Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

tC2 <> tC2.5 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:30 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC2 <> tC2.5 Conversion

Since there are a bajillion threads and posts popping up now asking how interchange able the parts between the tC2 (2011-2013) and the tC2.5 (2014-2016), primarily the exterior stuff.

*Disclaimer: These are only based of visual observations, until someone actually attempts the conversion(s) this is not confirmed.

The basic premise going into this conversion is "All or nothing"

Front End:

Changes:

Headlights- Its obvious that the new design fits with the new body lines of the front bumper. What isn't as obvious is that the new design is not as tall as the tC2 and the new hood comes down a couple inches more.
The bulbs are also a different size now, 9006 (vs the 11-13 being H11). Also the projector lens is smaller 2.5" (vs the 11-13 having 3").

Hood- As noted above, the hood comes down more to sit flush with the new design of the headlights (and bumper, look at the upper grill where the scion logo is). When you compare the the tC2 hood, it ends flush with where the front of the fenders end; the tC2.5 goes beyond.

Bumper- A new bumper will also need new upper and lower grills (obvious). Fits with the new headlights and hood (obvious). There are now LEDs in the bumper, you would need to find a way to wire those up to the electrical system since the tC2 has no such connection (assumption).
And the fog lights look new too, but I would assume wiring them would be similar if not the same as the tC2.

Conclusion: All front end changes have designs that connect with each other. If you want one you need to do them all or face some sort of (body) modifications/fabrications. Even the bulb size is different between the tC2 and the tC2.5 The only thing that looks the same between the two...Scion emblem.

Rear End:

Changes:

Taillights- Other than the new LED style, it looks exactly the same right? Wrong. The shape appears the same, but its shorter. By comparison look at how the bottom of the tC2 taillights sits flush with the end of the trunk lid. Now look at the tC2.5 taillights, it ends a couple inches high of where the trunk lid ends. (Hopefully bolting these on wont be too different, cause if the holes don't line up then there is a headache more changes that would need to be made, possibly to the framing)

Bumper- Completely redesign bumper, but the clips will probably attach the same way. But as noted above, the taillights are shorter and thus the tC2.5 bumper would have to make up the gap. Maybe you can get the tC2.5 bumper and trim it to fit with the tC2 taillights? Or do some modifications to fill the gap if you want the tC2.5 taillights with the tC2 bumper?

Conclusion: Just like the front end, the rear end has new designs that tie into each other. But since they appear to be less drastic than the front, modifications might be easier when mixing tC2 with tC2.5 (as long as the tC2.5 taillights easily bolt onto the tC2 frame).

*Administrator's Note: This Thread is now Closed. It has been Seceded by the New>> Sticky Scion tC 2.0 to 2.5 (2014) Front Conversion <<Please Post any New Questions there.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-14-2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Insert New Photos for Expired Photos by Administrator
Old 06-29-2013, 01:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do the new tC's headlights have a built in servo to allow for hi/lo beams both from the projector? Kinda like bi-xenon without the xenon? Bi-halogen?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I just bought a new tC 2.5 and it does have the servo. It's one single bulb 9012 55W my question is has anyone had any experience with HID kits for this? Also any recommendations on what type of HID kit I should get?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2013, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member

Is it just me or the new tC 2.5 looks like a Prius lol.... But I like the tail lights though haha
Old 07-08-2013, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oralallen82
I just bought a new tC 2.5 and it does have the servo. It's one single bulb 9012 55W my question is has anyone had any experience with HID kits for this? Also any recommendations on what type of HID kit I should get?

Thanks

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=36171

I would recommend these. Great customer service and their products look/feel very well put together. There are threads on aero/exterior about HID's as well if you want to see other opinions.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oralallen82

Thanks
I have a 2014 tC. I put 9006 55w HID's in mine the 9006 bulb fits with a little playing around with it. But u do need a 55w kit cause the 35w kit isnt strong enough. I bought mine from DDM Tuning. They were around $50 shipped with a lifetime warranty.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
Since there are a bajillion threads and posts popping up now asking how interchange able the parts between the tC2 (2011-2013) and the tC2.5 (2014+), primarily the exterior stuff.

*Disclaimer: These are only based of visual observations, until someone actually attempts the conversion(s) this is not confirmed.

