Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/)
-   -   How long does the OEM battery last? (2015 Scion tC) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-drivetrain-power-1826/how-long-does-oem-battery-last-2015-scion-tc-236707/)

AbdelMajeed 11-19-2018 05:21 PM

How long does the OEM battery last? (2015 Scion tC)

Hey guys,
I recently went to get my battery checked at several locations (Autozone, O'Reilly, Advance Autoparts) and some places told me battery is bad other(s) told me it was good - its been in the car since 2015 and hasn't been changed.
I am not getting assuring signals telling me its time for it to be changed so I wanted to hear out from you guys - how long did your OEM battery last?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

MR_LUV 11-19-2018 06:42 PM

I have a 2015 tC RS 9.0 and the Original OEM battery was still running Strong and Good after 3 years of use.
But, being Pro-Active on Safety, I Always Replace my Battery EVERY 3 years whether it needs it or not
regardless of Warranty. Unlike others, I don't run my battery to End of of Life. I don't want surprises and can
afford a New Battery every 3 years. It's cheap insurance, IMHO.

Are Replacement Batteries all terrible or is it just me?

MR_LUV

Manualsonly 11-20-2018 03:16 PM

I have a 2014, which i bought in Dec of 2013. My original battery is still going strong even through northeast winters.

Kar98 12-04-2018 03:07 PM

The OEM battery (12/2010) in my 2011 lasted until August 2017. Texas car.

FreedomPenguin 12-13-2018 03:40 PM

2012 here, oem battery 150k miles worked just fine. Just changed it Bc they had a 30 dollar off new Toyota battery same one cans with for 80 bucks. Turned over every time, powers my stereo system and 4 hid’s as well along w my remote start and alarm system

they told me the battery only has like 400 something number from the test so recommended testing but started even in zero and negatives without struggle

Worth it
i won’t not use genuine Toyota parts and batteries

drizzoh 12-17-2018 05:13 PM

Opposite experience here with the OEM Toyota battery. Mine failed within a year of buying my 2014. Swapped it with a more powerful Duralast Gold (like I put in all my cars coz OEM batteries can't handle my systems and I have had terrible luck with AGM's). Never looked back. The AZ desert kills batteries - if you have one here that lasts more than 2.5 years I'd consider that a victory. Batteries are a crapshoot on whether they're going to last or not. Unless they're failing every few days/weeks (due to a failing charging system) then there's not much you can do about it. And everyone's battery experiences are going to be different based on their location and electrical system draw/strain.

Bottom line, if yours is having issues or failing tests OP, replace it.

FreedomPenguin 12-27-2018 05:41 PM

He's right, heat is the #1 killer of batteries, being Az. That is tough, Alaska cold and ohio midwest doesn't seem to be mean to the batteries, just salt is downfall to this place. When in doubt, replace. battery replacement is cheaper than 1 tow and headache .

62Fender 12-27-2018 07:56 PM

My 2008 tC was delivered in December, 2007. The stock Panasonic battery lasted 10 years.

Here's a cool battery gauge for less than $2 shipped. With slight modification, it'll fit in your switch bezel. The indicator ranges from 13.3 to 11.2 volts. It may not be NASA accurate however it warned me two weeks before the battery died. More than enough time to source an on-sale replacement.

EDIT: Removed Ebay link

Wickedmorganite 07-19-2023 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by AbdelMajeed (Post 4291900)
Hey guys,
I recently went to get my battery checked at several locations (Autozone, O'Reilly, Advance Autoparts) and some places told me battery is bad other(s) told me it was good - its been in the car since 2015 and hasn't been changed.
I am not getting assuring signals telling me its time for it to be changed so I wanted to hear out from you guys - how long did your OEM battery last?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

2023 and mine just died the original battery from 2015.