Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   Strut Bar (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/strut-bar-23289/)

tCModel 04-20-2005 11:55 PM

Strut Bar

Does putting a strut bar on your tC void any warranties? Does is void your motor or suspension warranty?

dmikon 04-21-2005 12:46 AM

No. Strut tower bar is probably one of the cheapest, least "felt" upgrades for a tC.

hejustlaughs 04-21-2005 02:46 AM

my tires slid while i was on the highway doing a slight turn at like 70-80mph. the strut bar helps a bit. I was in a rush to get somewhere btw. it's not like i normally hit turns that fast. there was no one on the road though.

rsx_freak79 04-21-2005 02:50 AM

a strut bar will not void any kind of warranty.

Eiso 04-21-2005 03:13 AM

it shouldnt! Just like you put books on your car, but it doesnt viod the warranty...maybe this is not a good example...but u get the pt hehe :P

yellot00tr 04-21-2005 02:21 PM

i just put in the tanabe strut bar. honestly, i can't tell a difference at all so far. looks kinda good, other than that, nothing else i don't think.

CELL 04-21-2005 03:25 PM

Please read the sticky about warrantys. Nothing....no matter WHAT you do to your car, "voids" your warranty!

ack154 04-21-2005 03:27 PM

Ya, what really comes into play is if there is damage caused by something aftermarket you put on. That damage caused by an add-on will not be covered by your warranty.

Except in the case where you get the item from/installed by Toyota/Scion. In this case, you can get the TRD strut bar and have them install it.

CELL 04-21-2005 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ack154
Ya, what really comes into play is if there is damage caused by something aftermarket you put on. That damage caused by an add-on will not be covered by your warranty.

Except in the case where you get the item from/installed by Toyota/Scion. In this case, you can get the TRD strut bar and have them install it.

exactly. even if you took a dump in your gasline, thinking itll improve performance, your warranty will still be good, they just wont repair THAT problem under warranty

lynguistik 04-21-2005 07:20 PM

^^^^ Awesome example. I've been enlightened. :-p

dmikon 04-21-2005 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by CELL

exactly. even if you took a dump in your gasline, thinking itll improve performance, your warranty will still be good, they just wont repair THAT problem under warranty

I can only imagine what the car would look like once... "stuff" would start coming out of the exhaust pipe as you drive.

ack154 04-21-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by dmikon

Originally Posted by CELL

I can only imagine what the car would look like once... "stuff" would start coming out of the exhaust pipe as you drive.

Kinda gives you a whole new meaning to the term "fart can" exhaust... eh?

CELL 04-21-2005 08:05 PM

dude, theirs so many directions you can go with this joke

Neema 04-21-2005 11:24 PM

I ordered the TRD strut bar and the dealer installed the Hotchkis one instead. Was I mistaken or is there in fact a TRD bar?

ack154 04-22-2005 12:11 AM

I thought there was... but I guess after going to the scion site, the "oem" accessory is the Hotchkis bar. Either way, no biggie.

EDIT: after checking trdusa.com - it's the rear sway bar that they offer from TRD.

engifineer 04-22-2005 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Neema
I ordered the TRD strut bar and the dealer installed the Hotchkis one instead. Was I mistaken or is there in fact a TRD bar?

Hotchkis is the one they use for the tC