Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 2G Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-forced-induction-1827/)
-   -   TC2 Turbo (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-2g-forced-induction-1827/tc2-turbo-220136/)

19Nestor 01-02-2013 04:54 AM

TC2 Turbo

hi im new to posting threads but I was wondering about how much money will I need to purchase and tune my car if I were to get a turbo kit

Diffraction 01-02-2013 06:50 AM

you would need more than just the kit itself, which are all around 5-6k. a number of things also should be changed to accommodate the turbo, like suspension, for example. Also, money for installation and tuning adds a good amount as well.

scionchicop 01-02-2013 12:03 PM

Look to spend at the least $5,000, assuming you go with one of the bolt-on kits available.

my06tc 01-02-2013 03:15 PM

all depends..you can buy a new bolt on kit around 5-6k.....or you can piece together a kit,for a bit cheaper,or you can buy a used kit.....

then comes the tune,the most important thing,youll ever spend your money on,you can have 10 grand in top end parts on your car,if its not tuned correctly,they will be useless..

list goes on and on...depending on what route you can,DIY or pay someone,will factor in how much you spend

19Nestor 01-02-2013 07:47 PM

thanks...

i dont which turbo to go with cause i like the ptuning turbo kit because i could get the optional red intake which makes it look bad ___....

or the dezod turbo because of the blacked out intercooler...

i saw that ptuning bring a step-by-step instruction on how to install and what needs to be removed....which saves me money which i could use to tune the car....

by the way i got a 2012 scion tc2 cement with tein lowering springs and weapon r neo-chrome intake ....

looks tight....

cause that the best way to go if i want to improve my power cause if i go with other things i wont get much power and will be spending about the same....

Kyleptrsn1 01-03-2013 04:56 AM

Here's what I spent: I did install myself.

Turbo: $5500
Gauges and gauge pods: $300
Clutch: $400
Tune: $600

I got a quote from a shop on how much it would cost to install and they wanted $5000 for the turbo and clutch install.

19Nestor 01-03-2013 12:43 PM

thaks....

for the info and it wasn't that hard to install it right

Rydrdg 03-02-2013 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 19Nestor (Post 4079211)
thaks....

for the info and it wasn't that hard to install it right

you can install and save money.then get a tune for decent power and run stock clutch. get sports spring and short shifter and a front strut tower bar you be strait.:eyebrow:8):icon_tired:

ZeroEyeQueue 03-29-2013 12:17 AM

If you don't know what you're doing, get a professional to help. It takes some cursory auto knowledge to do it correctly.

Suspension stuff can wait, and get a new clutch. The stock one will not last long, otherwise.

If you're installing yourself, plan on buying new plugs, fluids and the proper filters.

Our cars weren't meant for forced induction, so do it right the first time to avoid a more costly repair bill.