Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Tow Hook License plate for 2015!

Old 05-17-2016, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool Tow Hook License plate for 2015!

Hey Team!

Finally got my black & yellow 1960's CA plates! While waiting almost 3 months, I had to order TWO kits for my car and I can't seem to find a kit that fits 2015 Tc's.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction for kits that will for sure fit 2015?
Old 05-17-2016, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CAtC12
Hey Team!

Finally got my black & yellow 1960's CA plates! While waiting almost 3 months, I had to order TWO kits for my car and I can't seem to find a kit that fits 2015 Tc's.

Still waiting on my custom black and yellow plates.. Forgot when I ordered them but was def at least a 2 months ago.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction for kits that will for sure fit 2015?
I got the craven speed one and it didn't fit either. Only by about 1/2 inch or so tho.. So I just used a new longer stainless steel bolt with about 5 washers or so and it fits perfectly and hasn't budged for the 4 months I've had it. I have a 2016 btw.

Still waiting for my black and yellow plates, I ordered those at least 2 months ago..
Old 05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_toph
I got the craven speed one and it didn't fit either. Only by about 1/2 inch or so tho.. So I just used a new longer stainless steel bolt with about 5 washers or so and it fits perfectly and hasn't budged for the 4 months I've had it. I have a 2016 btw.

Still waiting for my black and yellow plates, I ordered those at least 2 months ago..
Did you end up not using the craven kit & making your own custom one? or did you add your own custom parts to the craven? I have no preference on how close the plate is to the car. actually, the closer the better for me.

I had ordered my plates at the end of March and they arrived yesterday. they seem popular, I'm sure a lot of people are ordering them now.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you end up not using the craven kit & making your own custom one? or did you add your own custom parts to the craven? I have no preference on how close the plate is to the car. actually, the closer the better for me.

I had ordered my plates at the end of March and they arrived yesterday. they seem popular, I'm sure a lot of people are ordering them now.
I used the Craven speed kit and added additional parts to it (5x washers and a longer bolt). The good thing about using washers is you can make it as far or close as you want to your bumper, mine is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch or so away.. Make sure you leave a little space for it to flex when going over large bumps, don't want to scratch your bumper cause you mounted it too close..

Dang i just checked and i ordered mine on march 30th, did you get custom letters/numbers or you just got your same plates but in the black and yellow?
Old 05-17-2016, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_toph
I used the Craven speed kit and added additional parts to it (5x washers and a longer bolt). The good thing about using washers is you can make it as far or close as you want to your bumper, mine is about 1/4 - 1/2 inch or so away.. Make sure you leave a little space for it to flex when going over large bumps, don't want to scratch your bumper cause you mounted it too close..

Dang i just checked and i ordered mine on march 30th, did you get custom letters/numbers or you just got your same plates but in the black and yellow?
oh right on. so that kit will fit my car, it will just be super closer to the bumper unless I add some washers?

my plates are normal. I was surprised they still took that long even tho i didn't get anything custom on them
Old 05-17-2016, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh right on. so that kit will fit my car, it will just be super closer to the bumper unless I add some washers?

my plates are normal. I was surprised they still took that long even tho i didn't get anything custom on them
No it won't fit without washers. It will be rubbing on your bumper badly. Might be able to reuse the original bolt it comes with but you definitely will need at least a few washers to push it past the bumper.

Actually if you ordered them at the end of March and already got them that's pretty good. On the dmv website it says 8-12 weeks usually.

Last edited by tC_toph; 05-17-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know where I can get the OEM front license plate kit from? anywhere besides the dealership!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:09 PM

Did you ever get your tow hook kit?
Old 09-13-2016, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigzee19
Did you ever get your tow hook kit?
I never did. I didn't want to waste money on something that seemed too new. I'm still waiting to see if anyone found a legit tow hook kit..