Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

A Story of Three Motor Mounts (GGP, TS, OEM)

Old 06-22-2012, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

had to go back to stock for now.... ill put it back on when it cools down.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where did you guys buy these?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by chicagokid
I do have a 6MT. And it's terrible at idle with AC on. If no one wants to buy it from me, I'll just put it back on in the fall.
Yup, alike chicagokid I had to swap my mount back to stock. The vibration with the AC on was a bit too much for me. For me the damn door rattled too when I would launch off 1st and 2nd. Overall though I really enjoyed the mount just wish it didn't rattle the car as much. Its really depends driver to driver though. Going to mess the increase in responsiveness in the car that's for sure.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by messyjesse87
where did you guys buy these?
I'm selling mine, want to buy them? 65 bucks shipped and it comes with both the sport and racing bushings.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lemme get those dude.
Originally Posted by disaster06
I'm selling mine, want to buy them? 65 bucks shipped and it comes with both the sport and racing bushings.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mkeple
Lemme get those dude.
PM sent
Old 07-13-2012, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine is for sale too. See link below. Let me know guys if you want it.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216264

Last edited by chicagokid; 07-13-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Now posted on the classified
Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are there still any in stock or available for sale? i would be interested in purchasing one of them!!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine is still for sale. It's just sitting in the box in my storage ready to be shipped. See my link above your post.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216264
Old 08-10-2013, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone have a link for these??
Old 08-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Banned

Selling mine, only used it for a few hundred miles. I really liked it but was putting some things back to stock.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pm'd
Old 09-29-2013, 09:30 PM

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but i'm looking at purchasing the GGP mount. One question through, I can't seem to find any after market mounts for the side and rear of the engine. Any idea as to why that is? I've heard that the right/left mounts help considerably with engine movement, is that not the case with the tc2? Will the front mount suffice in reducing most of the engine slop?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it definitely does.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mount stiffness

Originally Posted by johnmk
Hello ladies & gents,

1) GGP Motor Mount is probably the way to go. I purchased mine from Geoffrey Pakis at NurSpec -- excellent customer service there, by the way. The quality of construction appears to be top-notch, and overall it's more substantial than the TS mount. The GGP mount arrives with two sets of bushings, one set at 70 durometer hardness, the other at 88dm. Inside the car with the 88dm bushings, you'd swear you're in a V8. The sound and vibrations are muscular and convincing, and the engine doesn't flop around noticeably in the engine bay. The 88dm bushings will expose you to a level of vibration you might not be comfortable with for extended cross-country excursions, however. Step out of the vehicle and your body will be quivering. With the 70dm bushings, the ride is quieter and vibrations are reduced markedly. Doesn't sound anything like a V8, though. Still, much better than stock sound, and the engine isn't flopping around as much as with the stock mount. This represents a good compromise, IMO, for a daily driver. Swap in the 88dm bushings whenever you want that experience, however -- with the right tools, it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to go back & forth.

2) The TS motor mount (acquired from the good people at THMotorSports) arrives with one set of bushings, at 75dm hardness. Curiously, the bushings and mount don't fit flush with each other, as I would have expected them to, leading me to believe either I received the wrong product, or TS quality control is lacking. THMotorSports assures me I was sent the correct product, but ultimately Torque Solution would know this, but I can't get ahold of them. As I am not confident in the craftsmanship of the mount/bushing combo I received, I can't give you useful thoughts on this mount, except to say that I tried to contact Torque Solution on multiple occasions to have them answer some questions I had, but they never got back to me. At one point I spoke with Mike, at Torque Solution, who sounded like he was attending a NASCAR race and as such couldn't speak to me conveniently at that time. He promised to call me right back, but never did. Several polite e-mails to Torque Solution were similarly un-replied-to. In any event, the vibration and noise level of the TS mount/bushings were slightly higher and more muscular than the GGP mount w/ 70dm bushings, but my impression is that the TS motor mount permitted just slightly more engine flop vs. GGP w/ 70dm bushings. I'm not sure why that would be.

3) The OEM motor mount is just sad; it's clearly bettered by both the GGP and TS mounts. If you've never driven a car with a firm motor mount then don't know what you're missing, as you have no point of reference. The OEM mount is super quiet, soft, allows the engine to flop around like a fish on the deck of a slicked-up boat.

With a firm motor mount, as an example, driving through the parking lot at slow speeds, the experience is smooth and steady, not urch urch urch urch like with the stock motor mount where the engine is flopping around and continually dispensing with and taking up slack. With the engine more fixed in its position, you get more immediate power to the ground, as the engine doesn't have to twist itself around first, and then twist the driveshaft & tires. This rigidness is applicable to any sudden change in power, whether it be between gears while shifting, where there's a momentary disconnect which permits the engine to rock back to its normal position, or starting off from a stop, or whatever. You want the engine to sit still, and the tires to move, not the other way around. Firm motor mount is the only way to do this. The difference is palpable.

In conclusion, I can whole-heartedly endorse the GGP motor mount and bushings. I won't speak good or ill of the TS mount, at least not with 100% conviction, because I'm honestly not sure what I've got here. I will say this about Torque Solution -- despite my repeated attempts to reach somebody there with questions, they never got back to me. I was very patient, as I wanted to post as fully informed a review as I could, but a month has gone by and I've given up waiting. If anybody else with the TS mount could post a picture of it installed in their vehicle, I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll be using the GGP motor mount with 70dm bushings, swapping in the 88dm bushings when I feel like going commando.

-John
so what is the dm of oem anyway does anybody know? ts is 75 and ggp comes 70 and 88..oem spec? ?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

k this is retarded all the nurspec sites I try on 2 browsers and my phone don't work lol is there anywhere else I can find the ggp mount
Old 08-13-2014, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where can I get the ggp mount ????? I could just buy ts one but rather have the extra bushing. Be nice to have the stiffer one for 1/4 mile.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought mine at nurspec.com a few years back. But the site doesn't seem to pull up anymore. I did see a few listings on ebay for them.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:39 PM

Where can i find this GGP motor mount for the tc2 ???
Old 06-12-2017, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wake up dead thread! Im selling me mount.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/ppc...4/#post4281381

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A Story of Three Motor Mounts (GGP, TS, OEM)