Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

//Dezod Motorsports// Scion tC2 Turbo System is now here!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default //Dezod Motorsports// Scion tC2 Turbo System is now here!

Some picture diarrhea...

Featured in the 2013 Scion Tuner Challenge!

Downpipe and S-pipe

Dump tube

Intercooler pipes w/ custom silicone

Manifold shots

Power info

[BTC2] auto at 9.5 PSI tuned by me and dyno'd after the customer drove 8hrs home in Chicago, IL ON A MUSTANG DYNO *LOWEST READING DYNO[/B]

TC2 6 speed at 9.5 PSI on stock exhaust tuned by Running Wild Motorsports in NE. Graph overlaid over stock to show power changes.

Notice this car has over 250ft/lbs of TQ at 3500 RPMS! FUN!!!!!!!

Adding our 3" v-band exhaust to the car above yielded a 34whp gain.

TC2 6 Speed with GReddy exhaust at 11 PSI

All results where done on independent 3rd party dynos, which can not alter or skew data.

System includes the following quality components:

*Genuine Garrett T3/T04E turbocharger
*Stainless steel braided -4 AN oil feed line
*-10AN oil return line
*CNC insta-tap Oil Pan System (no welding required)
*Stainless steel Ram Horn tubular TIG welded turbo manifold
*TiAL 38mm V-band wastegate
*Stainless steel 2.5” downpipe w/ flex section & v-band connection
*Stainless steel s-pipe w/ v-band connection (bolts to stock exhaust or aftermarket)
*TiAL Q 50mm blow off valve
*Front mount intercooler 26”x 6.5” x 3.5”
*Mandrel bent, light weight, SFP Technology aluminum intercooler pipes
*2.5” aluminum intake system with DSS Technology MAF housing
*K&N filter
*4 ply silicone couplers
*T-bolt clamps & Stainless Worm gear
*Turbo install kit
*CNC vacuum manifold (for a cleaner install)
*Plug-N-Play 550cc fuel injectors (no cutting or splicing)
*AEM Fuel & Ignition Controller (AEM FIC) w/ Base Calibration
*Custom wiring harness for the AEM FIC (no cutting or splicing required)
***optional 3" v-band exhaust.

Info on kits
We have 2 versions of the kit. Tuner Series and Complete Bolt on.

Tuner kit Bare bones kit with no fuel and engine management included. It's for the guy that may want to run a standalone EMS, or something custom and a different or much larger injector than what we provide with the complete kit. At a price of $3550.00 it's all value.
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-scion.cfm

Complete kit The complete bolt on legacy kit includes everything needed to run the car and boost out of the box. Genuine brand name products like Garrett, TiAL, AEM etc. At a value price of $4699, it makes boosting the 2AR a breeze. T-bolt clamps, vacuum manifold, plug-n-play technology, blow-thru MAF, it's no wonder why it's a great seller.
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-scion-...rbo-system.cfm

__________________________________________________________________________________________

So I have had a lot of customers contacting us about our tC2 kit and how it compares to the competition. I will gladly highlight some of our features that our competitor(s) do not have!

1) Turbo manifold with a CNC design that's unique to promote good gasket sealing, transition the exhaust port from oval to circle which also creates a mini velocity stack too into the runner.

2) Real 4-1 merge collector which means the exhaust pulses enter the turbine housing smoothly allowing for better spool and throttle response. Ask the competitors for shots of their merge!

3) Best wastegate priority out of any of the competitors! That means better boost control at all times. Ask them for up close shots of their priority!

4) We use a Genuine Garrett turbocharger! Not Turbonetics, not Precision.....Garrett. One of the highest quality turbochargers on the market.

5) We use ALL TiAL valves! Wastegate and BOV. The highest quality American made valves money can buy! Hands down. Race proven and located right in Michigan.

6) Our intercooler requires no fascia trimming. It's a front mount and not a side mount!!!

7) The downpipe is 4 bolt flanged and includes the s-pipe. Nobody else does! (extra value)

The connection from downpipe to s-pipe is v-band. Nobody else does there either.

9) Our downpipe/s-pipe combo includes a flex pipe AND uses the factory hook up for back of the s-pipe to the exhaust.

10) We offer a 3" exhaust....

11) Our turbo install kit includes all Grade 8 or Grade 10 bolts to guarantee hardness so that they can handle the abuse. No grade 5 Pep Boys bolts here!

12) We include a CNC cut vacuum manifold for cleaner install. No 3-4 t's all over the engine bay.

13) We have a real intake to our turbo system. Not just a cone slapped onto the compressor inlet.

14) No need to run an alternate battery tray or battery for that matter.

Any more Q's? We'd be glad to answer.

Originally Posted by x_Batman_x
it is obvious that heaps and heaps of work and thought went into this kit!

