Notices
Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance: Under Body Bracing... yeah we got em!

Old 12-24-2012, 03:05 PM
SL Member

Default TB Performance: Under Body Bracing... yeah we got em!

Originally, we only offered a trunk brace for the tc1 but seeing as we looked at the car over a year ago we decided to take a second look... and here's what we came up with.

Front Brace

Rear Brace

According to our test car driver when I asked him if if made a difference " Oh yes a very big difference, handling improved dramatically, and under steer decreased dramatically "

Both of these braces will added to our site later today, and they will be on sale for 69.95 + shipping...and they are now fully Tig/MIG Welded together.

http://www.tbperformanceproducts.com/

Revision to the trunk brace as of 2/17/2014. cup material was doubled in thickness going from .065" to .120" which should allow for much more strength in the brace!

-Daniel Check, Tb Performance Products

Last edited by TB_Performance_Products; 02-17-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The front bar looks like it sits really low? Is it any lower than the subframe? Is it just the angle of the picture?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etoomey3
The front bar looks like it sits really low? Is it any lower than the subframe? Is it just the angle of the picture?
I was thinking the same thing. The first pic looks like it'd rip my undercarriage off on a pebble.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm interested. But my car is prolly too low for this product. Need more pics and reviews.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

is that for both bars combined or a piece? im interested but i would also like to hear more reviews. i was watching the other brace you made then never seen anything about it.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:34 AM
SL Member

Each Of our braces for the TC1 are on sale right now for 69.95ea, so like 210+ shipping for our full line up. As far as clearance goes, the bar sits about 3/4 of inch lower than the front sub frame and our Test Car Owner has not had any issues with clearance.

-Evan Miers, Tb Performance Products
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So by the sounds of it... If your height is around the same as mind (see pic), the first brace, will cause damage due to clearance.

I have 3.25/3.0 inches of ground clearance from the floor pan behind the front wheels... (not my lowest point). If I added the first bar, I'd be down to less than 2"s of ground clearance. That is not a good thing, because I scrape on a lot of stuff as it is now!

The 2nd bar however, should be good.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
SL Member

Whats the clearance on the Cross Member? You are significantly lower than our Test Car...

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

I can honestly say that these two braces are a great addition to anybody that is looking to improve their suspension and handling. I have firsthand experience with these two braces because I was there test car. I have had them on the car for about two weeks now and I have had no issue with them what so ever.
I am dropped all the way on Tien Super Street Pro’s with Pillowball Uppermount, a max drop of 2.72(inch) in the front and 2.64(inch) in the back, no clearance issues what so ever. The front brace in the picture looks like it is below the front main brace but it actually sits at the same level. The back brace it tucked under the car and nowhere near hitting the ground or any other piece of equipment.
As far as performance, striate line acceleration has improved as well as off the line; minimized wheal hop, getting the power to the ground. The biggest difference will be in cornering, that includes entry, during the turn, and exiting.
Overall increased grip, decreased in understeer, acceleration improved, and improved cornering. This is a great addition to the tC.
-SsmoothyMonster
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TB_Performance_Products
Whats the clearance on the Cross Member? You are significantly lower than our Test Car...

I do not know, I can't crawl under there to measure. lol.

But I'll tell you this, I had one on my xb1 (with about the same amount of ground clearance) and destroyed it. And with my tC, I scrape floor pans here and there leaving and entering parking lots, and driveways.

I am sure it works to help reduce flex/wheel hop, no doubt about that. But anyone who is seriously low, will not be able to use the front. If you reduced how much the bar hangs down, by welding it closer to the bolts, and mill down the tube's for the bolt, I bet clearance issues would be greatly reduced. (make it a beefier version of the one near the rear that crosses under the exhaust so to speak. And might as well make a better version of that too)
Old 12-31-2012, 01:36 AM
SL Member

Unfortunately, the amount the front bar can be raised is limited by the Exhaust. Any closer to the frame and it would definitely rattle / Rub , which personally drives me crazy ;) so we kept a bit of clearance in the design.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haven't been under mine since I put my catback on, so you're probably right. I was looking under it to see if there was room to make one at one point... But I got lazy :D
Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just ordered a set of the 3 bars today. Cant wait to get them and try them out. Prolly wont be back on the road til spring. I'll keep you all updated.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally a company that makes useful parts. I have been waiting for a long time for these suspension bits to be made.
Well I will be ordering the front and rear next paycheck and give a review on how they perform.

Cheers to TBPerformance for providing for the real enthusiast's out there.

Also just a side note but I'm a tech for Mazda here in Central florida. I think TB should try to offer some promotional suspension parts to Mazda Dealers and see what kind of feedback you get.

Just a thought because your parts look legit and can really bring more business your way.

Last edited by GUNNIST14; 01-14-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SsmoothyMonster
I can honestly say that these two braces are a great addition to anybody that is looking to improve their suspension and handling. I have firsthand experience with these two braces because I was there test car. I have had them on the car for about two weeks now and I have had no issue with them what so ever.
I am dropped all the way on Tien Super Street Pro’s with Pillowball Uppermount, a max drop of 2.72(inch) in the front and 2.64(inch) in the back, no clearance issues what so ever. The front brace in the picture looks like it is below the front main brace but it actually sits at the same level. The back brace it tucked under the car and nowhere near hitting the ground or any other piece of equipment.
As far as performance, striate line acceleration has improved as well as off the line; minimized wheal hop, getting the power to the ground. The biggest difference will be in cornering, that includes entry, during the turn, and exiting.
Overall increased grip, decreased in understeer, acceleration improved, and improved cornering. This is a great addition to the tC.
-SsmoothyMonster
Could you provide pictures outside of the car looking underneath or level with the ground so we can all have a good idea of how low they are installed?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where was I, when you needed a test vehicle? my TC sits 95% of the year anyways.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Scion Apocalypse
SL Member

Originally Posted by xdejablu3x
Could you provide pictures outside of the car looking underneath or level with the ground so we can all have a good idea of how low they are installed?

as requested here is the actual level the front bar sits at.

Name:  Frontunderbar_zps918cc424.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  2013-01-16_08-24-55_929.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  116.3 KB
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doesnt look super low. Not much, if any, lower than the s-pipe
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Perfect. I'm down to order a set of these.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TB Performance: Under Body Bracing... yeah we got em!