Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-aero-exterior-1825/)
-   -   How illegal are Red Daytime Running Lights, and Plate Lights ? NY (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-aero-exterior-1825/how-illegal-red-daytime-running-lights-plate-lights-ny-228563/)

empirexbx 07-16-2014 03:14 PM

How illegal are Red Daytime Running Lights, and Plate Lights ? NY

Hello everyone, question is in the tittle, anyone from New York that would have an insight to this? I live in Long Island if that helps.

I've been behind a few cops already with my red running lights on, and the only light that comes out the housing are my 6000k hids.

I also want Red Plate Lights to match the front for when parked, what do you guys think ?

___

KILLER 07-17-2014 03:28 AM

Red and Deep Blue are illegal in every state Period
My neighbor is a Highway Patrol for Florida and he warned me about the blue LED
parking lights i had on my car. Avoid yourself the headache. Soon that time will come when you will
See flickering red and blue lights pulling you over.

KidJustin 07-17-2014 02:46 PM

red is only legal if its in the rear
white is only legal if its in the front (with the exception of the reverse light)
amber is legal anywhere

"6000k" isn't blue, it's actually white. and legal

all other colors are illegal. and the measurment of illegalness is the same across the board

G5_TC 07-18-2014 05:11 PM

yep like everyone else said.. i have my red light in the sockets.. they are all just unplugged.. i did get pulled over for having them on the sides behind the orange piece... oh the dumb look on his face when i told them those are stock lights along with showing him the blue light up emblem haha still got a fix it ticket tho. but some point in time im going to put everything on switches then i can have them off while driving.

Thatguyaknow 07-18-2014 10:29 PM

According to a friend of mine who is a State Trooper red is fine for DRLs but blue is a no-go since only police are allowed to have blue lights. This is in Louisiana so its probably different for you in NY, but i know that red is ok in someplaces.

empirexbx 07-18-2014 11:07 PM

Thank you all for your responses I really appreciate it, I'm going to cross my fingers and see what happens. @G5_TC unplugging them is a great idea, I'll do that if the boys say anything.

G5_TC 07-29-2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by empirexbx (Post 4154366)
Thank you all for your responses I really appreciate it, I'm going to cross my fingers and see what happens. @G5_TC unplugging them is a great idea, I'll do that if the boys say anything.

You can get away with the side lights that are behind the orange reflectors being red. and kinda on the front ones (between the headlight and turn lights) if you have really bright HIDs.
But yea I don't care to risk if for my sake. But I do have them in just unplugged (only takes a couple secs to plug in)

but for 11-13 tC with the side marker lights i was running red in there all the time cause you cant see them with HIDs on.