It looks awesome and all the dirty details that are explained in the features outline and pictures show that its going to perform as well as it looks. The quality of the merge collector and WG priority is unbeatable. The downpipe and intercooler bends look smooth, and the intake design is without a doubt superior to anything else available (how could it not be superior to nothing? )
Originally Posted by blown_xa
(how could it not be superior to nothing? )[

I'll answer that. There is no purpose to relocating the air filter inside the engine bay, unless it is to house the mass air flow sensor or to bring the filter away from a dump tube opening. The added piping and bends create suctional loss pre turbo. The only time there is a benefit to having an intake, is if it pulled in outside air cool enough to overcome the suctional loss. The best way to have an effective intake for a turbocharged setup is to have large diameter piping pulling in outside air. (4" cold air intake for example). Other than that, intakes are a loss on a turbo tC setup ( dyno testing ). You will never see a 10 sec drag Honda with a 2.5" or 3" intake snaking through the engine bay...
Its my understanding that air coming out of a filter is very turbulent and that an intake pipe settles the air which helps create a smoother boost curve. On super high level boost applications, such as 10 sec hondas, the turbo will max out an intake and create a vacuum so running no intake pipe (or even no intake filter) is an obvious lesser evil. On daily driven low boost applications, you're not going to max out a 3" tube, so in this case there is an advantage to having a pipe in that you're going to be feeding the turbo less turbulent air...

Anyone who knows more on the subject feel free to correct me, I am always down to learn more
Thanks for the kind words x_Batman_x. There was plenty of R&D and rhyme and reason into what was done on this kit. Between Frank and myself, we have a combined 20 years of experience on building turbo systems not just for Scions, but for Honda/Acuras, diesels, Nissans, Pontiacs etc.

Some shops claim that a dyno investment and such is the magical ticket to sales and all else. It's a large investment and of course a tool to help produce data, but let's step outside that bubble for a second. It's nothing more than that. Just because your dyno says something does not mean it's true. There are ways to fudge that data. We all have seen this first hand from numerous shops and shootouts and such. I am not pointing a finger, nor assuming anyone is doing such behavior, but it has been proven that many of times "in house" numbers and stats don't always equate to "outside" numbers and stats even with almost all other variables the same.

I am SO confident in our product I would be willing to chalk up product for free to compete against ANY of our competitors kits on an unbiased third party car, dyno and tuner to show we will outperform them all at the same boost level, same turbo and all. My cards are flipped over and I am all in.

Furthermore, we all know that high HP race car building is very different from functional street car building. We are talking about programs that rebuild their engine after every race or two versus the fella that slaps on his turbo system and then forgets about it for 6 months until the filter needs to be cleaned or he decides that he may need to check his plugs. VERY different scenarios and clientele.

I would also like to point out that no matter what size, snake design or whatever of the intake PRIOR to the turbo, that all of the air volume must still pass through a cleaning process which is done through the air filter. Therefore, the maximum amount of air that can enter said intake tract is limited by the restriction of the air filter element material, design and or suction surface area. If you really want to get technical.
My point being, the air volume that the turbo can intake is limited by the scope of the filter used regardless of what tubes it passes through. Now, in the grand scheme of things air passes through a cylindrical surface faster and smoother. This (I think) is what x_Batman_x was attempting to say. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by paul_dezod; 03-31-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Link doesn't work. But the turbo looks great!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you go to the site through google you can see the kit and price....but yeah, the direct link don't work
Old 04-21-2012, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is the correct link. I'm sure Paul will edit and post on the OP when he sees this.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So for those of you with turbo knowledge, what's the difference between this one and the other two? WHP all seems about the same with the only difference being how the pipes are run.

I know I'm over simplifying, but what's the difference?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^i was gonna ask that. lol

^x2
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Link doesn't work. But the turbo looks great!
Originally Posted by speterson82
if you go to the site through google you can see the kit and price....but yeah, the direct link don't work
Originally Posted by scionchicop
Here is the correct link. I'm sure Paul will edit and post on the OP when he sees this.

Thanks and corrected!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
So for those of you with turbo knowledge, what's the difference between this one and the other two? WHP all seems about the same with the only difference being how the pipes are run.

I know I'm over simplifying, but what's the difference?
Originally Posted by johndeo11
^i was gonna ask that. lol

^x2
What you should be looking for is build quality, components used, power made, what's included etc. The devil is really in the details.

What we include is a lot of value in every plateau for the pricing. Look at our build quality. Look at our component list.

If you have more questions, I will be glad to answer, however do not expect me to throw a competitor directly under the bus by name.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

So I have had a lot of customers contacting us about our tC2 kit and how it compares to the competition. I will gladly highlight some of our features that our competitor(s) do not have!

1) Turbo manifold with a CNC design that's unique to promote good gasket sealing, transition the exhaust port from oval to circle which also creates a mini velocity stack too into the runner.

2) Real 4-1 merge collector which means the exhaust pulses enter the turbine housing smoothly allowing for better spool and throttle response. Ask the competitors for shots of their merge!

3) Best wastegate priority out of any of the competitors! That means better boost control at all times. Ask them for up close shots of their priority!

4) We use a Genuine Garrett turbocharger! Not Turbonetics, not Precision.....Garrett. One of the highest quality turbochargers on the market.

5) We use ALL TiAL valves! Wastegate and BOV. The highest quality American made valves money can buy! Hands down. Race proven and located right in Michigan.

6) Our intercooler requires no fascia trimming. It's a front mount and not a side mount!!!

