Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Quick question about adjusting height...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Quick question about adjusting height...

So I installed my Bc Racing Coilovers BR... and i was flipping through the instructions just to see if I have to do anything different... And i noticed that if you adjust the height of the coilovers, they asked that you DO NOT adjust ussing the 2 collars right below the spring instead you loosen the lowest collar, and turn the tubing to lower it...

Only problem is, if you do it that way, you can only have a certain amount you can adjust it because in another set of instructions, it says not to have a certain amount of "tubing" in the bottom part of the coilover cause it could damage something, i forgot what it was.

Anyways long story short, I thought most coilovers did the ol'fashion adjust using the 2 collars under the springs? Or am I missing something?

If i adjust the 2 collars, eventually the spring will be loosen and wont I be hearing "Clunking" noises?

Thanks in advanced for the help guys.

PS These coilovers are a hell of a lot better than the 2 sets of Stance I had.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would say spin the bottom first before doing major changes to the 2 collars under the spring. I think a lot of people, to get the most out of that type of coilover, is to actually compress the spring with the collars, then spin the bottom of the strut all the way to the collars. Otherwise, a loose spring shouldn't be that big of an issue as long as it is seated correctly. But it is better if it isn't loose.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are three rings. Top to bottom: Pre-load tension ring (A), locking ring (B), and height adjustment ring (C).

You loosen (C), and then rotate up or down using your perch on ring (B). Then, lock ring (C) once you're done. You shouldn't touch (A).

Happy Birffday, btw.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Spoony- THanks! Would i run into any problems if i Max out the (c)? Cause i beleive in the manual it says not to go over a certain amount, but there really isnt a way to measure it cause its inside right?