Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Official Raceland Coilovers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LETZgoBUDDY
damn... that hurts. All that time spent taking it off and on. I had mine for only 8 months, ~6k miles. How many miles do you put on that thing?
i bought it at 5k, and i probably put another 500miles since. so still pretty fresh. and make that 4 times i bottomed out now hah
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Irishguy0224
I live in upstate NY and just cover the threads in some lube (can't remember the name) and it keeps the salt and ish off of them during the winter. No rust problems here yet.

However, my rear coils have gotten really soft lately. I called RL to have a warrenty and they want me to take them out and show them by hand how soft they are. Fck that noise! Here, let me spend the day gutting my truck, take out my coils, take a video of them to show you how soft they are, put everything back together and HOPE you warranty them? No thanks. Next time i take these out will be for BC Extreme lows. The racelands will become a winter set-up. NFG.
Idk about Racelands but I called Rokkor about a knocking noise and I told them I really dont want to remove my part. They said they can put a charge on my credit/debit card for the retail price of that one part (in your case, your two rears). Then they send you new ones and you send back the olds ones. Once they get it back, they will refund you.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right on, im not worried about it. after this winter BC EL's are going in.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 PM

I installed my raceland coilovers back in spring 2010. Now with roughly 25k miles on the coilovers I could honestly say they have held their own. Within the first year riding on them, I've put them through an autocross cone clinic, race them on the Blackwater(Academi) track based in NC, and DD'd them as low as they can go. Haven't seen any rust but living in south VA we usually don't receive any snow. Currently, they're still on although not as low as they used to be but for $300 they have lasted longer than I thought they would.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Raceland coils suck had them on my car couldn't handle my driving style. Very sloppy when coming to a tight turns. Just installed my tein basic and what a difference on handling. On would recommend for show and DD Cars
Old 09-17-2012, 11:31 AM

I have had my racelands for less than 5k and for my driving style these are perfect. I drove a slammed s10 for 6 years so I'm just thinking none of you have truly driven a slammed vehicle the proper way, especially for DD. these are not designed to go around norschlifé. Neither are they supposed to go around summit. These are for show and DD
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had an opportunity to drive my car w/ Raceland Coilovers since I traded in my tC already and sold my TEIN Basics to my friend.

Man what a Crappy Slushy ride Racelands have & noisy!

I can officially say they suck now!..I have driven on them.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member

I've had my Racelands since July and I've had 0 problems.

They are great for DD. Don't track these, please.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Hey guys, I've actually had the raceland coilover set up on my tc for almost 2 years now with no problems at all. About 2-3 months after installing them I was in an accident, I was ran off the road into a ditch. The right side of the car slammed pretty hard on both wheels, but the coilovers still rides the same with no problems. Considering I live in Houston, we have really high humidity but yet no rust or corrosion. They ride really smooth and stiff but not to bouncy. Also you can lower the car nearly to the ground if you like with ease. I also have a friend who tested them out before me on his tc and his are still riding well with no problems, sitting at its lowest on 17x10 e25 all the way around. Another friend decided to get for his rsx-s after riding in my car and his are also still running well. The only thing about these is that you have to use the OEM top hats, lame yes I know but you can work with it. For the price its worth it, tho I wouldn't mind sitting on tein ss but who wouldn't.

Name:  photo-2_zps135e04ba.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  66.0 KBName:  photo_zps904ece41.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  125.2 KB
Name:  photo-3_zps6d99b75f.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  135.5 KB

Last edited by bigQstc; 10-04-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for people who removed perches to go lower, did you secure the last perch with anything? i'm thinking spot welding it in place since the perches seem to rotate freely without compression...

or does the spring hold it in place once lowered?
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by stenger
so what the hell is the trick to removing the rear lower shock bolt? I sprayed about a 1/4 can of penetrating oil on, and let it soak in. Sprayed more about 3 hours later before attempting... Used a electric impact (don't have air tank/compressor) and the bolt just will not budge.
big ___ impact is what i used to get mine off with when i did the strut and it popped it right off
Old 10-05-2012, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by superwhitecoke

By the looks of this, I am glad I went lipless. Judging by the photo, you are about 1/2" lower than I, and there is no way, I'd be able to keep that lip attached with Cincinnati roads. (our highways, have naturally formed speed bumps)
Old 10-06-2012, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kmcguckin/8021696718/http://www.flickr.com/photos/kmcguckin/8021696718/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/kmcguckin/, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kmcguckin/8021704130/http://www.flickr.com/photos/kmcguckin/8021704130/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/kmcguckin/, on Flickr
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM
SL Member

after doing the necessary research, I think I may go with racelands. Irish, Ive seen your car with many sets of wheels on it, do you like the racelands? And are you still running them in these new pics? Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, i am still on them in the pics above. They are alright coils for the price. Just don't expect too much from them, they are good for slamming the car for cheap. I will be upgrading them hopefully next summer, but we will see how they are holding up come that time!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 AM

After looking around forums about RaceLand, I decided to order a set for myself simply because of the price. I don't expect too much for these, but I notice the Front Right does not look right. The welding finish on these are horrible by the way. I'm going to get a replacement or refund.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i have rokkors and they are maxed out but i still dont feel im low enough. i know some people remove perches and bumpstops, etc. but im still a noob when it comes to coils. so my question is, say i want to go alittle bit lower in the front, what should i remove that wont really make the ride quality worse?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ride quality isn't all that great at it's lowest unmodified point, so removing anything will not make it any worse in my opinion.

Just an update. I've put a good chunk of miles on my set, and I am starting to get annoyed by the soft springs. Rides soft, and that's bad news for traction and weight transfers. So maybe tax time, I'll upgrade to some d2's. Had great luck with them in the past on an xb1, so I expect better with the tc's independent rear suspension.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stenger
Ride quality isn't all that great at it's lowest unmodified point, so removing anything will not make it any worse in my opinion.

Just an update. I've put a good chunk of miles on my set, and I am starting to get annoyed by the soft springs. Rides soft, and that's bad news for traction and weight transfers. So maybe tax time, I'll upgrade to some d2's. Had great luck with them in the past on an xb1, so I expect better with the tc's independent rear suspension.
Just a heads up, check out some Honda and Acura forums on the D2's before you make your purchase. I would go with BC over them.

Quick Reply: Official Raceland Coilovers Thread