The basic premise going into this conversion is "All or nothing"

Front End:
Changes:
Headlights- Its obvious that the new design fits with the new body lines of the front bumper. What isn't as obvious is that the new design is not as tall as the tC2 and the new hood comes down a couple inches more. The bulbs are also a different size now, 9006 (vs the 11-13 being H11). Also the projector lens is smaller 2.5" (vs the 11-13 having 3").
Hood- As noted above, the hood comes down more to sit flush with the new design of the headlights (and bumper, look at the upper grill where the scion logo is). When you compare the the tC2 hood, it ends flush with where the front of the fenders end; the tC2.5 goes beyond.
Bumper- A new bumper will also need new upper and lower grills (obvious). Fits with the new headlights and hood (obvious). There are now LEDs in the bumper, you would need to find a way to wire those up to the electrical system since the tC2 has no such connection (assumption). And the fog lights look new too, but I would assume wiring them would be similar if not the same as the tC2.
Conclusion: All front end changes have designs that connect with each other. If you want one you need to do them all or face some sort of (body) modifications/fabrications. Even the bulb size is different between the tC2 and the tC2.5 The only thing that looks the same between the two...Scion emblem.

Rear End:
Changes:
Taillights- Other than the new LED style, it looks exactly the same right? Wrong. The shape appears the same, but its shorter. By comparison look at how the bottom of the tC2 taillights sits flush with the end of the trunk lid. Now look at the tC2.5 taillights, it ends a couple inches high of where the trunk lid ends. (Hopefully bolting these on wont be too different, cause if the holes don't line up then there is a headache more changes that would need to be made, possibly to the framing)
Bumper- Completely redesign bumper, but the clips will probably attach the same way. But as noted above, the taillights are shorter and thus the tC2.5 bumper would have to make up the gap. Maybe you can get the tC2.5 bumper and trim it to fit with the tC2 taillights? Or do some modifications to fill the gap if you want the tC2.5 taillights with the tC2 bumper?
Conclusion: Just like the front end, the rear end has new designs that tie into each other. But since they appear to be less drastic than the front, modifications might be easier when mixing tC2 with tC2.5 (as long as the tC2.5 taillights easily bolt onto the tC2 frame).

Hey buddy I will greatly appreciate if you answer me as soon as possible! I am about to buy some projectors to my 2014 Scion tC.
I just want confirmation from you that the projector lens size is in fact 2.5 inches. If that is the case I'll order my kit right now!

Thanks a lot bro!

_____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-01-2020 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no confirmation other than what information I have found/given to me. It would be best to ask someone with a tC2.5 (or measure your own).
Old 01-13-2014, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

The thing is I don't find anyone with a 2.5 tC and in order to measure it I have to open up the full headlight housing and I do not want to do that unless I am swapping new projectors in. Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member

New hood, light, bumper, dribs and drabs....

And we had tC 2.5

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-01-2020 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 12-01-2014, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member

im looking into converting mine but I cant find any 2014+ OEM parts in the US. At least not online.

Anybody have any information on where to find tC2.5 OEM parts?

Thanks

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-01-2020 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 12-09-2014, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dealer...
Old 03-06-2015, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member

so with this conversion i can see that the fenders are the same ?
Old 04-03-2015, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member

hello again ? can you answer me ? are the 2011-2013 fenders the same as the 2014 ? cause i just bust my passenger side fenders ... a **** backed in me and leave a nice long bump in it ...
Old 04-04-2015, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by camicaz7
hello again ? can you answer me ? are the 2011-2013 fenders the same as the 2014 ? cause i just bust my passenger side fenders ... a **** backed in me and leave a nice long bump in it ...
Hello
Yes the fenders is the same.
You need new hood, head light, lamp for head light and bumper with grill.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have a 15 rear bumper, but I think I would rather do the front end conversion and leave the 2011 rear end... I haven't decided yet.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:02 PM

Default Conversion

Did you have to do any modifications to make the tC2 fit the 2.5 bumper, hood, lights
Old 01-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by w1th
New hood, light, bumper, dribs and drabs....

And we had tC 2.5

Did u have to do any modifications?

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-01-2020 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 PM

Hey guys, I need a little help... I'm in the process doing this conversion with my RS8.0. I just need to know how to work the hi-beams since the 2013 has 2 separate bulbs and the 2014 has 2 in 1. I have the harnesses and the HID kit, so when I put it all together, is my hi-beams going to work as the 2014 does? Thanks, would like to hear back soon since all I need is my hood.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:07 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by highfromchai
Hey guys, I need a little help... I'm in the process doing this conversion with my RS8.0. I just need to know how to work the hi-beams since the 2013 has 2 separate bulbs and the 2014 has 2 in 1. I have the harnesses and the HID kit, so when I put it all together, is my hi-beams going to work as the 2014 does? Thanks, would like to hear back soon since all I need is my hood.
I can't say on your 2013. And there are way too many different HID Manufacturers out there to make a guess. The Presumption is that the HID Kit should work like your 2013 and not a tC2.5 (2014-2016).

Your Best Bet is to Contact your HID Vendors Customer Service or Tech Support. Unless they sent you the wrong kit. You will have to Contact them anyway if it doesn't work out or you have to Return the Item.

MR_LUV

Quick Reply: tC2 <> tC2.5 Conversion