Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Road Racing the tC Sept 20th Saturday, Come Join Us!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Road Racing the tC Sept 20th Saturday, Come Join Us!

This Saturday @ Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ you can attend an 8hour class and walk away with your clubsport license to drive on the road course during open track days for $150. You will be able to participate in Time Trial events as well.

The class is $225 and goes as follows:

Arrive no later than 8:30am to clean out your car and whatnot.

9:00AM - 10:00AM 1st CLASSROOM SESSION
You will learn the basics of high performance driving. Expect to learn car control and car preparation. The basics include tire pressures and suspension set up. Driving skill will include proper braking and shifting, as well as apexing and car control. We will finish the class with track configuration and turn in points.

10:00AM - 12:00PM ON TRACK
We will break the class down into smaller groups so everyone has plenty of open track time. In this session you will have an instructor go over what you learned in class and will stress the importance of being smooth.

12:00PM - 12:45PM LUNCH BREAK

Suggested you bring your own lunch

12:45PM - 1:30PM 2nd CLASSROOM SESSION
Go over what was learned and answer any questions

1:30PM - 5:00PM ON TRACK
Open track with follow the leader and instructors. At this point we are looking to see how comfortable you are. HAVE FUN!

RULES
Minimum requirements: Helmet, pants, shirts and shoes. Helmet for rent or sale at track. Green License received upon completion of day. You are now approved for green level open track and time trial events!

I just received word back from Mr. Winters, the Road Course Director, answering some of my questions. Check it out!

The registration form was used at the 7/21 school and was supposed to be blank where the date is when it went on the web site. Please just use that form and cross off the date. I'm working on having the site updated. once you and your members each fill out the form please fax it in to my office. If you are paying by credit card, your card will be charged on the date of the school. We will not be taking money ahead of time unless you just don't show up. Please bring your original registration form and tech sheet with you the day of the class, and if you are paying the $225 by cash or check please bring that with you also.

I would arrive around 8:30 so you have time to clean out your car and get it ready. We will be having class and open track time year round weather permitting at least once a week. As we start to get busier I will add more days per week. I will also be updating the calendar this week to add more dates for this year.

As far as payment goes the track only accepts Check/Cash or Visa/Mastercard

You will have some one on one time with your instructor as well as follow the leader type drills. Our object is to make you comfortable so you can go out there by yourself whenever you want.

There is a store about 3 miles away that sells food and has gas. I would come with a full tank of gas and you still may run out. The way I run my day you get a lot of track time.

See you Saturday

Chris Winter
Raceway Park
Road Course Director

The road course is 1.35 miles, and a minimum of 40' wide, save for the 1,400 ft straightaway which measures 50' wide. Some highlights of the track include a 90 degree right turn, a 16 degree banked left turn, and a mini corkscrew. Be sure to check out the youtube video of a ride around the Raceway Park road course. For more information, stay tuned to racewaypark.com.

Several people from Long Island Speed Freaks will be attending including 2 tC's and one 350z.
I just found out all the information so hopefully the list grows!

PM me with any questions!

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU OUT THERE SATURDAY!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BuMP!

Just received more word from the course director. It's pasted below.

********************************************************************************
Hello everyone,

I wanted to send an update e mail thanking everyone for their great support so far this year. Some of you have even been to our events several times.

For those of you that came to our grand opening weekend and have been to our class/open track events you know that we have been using the shorter class course which measures about 1.2 miles. As of this week we have started to move our new race wall into place. This wall will divide the main straight away and the inner loop. With this new wall in place we now have approval to use the larger (much Faster) main 1.5 mile configuration. If all goes well with the weather this week I am planning on using this larger configuration this Saturday. Those of you that have already been to the track know how many configurations we have but have only been able to use the small configuration. I am very excited about using the larger track. If you were not sure if you were going to come this Saturday I hope this will change your mind.

For those of you interested in taking this all new class on Saturday, Please download the registration form off of our web site. Fill out the registration form and fax it in to my office as soon as possible because I am going to limit the class to 30 people. Bring the original registration form as well as the completed tech form with you on Saturday.

If you are unable to make it, don't worry, we will be keeping the track open year round Weather permitting. Keep checking the racewaypark.com web site for new updates and track information.

Hope to see you at the track soon,

Chris Winter
Raceway Park
Road Course Director

So it looks like it will be a 1.5 mile course instead of 1.35! Sweet!

Where's all the Scion Racers at? Hopefully not on the street