Post Your Tire Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Originally Posted by pmw786
Anyone try out the Continental Extreme Contact DWS ($106 a piece) on a scion tc yet? my friend got them on his VW GLI and they are awesome but im not sure how it would be on a tc...the contiextremcontacts from last year did bad on the tcs cause they had a thin wall and the ride was mushy...

the general tire altimax HPs have great reviews on tirerack for 89 bucks a piece and do well in dry wet and snow, but im not too sure about the tread design...the tread design to the extreme contact dws is unique

any thoughts?

general tire altimax hp or continental extreme contact dws???
I just put on a pair of Continental DWS and am very pleased with the ride, very quite and smooth ride. I was looking for an all season with nice ride and that is what I got. I don't feel they give out in fast tight turns like others mentioned, but they do have a softer feel to them. The wet traction is amazing, stick like glue in heavy rain, haven't had any snow in PA this week to test them out, but from all the reviews if you take it easy should get me though just fine. Only done 500 miles on them so far , but am very pleased. Did cost me 611.00 out the door. My last pair were Kumho KH16 and though I did squeeze 40,000 miles out of them they had a lot of road noise and sucked in the snow and rain for an all season.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im happy with my dws also. Put them on and have had them on for 3k miles or so. Happy with dry and wet traction for a winter tire. Im in DE and hardly any snow either. I haven't driven them hard since its winter. In a straight line they break loose in boost noticably more than summer tires but that's expected (winter tire + cold roads). Ill probably get them again when these wear out.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Default Yokohama Avid Envigor

Yokohama Avid Envigor
Category: Ultra High Performance All-Season
Brand: Yokohama
Model: Envigor
Size: 215/45R17
Price: $135.00 ea. (est)
Car Miles: 20,000
Rating: 8

Bought the car with 45,500 and pretty new looking tires. Performance was outstanding. Cornering was sticky with no squealing. Road noise was ok. Tolerable but I attributed much of that to the car itself.
Our cars are very loud and not a lot of insulation. As the tires wore they definitely got louder....... and so did the radio.
Tire wear was horrible. Assuming the tires had 5,000 miles on them, I'm at 20k and they are shot. Fell way short of the 45,000 mile rating.

If it was summer or even early fall, i'd just try to get another 3,000 out of them but living in the Reno area, we have snow on the valley floor so it's time to throw on the Dunlop snow tires.

I spent one previous winter with the Yokos and snow grip was actually pretty good. Light rain was no problem and going through a massive summer downpour was very well handled.

But the NOISE. Can't deal with that anymore. Even the manufacturer description mentions nothing about quiet ride. A couple of pics to show the Yokos with about 25k. Time on the Yokos was short but fun.

Notice the wear bars.

Time for the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus

I'll post some info once I get some miles on them.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 AM

No one else has posted any reviews in a year ???????

Really?