Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Front Windshield Rattle?

Old 06-22-2017, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

Default Front Windshield Rattle?

Hey guys, I have a question. I have a 2012 tC. As of few days ago I noticed a very annoying rattle which sounds like it's coming from the outside of my car (sounds like at the bottom of the windshield). When I go over 40mph it comes on... I tried turning on and off my AC and nothing... When I have my windshield wipers on the rattle goes away. Does anyone know what it is? I can't seem to find anything loose... only 60K on the car.. it's really annoying. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:00 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by halo_tc
Hey guys, I have a question. I have a 2012 tC. As of few days ago I noticed a very annoying rattle which sounds like it's coming from the outside of my car (sounds like at the bottom of the windshield). When I go over 40mph it comes on... I tried turning on and off my AC and nothing... When I have my windshield wipers on the rattle goes away. Does anyone know what it is? I can't seem to find anything loose... only 60K on the car.. it's really annoying. Thanks in advance!
I Suggest you Check Out: Vibration, rattling, noise in the dash...

Some Members are Reporting it is coming from the Windshield area on highway speeds. There are some important clues.

Hope this Helps.

MR_LUV

Old 06-22-2017, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member

It is the exact same noise that Maverick was having. Here's his video:
He said, he would report back but he never did. I also at first thought it was coming from AC vents. Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it? It really makes you want to shoot yourself after 5 minutes...

Search this Thread