Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit w/ Prolite Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 04:51 AM

Default ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit w/ Prolite Flywheel

A couple months ago I decided to upgrade the clutch in my 2016 tC2. I went with the ACT Heavy Duty kit that comes with a Performance Street Disc and HD pressure plate. Paired that up with a XACT Prolite flywheel and 1500 miles after the install I'm writing this review. A friend and I dropped the transmission and got everything in within two afternoons following a step by step forum working on it after work. I knew what i was in for going with a more "grippy" clutch but it has just enough extra bite to not make daily driving a pain in the a** for me. The main reason i chose to upgrade was for future turbo plans and ACT claims this set up can hold up to 310 ft lbs of torque so it should be able to take a beating and withstand what will be thrown at it soon. During the break in period there was alot of clutch chatter but after about 500 miles it completely went away. With the prolite flywheel you definitely feel the extra bit of quickness running through the RPMs as i read that on a forum beforehand and was surprised to find that true. As far as the clutch pedal it is not any easier or harder to push and it grabs around the same spot as it did before. Overall not a crazy drastic difference compared to the oem clutch but personally I like the extra bit of quicker engagement and peace of mind knowing this clutch is going to last me a while. I read several good reviews on different brands of aftermarket clutches for the tc2 but decided to jump the gun on ACT and was not disappointed. More on my build will be posted soon. Feel free to leave any questions more then happy to go into details on anything just wanted to post a quick write up.
Attached Thumbnails ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit w/ Prolite Flywheel-img_0107.jpg   ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit w/ Prolite Flywheel-img_0108.jpg   ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit w/ Prolite Flywheel-img_3667.jpg  

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-02-2017 at 03:37 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-2017, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered the act 500lb xtss and prolite fly since im boosted. Hopefully the chatter go away like you. Im installing it next week.