Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Cold Air Intakes for tC 2G & 2.5G that don't throw Check Engine Light...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by KazooLuna
how does that Dezod header and TRD axle sound together? Raspy at all?

MR_LUV
Old 10-09-2022, 11:39 AM

sooooo, I actually been having those problems recently with my 2014, I also had bought the short ram injen intake (had 0 issues other than the hot air being sucked in having a little bit of power reduction) and the AFE Takeda cai, one two things happened:

1. I gained the most power out of the cai, however im using premium gas and my gas mileage is TERRIBLE! 21.8MPG (I DRIVE FAST TOO)

2. it threw a p0171(running lean) code and said my maf sensor had needed to be replaced (I had just bought a new one) I assumed it needed to be tuned since the computer didn't know how to measure the increased air coming in??? I checked everywhere for leaks, found nothing. I bought a tuner off Amazon and ceL went off by its self and I haven't had any problems since.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Allen347
sooooo, I actually been having those problems recently with my 2014, I also had bought the short ram injen intake (had 0 issues other than the hot air being sucked in having a little bit of power reduction) and the AFE Takeda cai, one two things happened:

1. I gained the most power out of the cai, however im using premium gas and my gas mileage is TERRIBLE! 21.8MPG (I DRIVE FAST TOO)

2. it threw a p0171(running lean) code and said my maf sensor had needed to be replaced (I had just bought a new one) I assumed it needed to be tuned since the computer didn't know how to measure the increased air coming in??? I checked everywhere for leaks, found nothing. I bought a tuner off Amazon and ceL went off by its self and I haven't had any problems since.
WTH is a tuner from Amazon?

Is your car tuned for premium? If not, then you're just throwing away efficiency and power since it can't burn it completely. Run 87 if not tuned for 91. I'm FBO and OV Tuned for 91 and I only get 22.3 mpg average (+1 mpg from pre-tune). These cars suck in the city for mpg.

Never had any CEL's from my Injen SRI, I did build a heat shield for it though that lowered my IAT by 20 degrees. I also made one for the cat on my Dezod green header and that dropped coolant temps and the AC felt colder immediately afterwards.