Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-aero-exterior-1825/)
-   -   I got a chubby....I mean stubby (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-aero-exterior-1825/i-got-chubby-i-mean-stubby-221488/)

DermalsNmohawks 03-05-2013 06:30 AM

I got a chubby....I mean stubby

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked this up today, it if for matrix, rav4 and I also think venza but fits perfectly.

pyroman131 03-05-2013 01:20 PM

REDACTED

o TaGGeD o 03-05-2013 01:24 PM

I'm running an agency power antenna on mine

scionducati 03-05-2013 11:02 PM

some more shot of the wing/lip overall please....

DermalsNmohawks 03-05-2013 11:45 PM

With the antenna or just the wing? It is a oem spoiler

rsingh216 03-06-2013 01:24 AM

Where did you get the antenna?

D_Thissen 03-06-2013 01:25 AM

Dont know if you wanna brag about having a stubby ;)

Lmao

DermalsNmohawks 03-06-2013 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by rsingh216 (Post 4093724)
Where did you get the antenna?

I got it at the toyota/scion dealership. Yes, I could have bought one online for 10 $ but then I would probably pay more in shipping and cross border fees/taxes than the antenna itself and so it would probably end up being close to 30 dollars or more.

biglilsteve 03-06-2013 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The OEM Honda S2000 antenna is also a very popular choice for replacement antennas. The base of the S2000 antenna also matches up better with our car's antenna base. Here's mine:

Attachment 29829

DermalsNmohawks 03-06-2013 05:06 PM

Is that where the sirius satellite box goes? I want satellite radio but do not want to put it there because some _______ could cut the wire.

biglilsteve 03-06-2013 05:47 PM

Yes, that is where the OEM Toyota instructions have the antenna placed. This is not the Toyota satellite option though. Toyota offered only XM at the time...I didn't like their channel lineup as much.

So I went with the Sirius SCC1 Connect + the Audiovox SIR-TOY1 interface translator for our head unit. It functions just like factory. For wayyy cheaper too.

I just followed the satellite radio installation instructions found on trdsparks. You definitely want to route the antenna to that location for the best reception...either way it's going to be exposed to potential jackasses who might want to steal it. Just like any jackass can walk up to your car and unscrew your brand new stubby antenna.

If anyone wanted to steal your satellite antenna by cutting the cord, they'll just have a useless piece of hardware. It still requires the cord and satellite tuner box to function. Anyone cutting the cord would just be doing it to be mean. I've had mine installed for well over a year now and it has not budged an at all. The magnet holds great.

DermalsNmohawks 03-06-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by biglilsteve (Post 4093878)
Yes, that is where the OEM Toyota instructions have the antenna placed. This is not the Toyota satellite option though. Toyota offered only XM at the time...I didn't like their channel lineup as much.

So I went with the Sirius SCC1 Connect + the Audiovox SIR-TOY1 interface translator for our head unit. It functions just like factory. For wayyy cheaper too.

I just followed the satellite radio installation instructions found on trdsparks. You definitely want to route the antenna to that location for the best reception...either way it's going to be exposed to potential jackasses who might want to steal it. Just like any jackass can walk up to your car and unscrew your brand new stubby antenna.

If anyone wanted to steal your satellite antenna by cutting the cord, they'll just have a useless piece of hardware. It still requires the cord and satellite tuner box to function. Anyone cutting the cord would just be doing it to be mean. I've had mine installed for well over a year now and it has not budged an at all. The magnet holds great.

I see what you mean but, an antenna looks subtle and does not stick out of the car or attract as much attention as the satellite box. I just think greater chance of a jackass cutting wire on box than taking antenna.

biglilsteve 03-06-2013 06:32 PM

The main point you should have taken from my post is that the chances of someone cutting it are slim to none. They will just have a useless piece of plastic. They won't be able to do anything with it because it still requres a cord and satellite tuner box in order to function before they can even think about using it with their radio. There is no benefit from stealing it. At least with the antenna they could take it and screw it onto their own car.

KidJustin 03-06-2013 06:32 PM

i've heard more stories of people steal screw on/off antennas than cutting satellite antenna wires

biglilsteve 03-06-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by KidJustin (Post 4093887)
i've heard more stories of people steal screw on/off antennas than cutting satellite antenna wires

This.

I know a specific member on this forum that bragged about stealing an S2000 antenna.

D_Thissen 03-06-2013 07:40 PM

Why do people feel the need to steal someone else's belongings? *shakes head*

KidJustin 03-06-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by biglilsteve (Post 4093888)
This.

I know a specific member on this forum that bragged about stealing an S2000 antenna.

I remember those days...sad times

Originally Posted by D_Thissen (Post 4093902)
Why do people feel the need to steal someone else's belongings? *shakes head*

this. so much this...whether you steal for a living and own a chop shop....or u steal something one time....its always bad because it always means it inconveniences someone else. #norespect

(yea i just hashtag'd, and what? lol 8))

DermalsNmohawks 03-06-2013 08:19 PM

I want to install hidden cameras with audio and motion trackers in my car equiped with night vision for possible situations like this but, it would probably cost alot. Has anyone you guys know had this done before?

KidJustin 03-06-2013 09:02 PM

a little paranoid don't you think? I thought Canada was suppose to be nicer/safer. esp BC..i always hear its so beautiful with so many trees

just install an electric shock alarm. anyone that touches it when they are supposed to get shocked LOL that would be fun

DermalsNmohawks 03-06-2013 11:40 PM

Or better yet an inspector gadget self destruct mechanism :)