Notices

HELP! changed clutch now the steering seems to be totally disconnected!

Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 AM

Default HELP! changed clutch now the steering seems to be totally disconnected!

I changed the clutch and when to go test drive the car and the steering wheel feels as though its not connected to the rack or something like that. The steering wheel just spins freely. It must have got disconnected in the column somewhere in the engine bay before the rack.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Does anyone know the details of the column that can hypothesize what may have gotten disconnected?

When I was dropping the tranny, I unbolted the rack mounts from the subframe and then the steering ends from the hub area so I could drop the subframe outa the way to lower the transmission. With the subframe on the ground, the steering rack was suspended, being held up by its own column. Maybe the weight of the rack pulled some connection outa place in the column.

Thanks in advance for any help. I want to see if anyone can point me in the right direction before I go start pulling everything apart again.

Josh