Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

Help with electronic Boost controller on Dezod kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 PM

Default Help with electronic Boost controller on Dezod kit

To start off, Im Chris, I have a 2014 TC and i am in the middle of installing a DEzod turbo kit.

Currently, I am trying to hook up the vacuum lines and it seems like the distribution block is missing a fitting so i can "T" it off the brake boster. so i guess i have to go buy that.

My big question, I have a greddy Profec boost controller and i am trying to hook up the solenoid. I know one goes to the wastegate and the other calls for a source on the compressor outlet. But the Garrett Turbo does not have any source. so... What are my options? do I have to take all of this back apart so i can drill and tap a fitting? or can i get the source from somewhere else?

also, about the main vacuum source that im getting off the brake booster, am i missing something?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey - about how long did it take you to install your Dezod kit?
Old 03-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrFML
To start off, Im Chris, I have a 2014 TC and i am in the middle of installing a DEzod turbo kit.

Currently, I am trying to hook up the vacuum lines and it seems like the distribution block is missing a fitting so i can "T" it off the brake boster. so i guess i have to go buy that.

My big question, I have a greddy Profec boost controller and i am trying to hook up the solenoid. I know one goes to the wastegate and the other calls for a source on the compressor outlet. But the Garrett Turbo does not have any source. so... What are my options? do I have to take all of this back apart so i can drill and tap a fitting? or can i get the source from somewhere else?

also, about the main vacuum source that im getting off the brake booster, am i missing something?
The block is set for 1/8"NPT. Go to your local hardware store and score a brass barb. Done deal.

Read that manual and see if it can take a boost and vac hookup. If it can, then use the vac manifold. If not, then you must remove the compressor housing, tap for a fitting and then reinstall.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Vac block should be fine. Alternative is Teeing a line off a source like throttle body or brake booster.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by That_Kid_Ju
Vac block should be fine. Alternative is Teeing a line off a source like throttle body or brake booster.
Vac block is probably tee'd into a brake booster anyway.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I just say that cuz I did mine from the throttle body instead. Brake booster for the block is prolly better.