Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/)
-   -   CNT full catback (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/cnt-full-catback-228133/)

HOODedDutchman 05-31-2014 01:26 AM

CNT full catback

So my catback arrived today. Really like it. Quality is nice fitment is dam near perfect. Could of used some washers for bolt side of the connections and I couldn't get the flex seal over the stock s pipe. Maybe it's supposed to be forced on but I don't know how that would work without destroying it. The outlet of s pipe was at least a couple mm too big. Anyways just used the stock one and it was no issue. Perfectly sealed so far. I'll just buy a new stock one from toyota if I ever have any issue I guess. Sound really good tho. Haven't had a chance to really red line it yet but I got a long drive to work sunday. I'll post up some pics tomorrow after the cars clean.

Scorch3 05-31-2014 02:21 PM

I have a CNT axle back and I'd say the same thing basically. The gasket was weird as hell and I ended up having to use the OEM one to make it seal. The bolts that came with it were also junk, I tried to torque it to the specs from the TRD axle back install instructions and the threads stripped. Quality of the exhaust itself is quite good though, and it sounds awesome if a bit quiet.

HOODedDutchman 05-31-2014 02:26 PM

I had no issue at all with the rest of the seals only the flex one where it attaches to the s pipe. It's different when your trying to connect to stock midpipe tho. Bolts were fine for me. I didn't torque them because mine didn't come with any instructions. Just Cranked them as tight as I could and they didn't break.

ovilla86 06-09-2014 06:55 AM

Probably a noob question but do you guys know if it will pass emissions in California or will it be like the tsudo and be off road only

HOODedDutchman 06-09-2014 02:42 PM

Exactly like tsudo it removes secondary cat. While I'm not from there i believe that means you'd fail emissions.

ovilla86 06-09-2014 06:11 PM

That sucks... gonna have to move to another state lol. Do you think the axle back would sound the same as the catback and sound wise would it be just as loud as the tsudo??? I've looked on you tube but can't find an axleback or a good enough clip for the cnt

HOODedDutchman 06-09-2014 06:14 PM

The only video i found on YouTube is the axle back. I don't think it sounds the greatest. At high rpm it becomes quite raspy without the secondary cat. Thinking about keeping midpipe and throwing stock muffler back on to see how it sounds. The axle back would sound very good tho. Even with mine after the muffler gets warm that bit of rasp seems to go away. I dunno I'm kind of up and down about what i want to do. I'll see how it sounds with my intake.

ovilla86 06-10-2014 10:44 PM

Post a drive by video if you get a chance would like to hear how it sounds

uhsentc 06-28-2014 06:07 AM

or better yet, post a dyno since the company fails to do so.