Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Stock Daytime Running Light (DRL) Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wolfman_matt
In reading through this thread it looks like the Canadian tC's have a different green relay - am I reading that right and has anybody confirmed that you can't just replace the US relay with a Canadian to get the DRL's working? Thanks Matt
I'm not clear on exactly what you are asking, but you'd need the relay block underneath with some wire attached. It is replaceable but you'd have to open up the fuse box. Most places will not be willing to do that for you without you consenting to voiding your warranty. I got a salvage fuse box from a US spec Prius c and took the relay, relay block, and wiring out of it. My next task is to open up my fuse box....

Do you know someone capable/willing to open up your fuse box. It is layered... Wiring wise it is not hard to figure out. I was a CECS student in college and my EE101 project had more wires. I'm just not good at soldering. (I may use crimp connectors.)
Old 05-29-2014, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks jzchen - just looking for a way to get DRL's and I don't want to get into fuse box.

How about this kit below? Wonder if I can just hook up my LED's to this thing and have DRL's?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1J30GZ9571
Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks jzchen - just looking for a way to get DRL's and I don't want to get into fuse box.

How about this kit below? Wonder if I can just hook up my LED's to this thing and have DRL's?

Looks nice and simple enough. I personally don't want to go through the hassle of mounting another set of lights.

It seems that ZEEZ sells them directly here:

http://www.zeezlighting.com/product/...-relay-harness

I'm not sure which place may be cheaper over all.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's another kit out there by SET (South East Toyota) you might be interested in: 00016-79021. It mounts LEDs in the fog light positions if you do not have fog lights, it seems.

Sorry, the part number I listed is specifically for a 2012/2013. It does not mention 2014.

I took a peek at the EWD, it shows that the DRL on a '14 tC runs the turn signal bulbs...

Last edited by jzchen; 05-30-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Wrong model year.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you don't mind halogen bulbs as DRLs, why not make your fogs as DRLs?
Not on low volt but still on all the time.

Originally Posted by jzchen
There's another kit out there by SET (South East Toyota) you might be interested in: 00016-79021. It mounts LEDs in the fog light positions if you do not have fog lights, it seems.

Sorry, the part number I listed is specifically for a 2012/2013. It does not mention 2014.

I took a peek at the EWD, it shows that the DRL on a '14 tC runs the turn signal bulbs...
Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member

Looks nice and simple enough. I personally don't want to go through the hassle of mounting another set of lights.

http://www.zeezlighting.com/product/...-relay-harness

I also do not want to mount additional lights...is it feasible to splice in the OEM LED's into this kit? Thanks Matt
Old 07-25-2014, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member

zeez-lighting - LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) Automatic Control On/Off Relay Harness

Actually you could use the above piece and us a replacement 7440 Switchback LED, then you'll have swithbacks and DRL's. Below a link to one of many Switchback LED places. Just make sure you get ones that replaces your turn signal bulb witch is a 7440 if im not mistaken

iJDMTOY Switchback LED For Turn Signal Lights and Parking Lights