Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/)
-   -   Do you think the Scion tC2 are Slow stock? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/do-you-think-scion-tc2-slow-stock-228981/)

greytc 08-30-2014 02:07 AM

Do you think the Scion tC2 are Slow stock?

I picked my 2013 Scion tC last year I've had 4 cars prior to this one all of them used this tC was brand new when I first got it I thought it was OK speed wise compared to my other cars but sometimes I think going against other cars now which seems like my car
should be a lot faster they say it has 180 hp or so I know turbo charging it would be tons of fun I'm looking on getting the Dezod kit for myself in 6-8 months I was just wondering if anyone else thought that the tC in stock form was a little slower than it should be.

Thanks.

____

Red2014tC 08-30-2014 02:14 AM

Newer cars can be relatively heavy, mine measures in at about 1500KG or so with my subs and me I in it. Little Hondas and older tuners are quite a bit lighter in some cases than our cars.
I think part of it is the amount of reinforcement in place to increase safety (door beams for example). The tC isn't exactly a small car either. It is fast enough to have some fun, but certainly not a race car lol.

____

greytc 08-30-2014 02:29 AM

ya thanks I just wanted another persons view

unsungfate 08-30-2014 11:36 PM

Oh yeah, stock tC's are slooooow... they are pretty quick, but they are slooooow.. still a fun car though and if you have the money, it could be fast.

____

KKWL 09-02-2014 04:42 PM

Well if I was to compare my tC 2.5 to my Dad's Ford Escape mines "feels" faster and more fun to drive haha.

I love revving my tC in the 2nd gear up to 5K RPM before I upshift get to hear that Camry engine roar but I've yet to push it closer to 6K RPM since I don't want to risk damaging the engine but my car is pretty much broken in since I've had it.

azztinthebox 09-02-2014 05:35 PM

one word. YES

biglilsteve 09-05-2014 03:44 PM

Yeah, I mean the car weighs well over 3000 pounds and has well less than 200 hp. Naturally it won't be a "fast" car. That wasn't Toyota's intention. They just wanted to produce an inexpensive car that looks kinda cool, has some standard features that the younger generation will like, and has enough power to merge onto the freeway without much trouble. They succeeded.

breakingcontact 09-06-2014 01:08 PM

Its reasonably fun to drive with the manual but its not a fast car.
My Corolla XRS was faster at 170 hp and 2700 pounds.

I got the tC as I was not impressed with the FRS for $7000 more.

_____

TcFern 09-07-2014 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by KKWL (Post 4157007)
Well if I was to compare my tC 2.5 to my Dad's Ford Escape mines "feels" faster and more fun to drive haha.

I love revving my tC in the 2nd gear up to 5K RPM before I upshift get to hear that Camry engine roar but I've yet to push it closer to 6K RPM since I don't want to risk damaging the engine but my car is pretty much broken in since I've had it.

I don't want to encourage illegal behavior but these Camry engines are built soild so hitting 6k won't hurt it. :icon_smile: Haha now that doesn't mean you should sit there with your foot to the peddle crushing the rev limiter.

punch10001 09-07-2014 08:41 PM

I've owned 2 tCs already and I love my car. But I didn't buy it because it was fast.

If you plan on buying a tC for its speed you're going to be saaaaadd Panda.

____

biglilsteve 09-07-2014 09:18 PM

^

or broke panda from all the modding you'd need to do.

greytc 09-07-2014 10:08 PM

ya I hear good and bad stuff but from what I hear a turbo kit would be a world of a difference im lookin to get the dezod kit early next year I agree it is kinda costly but I don't care I see fast scions on youtube all the time and chris rado time attack tc put over 900 hp from what I hear but I do agree they are slow stock well mine is anyway but if you do it right I don't see why it cant be a fast reasonable car turbocharging it i might dump a lot into my car if the turbo kit is fast we'll see next year. THANKS