Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

HPF tuning a tC2 turbo?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default HPF tuning a tC2 turbo?

Hey Guys,

I've been out of the scion game for quite sometime and what not. I'm working at HPF (Horsepower Freaks in portland, OR) now and we just got in a tC2 with a PTuning Spec SS turbo kit on it. Customer has opted for a different turbo in his kit. instead of the standard turbo he is using a Garrett GTX2863R. I figured i would post up some pics of this car and the dyno charts once we get it tuned. Here are the pics of the installed kit:

We went ahead and installed the new AEM failsafe wideband/boost gauge in the car so that we could make sure the boost and AFR's stayed in check. We are also going to be using the failsafe gauge to trigger the AEM FIC into a rich fuel map if the boost goes out of range. this will prevent the car from leaning out in the event of overboosting... its really cool stuff.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nicee
Old 08-30-2012, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Guys,

Just figured i would update. We got through our install of the AEM failsafe and linked it to the FIC and got the tuning done. The PTuning base map was very close. We only had to make a few adjustments at throttle on and at the top of the RPM range. Besides that the kit is top notch and the base map was spot on.

Final Dyno:

The guys at ptuning said we could have leaned on it a little more and hit like 330 at 13 psi but the customer requested a safer tune so we put it more around 10 and he still hit 301 whp! The kit functioned very well and pulls pretty hard. Im sure the Chad will be happy. You guys in the PNW better be watching out for this sleeper.

~Erik
Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi folks,

This thread's about my car, which I picked up my car last night and drove from Portland to my home in Seattle, and scouts honor, I obeyed the speed limit as strictly as anyone else would have in my situation.

Now, a catnap before work!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
SL Member

Hi folks,

This thread's about my car, which I picked up my car last night and drove from Portland to my home in Seattle, and scouts honor, I obeyed the speed limit as strictly as anyone else would have in my situation.

Now, a catnap before work!
Big Thanks to Erik at HPF, and Chad for posting up a review of the kit. I was very excited to hear about the numbers the car put down and how the GTX-28 would perform. Chad, how did it feel to finally go WOT on your new setup after all these months?

Thanks Drew.R
Old 08-31-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Guys, just got this rendered and uploaded. this is the video of his dyno pulls. my web guy derped and forgot that he had a different turbo. i told him to fix the video and he blew me off.... wa wa waaaahhhh.

anyways without further ado:

Old 11-13-2012, 04:41 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by DownhillSpec
Hey Guys, just got this rendered and uploaded. this is the video of his dyno pulls. my web guy derped and forgot that he had a different turbo. i told him to fix the video and he blew me off.... wa wa waaaahhhh.

anyways without further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-MpKtdvfS0
I went through and watch the video all over again. Thank you very much for posting this video for the community to see. It has always been fun working with the guys at HPF.