Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

A Story of Three Motor Mounts (GGP, TS, OEM)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
Wake up dead thread! Im selling me mount.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/ppc...4/#post4281381
This still available?

Also anyone know where to find a mount for this car? Been looking for over a year for a urethane front mount. Torque Solutions only made 50 and they're long gone - I asked if they'd be interested in making more and they told me to pound sand, NYPPD won't reply to my emails, and Nurspec is offline. :'(
Old 01-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Default Found Torque Solution engine mount..

Currently says they have them in stock!

https://thmotorsports.com/5245758-to...-engine-mounts

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-01-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I've been waiting for them to re-appear online too! NYPPD didn't answer my emails either. Torque solutions it is..thanks!
Old 01-21-2019, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pheynix97
Currently says they have them in stock!

https://thmotorsports.com/5245758-to...-engine-mounts

Originally Posted by Manualsonly
Thanks, I've been waiting for them to re-appear online too! NYPPD didn't answer my emails either. Torque solutions it is..thanks!
After talking with TS directly, there's no chance of a 'new' one ever again. A lot of sites say they're in stock but only drop ship from the mfg. Best (and cheaper) current option is to grab a new stock mount from Toyota (~$55 - or have your car down for a week while your stock mount cures) and a urethane fill kit for ~$35 and fill it yourself. I did last summer and it is one of the best things I did. I went with the black 60A kit here and I don't regret getting the softest one at all. https://www.suspension.com/diymmi. I took some pics of how mine turned out in my build thread. The solid part of the mount is where you really see the benefit, not necessarily from the stiffness (for daily).
Old 01-21-2019, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I figured, I've been calling and emailing places for a while to track down any mount. How is the custom mount holding up? I might just buy a new factory factory mount and do the custom fill like you did.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Manualsonly
I figured, I've been calling and emailing places for a while to track down any mount. How is the custom mount holding up? I might just buy a new factory factory mount and do the custom fill like you did.
So far it looks brand new. I don't even check on it anymore. The main reason I recommend using a new mount aside from downtime is that it's clean and free of oils that can get on it via driving. Was super easy to setup and super easy to cleanup any excess afterwards. The only negative is that you feel it more when the car does that weird idle rpm dip thing at stop lights (tho the ovtune took care of that), but it's completely offset by how you can actually drive in low rpm thru a parking lot now without the car losing it's sh*t and shifting is noticeably better. Once you have the new stock mount in your hand and see how big the gap is and that you can move the center of the mount with your thumbs you realize just how beneficial simply filling the mount is. Was a super easy DIY process. Just make sure to let it cure for a solid week before installing (also super easy to install, all you really need is a ratchet with short extension and like a 17 or 19mm socket. Wow.. I said super easy like 15 times, oh well.. it's super easy lol.
Old 03-17-2022, 01:38 AM
SL Member

Gonna try to call that Geoff guy tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath...
Old 03-17-2022, 09:00 PM
SL Member

Yup, twice no answer, and voicemail doesn't work