Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Oil leaking around filter canister.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 01:08 AM

Default Oil leaking around filter canister.

Hello all. I saw where this issue had been touched on already however I bring a unique aspect to the table & would really like some advice. I read these forums all the time on various topics but this will be my 1st time posting so plz forgive me in advance if my etiquette incorrect. Bought my wife a new 14 tc & took it to dealer for all servicing until last month. Things were tight so I opted to do the oil change myself. Mind you I'm not an incompetent who has never touched a wrench (no offense if your reading this) but rather this is the 1st vehicle I've ever takin to a shop, always opting to do my own wrench turning. Well the canister was so over torqued that with very little effort the single ear on back side brole immediately. After several hrs of attempting absolutely everything in my arsenal to safely remove & meeting another fail I decided total destruction was the only answer.... yes I know... massive mistake. Having been decidedly agrivated by this point there are 2 knick marks in the casting. Both are well below the lower most seal yet I have an oil leak. (Didn't see that coming did ya). Could it possibly be coming from somwhere else? Or has my idiocy cost me way more than the oil change from the dealer? Also are there any thoughts on repairs? I mean the dealer is the 1 that over torqued to begin with.
. Thanks in advance,
. Lesst popular person @ home right now