Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Tuning questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 AM

Default Tuning questions.

So as of now I'm about to be putting on Dezod green headers, Megan racing midpipe and Greddy Evo3 axle back exhaust. From what I've heard if I don't tune the car I will be running lean and or rich which will result in some power loss. Now the real questions...is this true from just bolt on's?

I was also told the the Toyotas ecu resets its self after sometime ones it's not stock tuned anymore. And that I will need the OrangeVirus and AEM FIC to prevent the ecu from resetting itself.

I'm not boosted, just trying to prevent my car from running lean/rich and preventing power loss.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Klacker0
So as of now I'm about to be putting on Dezod green headers, Megan racing midpipe and Greddy Evo3 axle back exhaust. From what I've heard if I don't tune the car I will be running lean and or rich which will result in some power loss. Now the real questions...is this true from just bolt on's?

I was also told the the Toyotas ecu resets its self after sometime ones it's not stock tuned anymore. And that I will need the OrangeVirus and AEM FIC to prevent the ecu from resetting itself.

I'm not boosted, just trying to prevent my car from running lean/rich and preventing power loss.

In my experience, a tune is a good idea even with just bolt-ons. The factory ECU won't know what to do with all of the extra and may just throw a code. You may not experience much of any gains with just the bolt-ons, but if your goal is to stray away from lean/rich problems, and you have the extra cash to get a piggyback ECU and a tune, then get one (from someone who knows how to tune whatever software platform you are using).

I have run into conflicts with the factory ECU, where it kept resetting changes. When we installed the AEM FIC with the Descendant kit, my tuner and I found that the tables kept resetting. Keep in mind, that was back in 2011 and maybe the newer piggyback ECUs can overwrite them in a more permanent capacity.

Disclaimer: Been a while since I've been on here, but I'll let those who haven't been out of the game correct me.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

/\ This