03-2005 08:50 PM

you cant just buy the rear bar, they come as a set only. Secondly I dont know what the effects of running only the rear bar would be since they were made to work in conjunction with each other. If you dont mind me asking, why dont you want to use the front bar?

BlkSandPrlTurbotC 11-03-2005 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by jrv2000
you cant just buy the rear bar, they come as a set only. Secondly I dont know what the effects of running only the rear bar would be since they were made to work in conjunction with each other. If you dont mind me asking, why dont you want to use the front bar?

When i worked at beaverun, a guy i worked with said to not put on front and rear sway because you'll never know where exactly your weakness is on the suspension

He personally drove my tC on our North Track and he said that a Rear Sway bar was very much needed, but was also impressed by the tein s-tech setup and was blown away i didnt have a strut bar lol

trdsparks 11-04-2005 02:16 PM

Well if you want just a rear sway you can get the one from TRD. From what I read and hear it's made by Hotchkis. I think thats the only way you're going to find one. Let me know if you're interested.

Trd sway bar
http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...1&parts_id=326

JSosa 11-04-2005 03:09 PM

dont get the hotchkis sway bars, if you want a GOOD rear sway bari recommend Progress rear anti sway bar: You can find it on ebay for about $125 which is what i did. Awsome performance coming from the bar, but these act more as beam tensioners than anything else. If you want a REALLY good sway bar search for whiteline automotive. Its an australian company that makes a very nice true sway bar that connects your arms not just a beam tensioner. If you want more info PM me.

Stock 11-12-2005 08:00 PM

The bars are really good and they go very very well with the tein SSP i have It is a cornering machine. No screeching or anythign going around turns very stupidly. One day ill regret having them on when i kick the car out into a tree tho. But great buy.

-Keith- 11-12-2005 08:13 PM

There awesome....

enough said...

RAMROD7 11-12-2005 10:43 PM

Whiteline

It is impossible to navigate the whiteline website, so I ordered the hotchkis. Anyways for $239 delivered, it can't be all that bad... :pray:

kanundrum 11-12-2005 11:19 PM

I have both front and rear sway and boy its GREAT!. my car is lowered as well and I know for a fact I can take turns at 50 or 60 with ease.

Jimmy 11-13-2005 03:49 AM

where is the cheapest place to get these from?

kanundrum 11-13-2005 03:58 AM

sparks toyota of course :)

SupaWhite 11-13-2005 06:18 PM

I just had a set of hotchkis sways installed. They work wonders with my TRD drop. Though there could be better options, I think the hotchkis is more than enough for my needs.

-Keith- 11-13-2005 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by SupaWhite
I just had a set of hotchkis sways installed. They work wonders with my TRD drop. Though there could be better options, I think the hotchkis is more than enough for my needs.

Which setting do you have it on?

SupaWhite 11-13-2005 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by -Keith-

Originally Posted by SupaWhite

Which setting do you have it on?

umm... the tightest i think.. whatever it's called.

-Keith- 11-13-2005 09:08 PM

I call them race setting and street setting.

But if its more then enough put it on the street setting

dstyle 11-13-2005 10:44 PM

which hole is the race setting and which is the street? i picked my front sway from a friend and i couldn't remember what he told me.

boostedscion 11-15-2005 12:53 PM

I think its the inside one

rhythmnsmoke 11-16-2005 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by dstyle
which hole is the race setting and which is the street? i picked my front sway from a friend and i couldn't remember what he told me.

How about you just run test?

shinkuu 11-16-2005 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dstyle

The one closest to the bar is the stiffer setting Chris. btw how did u install it? I'm going to need some help installing these bars.