7) The downpipe is 4 bolt flanged and includes the s-pipe. Nobody else does! (extra value)

The connection from downpipe to s-pipe is v-band. Nobody else does there either.

9) Our downpipe/s-pipe combo includes a flex pipe AND uses the factory hook up for back of the s-pipe to the exhaust.

11) Our turbo install kit includes all Grade 8 or Grade 10 bolts to guarantee hardness so that they can handle the abuse. No grade 5 Pep Boys bolts here!

12) We include a CNC cut vacuum manifold for cleaner install. No 3-4 t's all over the engine bay.

13) We have a real intake to our turbo system. Not just a cone slapped onto the compressor inlet.

Last edited by paul_dezod; 04-24-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Any sponsorship ops available???
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks awesome and all the dirty details that are explained in the features outline and pictures show that its going to perform as well as it looks. The quality of the merge collector and WG priority is unbeatable. The downpipe and intercooler bends look smooth, and the intake design is without a doubt superior to anything else available (how could it not be superior to nothing? )
Old 04-26-2012, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll answer that. There is no purpose to relocating the air filter inside the engine bay, unless it is to house the mass air flow sensor or to bring the filter away from a dump tube opening. The added piping and bends create suctional loss pre turbo. The only time there is a benefit to having an intake, is if it pulled in outside air cool enough to overcome the suctional loss. The best way to have an effective intake for a turbocharged setup is to have large diameter piping pulling in outside air. (4" cold air intake for example). Other than that, intakes are a loss on a turbo tC setup ( dyno testing ). You will never see a 10 sec drag Honda with a 2.5" or 3" intake snaking through the engine bay...
Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its my understanding that air coming out of a filter is very turbulent and that an intake pipe settles the air which helps create a smoother boost curve. On super high level boost applications, such as 10 sec hondas, the turbo will max out an intake and create a vacuum so running no intake pipe (or even no intake filter) is an obvious lesser evil. On daily driven low boost applications, you're not going to max out a 3" tube, so in this case there is an advantage to having a pipe in that you're going to be feeding the turbo less turbulent air...

Anyone who knows more on the subject feel free to correct me, I am always down to learn more
Old 04-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa

Thanks for the kind words x_Batman_x. There was plenty of R&D and rhyme and reason into what was done on this kit. Between Frank and myself, we have a combined 20 years of experience on building turbo systems not just for Scions, but for Honda/Acuras, diesels, Nissans, Pontiacs etc.

Some shops claim that a dyno investment and such is the magical ticket to sales and all else. It's a large investment and of course a tool to help produce data, but let's step outside that bubble for a second. It's nothing more than that. Just because your dyno says something does not mean it's true. There are ways to fudge that data. We all have seen this first hand from numerous shops and shootouts and such. I am not pointing a finger, nor assuming anyone is doing such behavior, but it has been proven that many of times "in house" numbers and stats don't always equate to "outside" numbers and stats even with almost all other variables the same.

I am SO confident in our product I would be willing to chalk up product for free to compete against ANY of our competitors kits on an unbiased third party car, dyno and tuner to show we will outperform them all at the same boost level, same turbo and all. My cards are flipped over and I am all in.

Furthermore, we all know that high HP race car building is very different from functional street car building. We are talking about programs that rebuild their engine after every race or two versus the fella that slaps on his turbo system and then forgets about it for 6 months until the filter needs to be cleaned or he decides that he may need to check his plugs. VERY different scenarios and clientele.

I would also like to point out that no matter what size, snake design or whatever of the intake PRIOR to the turbo, that all of the air volume must still pass through a cleaning process which is done through the air filter. Therefore, the maximum amount of air that can enter said intake tract is limited by the restriction of the air filter element material, design and or suction surface area. If you really want to get technical.
My point being, the air volume that the turbo can intake is limited by the scope of the filter used regardless of what tubes it passes through. Now, in the grand scheme of things air passes through a cylindrical surface faster and smoother. This (I think) is what x_Batman_x was attempting to say. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by paul_dezod; 04-26-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Some more fun!

TC2 manifold Jet Hot coated (per customer request)

AND

one more awesome shot of the throat of this beast. Note this angle does not do our 4-1 pyramid merge collector justice either.

This is the $ profile shot.

Attached Thumbnails //Dezod Motorsports// Scion tC2 Turbo System is now here!-tc2-jhcoated.jpg   //Dezod Motorsports// Scion tC2 Turbo System is now here!-tc2-throat.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ooh! I LOVE the black manifold! If we order the stealth black intercooler piping does the manifold come in black?

p.s. I hope i showed how much I love that haha
Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kyleptrsn1
Ooh! I LOVE the black manifold! If we order the stealth black intercooler piping does the manifold come in black?

p.s. I hope i showed how much I love that haha
No. Manifold comes raw unless you pay for ceramic services from Jet Hot. Estimated cost is $250 plus small charge for shipping there and back.

Last edited by paul_dezod; 05-02-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Are there numbers yet?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Exhaust side a/r?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Exhaust side a/r?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matty! How are ya? .82 my friend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: //Dezod Motorsports// Scion tC2 Turbo System is now here!