Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Stance or BC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member

Default Stance or BC?

I'm in the market for new coils, I drive like a granny. Never pushing my car, and sit low enough to hit the reflectors in the road. Here's the catch. I'm on cut racelands, yes I know. In the next week or so I hope to be upgrading to either the BC with the extreme low kit, Or stance coils. Which actually sit lower!? the $200 difference isn't much of an issue. I just want a coilover that will tuck stock wheel, like my hooptys do now, and still ride decent. HELP!~
Old 09-24-2013, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was going to get Racelands at one point but I decided to save up for better coilovers. I don't track my car but I tend to do spirited driving and wanted my car to be dropped so I ended up getting BC's instead. Best decision I made when it came to suspension. Before I was running TRD shocks with Tein H-techs. Big difference when I upgraded to those coilovers. I've driven my friends tC with Racelands and honestly I hated them. They felt worse than my previous setup. If anything BC's are the way to go. Best bang for your buck. Not to mention they have upper pillow ball mounts and dampening adjustments at a good price.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member

I have been looking for coilovers for the past year and reading every post I could find. For the longest time I was considering racelands but it just seems like a bad idea. As far as I can see I think that BC would be the best choice between the two and with the extreme low I think you should be more than happy. That's just speaking from what pictures I have seen around the web.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm still rocking my BC's. Haven't disappointed me at all. I plan on doing a long road trip from the East Coast, through the South all the way to Texas at the end of the year. Let's see how well they hold up to the crappy highway through Atlanta but I don't think I'll run into any problems. Running pretty low too with my dampners set at 16 front and 20 rear. Pretty stiff for my taste but can't go too stiff with these ____astic NC roads.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

x3 on BC BR extreme low coilovers. They give a good stiff ride and with the standard spring rate hardly any bounce. You definitely get what you pay for with those
Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Has anyone experienced knocking sounds coming from their struts? My rear right strut starting making that sound and it might be due to a broken shock cartridge. Lame....and I did a 1200 mile trip for vacation and have to be back by the end of the month. I don't want this crap to break on me.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member

xdejablu3x yes i have had clunking but it's due to my rears bottoming out. Depending on how low you are that might be the problem.