Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Official Rokkor Tuning Coilovers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Bum
5 Year Member
SL Member

Been on rokkors well over a year now.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ What size tires are you on again?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i put my rokkors on about 3 weeks ago, and im maxed out in the front and have 5 threads left in the back. my front passenger wheel has some negative camber on it, but my front driver has a pretty good amount of positive camber on it, so my wheels are like this..../ /------/ / anyone know how i can fix this issue?
besides paying 80 bucks for an alignment
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol i had the same problem. Getting an alignment is the only REAL fix.
But, what worked for me was buying a camber bolt and installing it on the wheel with positive camber. (all the way negative)

I followed JeremyDoc's DIY here on the forum!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by colinantherus
so i put my rokkors on about 3 weeks ago, and im maxed out in the front and have 5 threads left in the back. my front passenger wheel has some negative camber on it, but my front driver has a pretty good amount of positive camber on it, so my wheels are like this..../ /------/ / anyone know how i can fix this issue?
besides paying 80 bucks for an alignment
Either pay that or get new tires in a few months, your call. If you have a firestone around you, they do lifetime alignment for like $75..

But yeah, I guess camber bolts would be your option after that. They are like $20 on Ebay if I remember for two.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Bum
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jasper Ash
^ What size tires are you on again?
I'm on 215/35s nankangs . How you liking those RPF1s again man!?

Incase someone asks. I don't recommend this if you rock fauxwheels and live in bad areas, I've cracked two rims so far.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Getting some this next week,going to nearly max them out ob steelies,we will see how this goes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone had problems getting their alignment back to spec while maxed on the rokkors?

I noticed a couple posts up about the camber bolts for up front. My front tires seem to have the same wear, so I shouldn't have to worry about that, unless they are needed to correct negative camber. I just don't want the alignment shop telling me I need this or that when no one else has had problems.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
SL Member

Has anyone else come across a problem where your driver side has 8 threads and your passenger side has no more threads to lower?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ nope. Thats awkward. Maybe you should re-install..
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by RS2_1823
^^ nope. Thats awkward. Maybe you should re-install..
I've done it twice now and still the same thing. There's no ride quality issues or anything awkward with that side though. If anything i might have a blown coil because that side does make a knock noise over the smallest bump. But if its over a regular sized bump or speed bump there's no issue.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sci_tC_05
I've done it twice now and still the same thing. There's no ride quality issues or anything awkward with that side though. If anything i might have a blown coil because that side does make a knock noise over the smallest bump. But if its over a regular sized bump or speed bump there's no issue.
↑↑ did yoi ever figure it out bro?

As for me. Im goin lower eventually but heres where my daily sits!

Name:  IMG_20120624_181202.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  93.5 KB
Old 06-27-2012, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sci_tC_05
I had the same issue with my car. Its a fairly easy fix; if you pop your hood, look at the top of the coilover, there should be a rubber piece in the middle, take that off and youll see a hex bolt. Best results would be to get someone to tighten it using one of those air guns (blanking on the name), tighten it yourself and it comes loose again after a week. The reason being you need something fast enough to spin it against the coil over or else it will come loose again.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobija
I had the same issue with my car. Its a fairly easy fix; if you pop your hood, look at the top of the coilover, there should be a rubber piece in the middle, take that off and youll see a hex bolt. Best results would be to get someone to tighten it using one of those air guns (blanking on the name), tighten it yourself and it comes loose again after a week. The reason being you need something fast enough to spin it against the coil over or else it will come loose again.
Awesome! I'll end up trying this out and see if this works for me. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just about two years on these coilovers been through snowy winters n slammed as low as they can go "unmodified" an still holding up, but gonna be gettin new coilovers soon! but definitely for the money it was well spent cant complain.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThaKingsKid
just about two years on these coilovers been through snowy winters n slammed as low as they can go "unmodified" an still holding up, but gonna be gettin new coilovers soon! but definitely for the money it was well spent cant complain.
I beg to differ . 2 winters in Wisconsin and they were too harsh for me after that. I feared for the rest of my suspension and bushings. Which I can tell my bushings all over need replacing as I feel a lot if vibration when using the a/c

Sent from my I727 rocket on Marz! @_@
Old 06-30-2012, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@mxyooji, thats sucks fa real, and the whole vibration when when using the a/c sounds really odd to me. but I can only speak for myself as I did when mentioning my experiences with the coilovers. but im not one to just throw them on and never check up on them maintience wise also from time to time especially after goin through winters. not saying you didnt. but just generally speaking, but hope ya get ya situation figured out tho!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would putting some type of rust preventer on the coilovers before install be a good idea?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 PM

Hey everyone! i have a 05 tc with trd springs but plan on stancing it this summer with nin inch rims with a decent stretch and new coilovers, after reading through the comments id figure id ask a quick question... i am rocking a wildwood big brake kit on the front wit spacers to fit the calipers( only on the front).... would this be a problem if i plan on lowering it till like 3 notches are left? let me know!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 PM

*17 x 9 inch rims