Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/)
-   -   What is the best quality strut bar and sway bar to get? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/what-best-quality-strut-bar-sway-bar-get-31826/)

jaggedjeremy 08-06-2005 09:46 PM

What is the best quality strut bar and sway bar to get?

I'm debating whether to get a Hotchkis Strut Bar, DC Sports, or GReddy. I'm not sure which one handles the best and if you guys can help me choose i'd appreciate it. Also, if i do get a strut bar, am i better off getting just a rear sway bar or both a front and rear sway? I was thinking TRD rear sway or the Hotchkis front and rear sway. I just want the best handling for my car.

ack154 08-06-2005 09:48 PM

Strut bar simply put: Buy it for looks. Any performance benefit at all would be negligible between each. So get the one you think looks the best with your car.

Sway bars... well, I'd like to pick up a set of Hotchkis sways. Really to match my springs. I've heard good things. But I also haven't heard anything bad about the TRD, so either way would probably be fine.

dieselstation 08-06-2005 09:50 PM

personally.. i like the DC strut bar. no moving parts for anything to loosen, and the welds are very nice. the entire bar is just.. A HULK!

TimmyT 08-06-2005 09:57 PM

Greddy wins hands down. The hotchkis bar along with the tanabe and others are laughable. They know the front strut bar on a FF car does nothing so they got a piece of aluminum slapped thier name on it and sell it to people for 80 bucks. it is purely cosmetic. And the greddy looks better than all by far. Greddy blue >*

motozen 08-06-2005 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Greddy wins hands down. The hotchkis bar along with the tanabe and others are laughable. They know the front strut bar on a FF car does nothing so they got a piece of aluminum slapped thier name on it and sell it to people for 80 bucks. it is purely cosmetic. And the greddy looks better than all by far. Greddy blue >*

um that is not exactly true. any brace for the strut towers is going to help keep the towers align over the stress of time.

remember all, the strut tower bar is and does not perform like a sway bar. They are completely different things. strut bars are to help keep things from 'bending and twisting' over time. sways are for cornering performance and helps keep the car rigid with less body roll.

jaggedjeremy 08-09-2005 11:49 PM

so what do u guys think of a front strut bar, monster motorworks reat strut bar, and a TRD sway bar? too much or just right?

dieselstation 08-10-2005 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by jaggedjeremy
so what do u guys think of a front strut bar, monster motorworks reat strut bar, and a TRD sway bar? too much or just right?

my personal opinion:

1. Front Strut Bar - DC. it's big and beefy and no moving parts to loosen
2. Sway Bars - Hotchkis. much stiffer and much more adjustable then the TRD
3. Rear Strut - um.. personally.. i doubt you will even need a rear strut bar on the tc. But if you do want one.. you might not feel it enough to warrant the $165 for the MMW one.

Schuller 08-10-2005 06:22 PM

Progress sway bar is killer. Got rid of just about all the body roll. No need for a front bar. Trouble free bar. Comes with high performance end link as well. Handles incredable especially if you have springs

NickSimcheck 08-13-2005 01:46 AM

I'm with Dieselstation...DC for strut.

audiobahntc 08-16-2005 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by dieselstation
personally.. i like the DC strut bar. no moving parts for anything to loosen, and the welds are very nice. the entire bar is just.. A HULK!

I second this as well. The DC is built to last. and it looks nice too. I'll be putting mine on soon.

Marshall 08-20-2005 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by dieselstation
my personal opinion:
1. Front Strut Bar - DC. it's big and beefy and no moving parts to loosen
2. Sway Bars - Hotchkis. much stiffer and much more adjustable then the TRD

^^^ I agree with the first two.

Remember that if you get a "Strut Bar" to jack the car up and lift the wheels off the ground before you install it. This is the proper technique when installing a strut bar and you will notice the difference if your a spirited driver.

BOXMAN 08-21-2005 03:58 AM

I would wait I am working with a company to develop a ton of things for the TC chasis. We are addressing a strut bar and it will be way different than anything out there. But it is up to you.

Somnambulated 08-21-2005 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by motozen

um that is not exactly true. any brace for the strut towers is going to help keep the towers align over the stress of time.

remember all, the strut tower bar is and does not perform like a sway bar. They are completely different things. strut bars are to help keep things from 'bending and twisting' over time. sways are for cornering performance and helps keep the car rigid with less body roll.

Thank you. I don't know how similar front strut tower braces are to rear ones, but I know for a fact the rear brace made a HUGE difference in cornering in my last car.

whoisdan 08-21-2005 10:13 AM

I am getting a Cusco Front strut bar and hotchkis front and rear sways.

Whocares05050 08-21-2005 02:35 PM

Do you have a PIC of what it looks like? post or pm me please i would like to see it considering there website dosnt show a picture