Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Questions

Old 04-15-2013, 04:56 PM

Default Questions

I know the first thing will be search BUT there are so many pages.

My back shock is extremely squeaky and seems bumpier in the back and my friends says his shocks stated to do that and that means its starting to go bad. Is that true?

So it got me thinking about getting them all replaced when my brother comes in June. I have looked at multiple places and don't have asked if money. Raceland coilovers are lower price and affordable. (currently going through the 300+ pages)
But also saw Stagg and read some good reviews on shocks. Thought about getting those and finding used tien springs or going with the vogtland spring set. Heard OK things about vogtland but I'd be paying less going with used tein and Stagg shocks but I'd need to get tophats put on. What would be my best option? I looked for tophats but can't find anyone that sells them. Anywhere i could get the top hat parts top get them done before he gets here in June.
I want a smooth ride but lowered. I live in Delaware and the roads do suck and I don't want to scrape my bumper or anything or getting out of my driveway.
My friend got his acura lowered and I rode in it and its so stiff I felt every bump going up to Maine. Horrible ride. I don't want that. Any help and suggestions would be awesome. Thanks to those that help.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dapitt84
I know the first thing will be search BUT there are so many pages.

My back shock is extremely squeaky and seems bumpier in the back and my friends says his shocks stated to do that and that means its starting to go bad. Is that true?

So it got me thinking about getting them all replaced when my brother comes in June. I have looked at multiple places and don't have asked if money. Raceland coilovers are lower price and affordable. (currently going through the 300+ pages)
But also saw Stagg and read some good reviews on shocks. Thought about getting those and finding used tien springs or going with the vogtland spring set. Heard OK things about vogtland but I'd be paying less going with used tein and Stagg shocks but I'd need to get tophats put on. What would be my best option? I looked for tophats but can't find anyone that sells them. Anywhere i could get the top hat parts top get them done before he gets here in June.
I want a smooth ride but lowered. I live in Delaware and the roads do suck and I don't want to scrape my bumper or anything or getting out of my driveway.
My friend got his acura lowered and I rode in it and its so stiff I felt every bump going up to Maine. Horrible ride. I don't want that. Any help and suggestions would be awesome. Thanks to those that help.
Racelands ride fine, and go nice a low. I'm maxed with out modifying them, and knowing how to drive a lowered car, make all the difference on scraping.

Top hats you reuse and don't need new ones.

As far as spring/shock combo goes, you'll probably be able to afford a used set of Tein Basic coilovers for the price of springs/shocks.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 AM

Looked like shocks by Stagg are 180 including shipping. Then used tien springs would be around 120. Or Stagg shocks and vogtland springs on ebay for 300 but is need to get top hats on and who knows what that'll cost around here in Delaware.
You have race lands. How are they on tight turns? How is the ride compared to stock?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Racelands are just a low-and-slow coilover at best. If you just want to cruise low, and have a decent ride. Racelands are the way to go. They may be better with bushing upgrades and such, but as far as replacing OEM setup with them. Don't expect much.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:52 AM

Compared to stock. Is it going to give me better handling and a little smoother ride than stock or would springs and stocks/struts be better? I make hard turns and stock had been OK but would love a better handling and a little smoother ride would be nice. I'm not going to drop it all the way down. Ill give it enough of a drop but not to the point of any scraping possibility. I have been known to take turns hard and a little fast. Want something to be on point when I do. I'm also putting in a strut tower bar also.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REDACTED

Last edited by pyroman131; 07-21-2018 at 04:19 AM.